Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which VPS Provider is best & Cheap for production server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which VPS Provider is best & Cheap for production server

I'm looking for best VPS provider for production server , i need 1 Gb memory with lowest downtime and lowest price and should be reliable as linode

Comments

• Ok, we are telling about our dreams here.

I want world peace.

• DalCompDalComp Member

Try this.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited May 2013

You can get a Linux/Windows VPS from us with AutoBoot feature.

What is AutoBoot?

If your VPS goes offline for any reason then our Autoboot software will automatically start your VPS

AutoBoot with Downtime Notification?

Currently not available because of we don't have a dedicated mail server

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    You can get a Linux/Windows VPS from us with AutoBoot feature.

What is AutoBoot?

If your VPS goes offline for any reason then our Autoboot software will automatically start your VPS

AutoBoot with Downtime Notification?

Currently not available because of we don't have a dedicated mail server

Whoa, what is this black magic? I'll take 10, please

• @DalComp @DewlanceVPS like to offer you guys a free responsive mobile make over both sites are hotness BTW

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited May 2013

Prometeus seem to be having quite some uptime, at least that's what i see from serverbear

• @johnlth93 said:
    Prometeus seem to be having quite some uptime, at least that's what i see from serverbear

looking for USA based Location , Please suggest me

• balrabalra Member

digitalocean because:
    3 locations : 2 usa & 1 europe
    snapshot / backup images
    low price
    scalable/ stable

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

There are many; but Hostigation and RamNode would get my pick. Hostigation has been dead stable for the 2 or so years I've been with Tim, RamNode from the last 6 months or so I've been with them have been very stable too.

• johnlth93johnlth93 Member
    edited May 2013

@balra said:
    digitalocean because:
    3 locations : 2 usa & 1 europe
    snapshot / backup images
    low price
    scalable/ stable

Please, don't

@mrvimal_singh said:
    looking for USA based Location , Please suggest me

Okay, BuyVM (LasVegas/NewYork) or RamNode (Seattle/Atlanta)

anyway as @LES mentioned

http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/lowendbox-top-providers-2013-q1-results/

• awsonawson Member
    edited May 2013

DigitalOcean, maybe?

I'd never use a LEB in production.

• sleddogsleddog Member

I use lfcvps.com, ramnode.com, buyvm.net and ramhost.us in production and I'm very satisfied with all of them.

• lontonglontong Member

Similar thread: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/9479/best-vps-provider-for-serious-website.

btw, I'd vote for prgmr.com (though not that cheap)

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

I have sent you a pm

• @mrvimal_singh said:
    I'm looking for best VPS provider for production server , i need 1 Gb memory with lowest downtime and lowest price and should be reliable as linode

Hahaha

You trust VPS servers with "production" but want lowest price, as reliable as Linode and no downtime?

Buy a dedicated server off of eBay for $50 - 200, colocate for $30-50/mo. Problem solved and enjoy the vultures trying to pick at your $5 and $500 worth of headache you are about to bring them because with your requirements, you sound like a OMG SERVER DOWN!!! PINGDOM REPORT ATTACHED!!! customer

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

If I can recommend us: http://ftpit.com . If not: http://ipxcore.com @Damian

• sleddogsleddog Member

@doughmanes said:
    You trust VPS servers with "production" but want lowest price, as reliable as Linode and no downtime?

I see nothing wrong with his request.

The "lowest price" delivering Linode quality could be $1.00/month cheaper than Linode. I think that's doable, don't you?

• zserozsero Member
    edited May 2013

Reliable VPS for production? Prometeus Xen Biz plans no question!
    http://www.prometeus.net/sito/VPS

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited May 2013

@zsero said:
    Reliable VPS for production? Prometeus Xen Biz plans no question!
    http://www.prometeus.net/sito/VPS

Thank you but the OP wanted US so my vote goes to Ramnode.

• I can suggest providers that I have been using for these past 2 years without any issue:

RamHost

BuyVM

SemoWeb

Cloud3k (Virtually Dedicated)

HudsonValleyHost

123Systems

I have other good VPSes that I use, but I've only used them for less than a year.

• I got terrible disk I/O on 123systems...

• @CoolMoon said:
    I got terrible disk I/O on 123systems...

In some nodes I canceled, yes.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited May 2013

I'm planning on running a 'production' on @BlueVM KVM when they sort out the iso that I want to use on it.
    It is going to run a voip server which is pretty critical (as if it goes down, the phone in my house and brothers house will be non-functional) and will see how it goes. Their NY server uptime is 34 days currently where my KVM is based. They seem like they know what they are doing, and are not a 'sole trader' outfit, so hopefully this will get better ... If there is instability, then I've got a digital ocean and another OpenVZ node from another provider on standby for backup. Didn't really need a server, since I am using Linksys SPA 3000 which can handle 4 different outgoing providers, but I'm in the mood to tinker and waste a bit of time so bought a server :-)

If you're LEB'ing, then my opinion is that you should pay the least and expect the worst, ie have a backup plan! Even big providers go down, so you would probably need a backup for them too. So why not just LEB it, and have as @maounique says have 3-4 providers for the same price. the chances of 3-4 providers deadpooling, going offline at the same time are negligible. Only downside is the hassle of keeping the servers upto date (well it will be for a linux newbie like me) but it shouldn't be too much hassle for you lot that know what you're doing. You could use lowendspirit, buy 2 servers and ask them to do a HA setup :-)

1) Does anyone know a FREE web site monitoring site that text's you if your site is offline?

2) Does anyone know how to set up a back up so that if my sip server @BlueVM was down, my sip device would then register at my backup? I have DNS SRV in my device, could that be used?

• You could try rocketvps (KnownHost). Been with them years with no downtime.

• CatalystHost, NodeDeploy, BuyVM, RAMNode, Hostigation; in no particular order.

Find which one has the right price, location, and specs for what you need. They're all solid choices.

• marcmmarcm Member

@mrvimal_singh - You wouldn't go wrong with us either ;-)

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

I would recommend (obviously) us, RamNode and HudsonValleyHost.

• marcmmarcm Member

@dominicl and why not us?

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@marcm said:
    dominicl and why not us?

I've never used you, so can't speak for the service..