Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DigitalOcean Abuse Account Problem - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DigitalOcean Abuse Account Problem

12346»

Comments

• ThracianDogThracianDog Member
    edited February 2017

jarland said: I'm sorry that you feel that way, want a cookie or something?

Airline cookies are yummy. They always give you so few!

Thanked by 1jar
  • sinsin Member
    edited February 2017

@Maounique said:

sin said: When I found the hacked files that were causing the issue I notified them and I apologized over and over because I felt so bad about it.

I hope you solved the issue, not simply deleted the files...
    One of the problem we have is that people simply delete the files, instead of cleaning the plugins or upgrade to a non-vulnerable installation. After it happens again, they say they already deleted the files, since we allowed a reinfection, we are to be blamed for poor security...

This was years and years ago but yes the theme that caused the issue was found and I had confirmed with support at the time that it was that. I had 6 shared accounts with them and 7 years later I've never had another problem with those accounts.

• Big and cheap hosting companies dosent care about their clients at all even those who pays manny monies to em, creating an close relationship with the host ensure you safeness in situations like this :) ofcourse if you didn't do really anything illegal reported by the authoritiess . Anyways try vultr they are way batter than digital ocean they also offer cheap duos protection, and their reply is quite fast, once got replied back in under 5 minutes or less can prove it :P

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited March 2017

@eltdatar said:
    Big and cheap hosting companies dosent care about their clients at all even those who pays manny monies to em

Can you prove that I don't care about my clients? Because I say that's a lie.

Seems like a crappy way to introduce yourself here, friend.

• @jarland said:

@eltdatar said:
    Big and cheap hosting companies dosent care about their clients at all even those who pays manny monies to em

Can you prove that I don't care about my clients? Because I say that's a bold faced lie, followed by shilling.

I'm generally speaking and not all of those are like this but the majority, there's nothing directly pointed at you it's just my experience as a costumer? You do really feel a difference in service when something bad actually happens even if you pay more money for same configurations for examples :) you know what they saying patience is key.
    So please don't get all that defensive :)
    Been a digital ocean client myself and had account locked for verification which went smoothly tough taked a whole day while my instance being whiten down while with other more premium host taked less but my machine still running tough I just have couldn't do anything more on the customer panel :)
    Just small things patience comfort, stress you know... But running anything mission critical without backups is a crime :)

edited March 2017

@eltdatar said:

@jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

Can you prove that I don't care about my clients? Because I say that's a bold faced lie, followed by shilling.

I'm generally speaking and not all of those are like this but the majority, there's nothing directly pointed at you it's just my experience as a costumer? You do really feel a difference in service when something bad actually happens even if you pay more money for same configurations for examples :) you know what they saying patience is key.
    Been a digital ocean client myself and had account locked for verification which went smoothly tough taked a whole day while my instance being whiten down while with other more premium host taked less but my machine still running tough I just have couldn't do anything more on the customer panel :)
    Just small things patience comfort, stress you know... But running anything mission critical without backups is a crime :)

Well I care very much about my customers and so do all of my amazing co-workers. I will challenge any suggestion to the contrary. If, at any time, I think for a moment that someone might not have our customer's best interest in mind I speak to them immediately to understand and advocate for the customer.

It's easier to love on your customers first hand when you only have 5 customers, sure, but there are many ways to love your customers and treat them right.

Sometimes loving and respecting your customers means upsetting someone else. That is the nature of this business. No one likes those moments, but you have to do what's best for your customers.

• eltdatareltdatar Member
    edited March 2017

@jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

@jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

Well I care very much about my customers and so do all of my amazing co-workers. I will challenge any suggestion to the contrary. If, at any time, I think for a moment that someone might not have our customer's best interest in mind I speak to them immediately to understand and advocate for the customer.

It's easier to love on your customers first hand when you only have 5 customers, sure, but there are many ways to love your customers and treat them right.

Sometimes loving and respecting your customers means upsetting someone else. That is the nature of this business.

True that, but I am not talking here about unknown host companies :)) there's differences loving you're client there's either to generate trust which is most needed in the 5 costumers scenario or the love for reputation which most medium sized businesses do tough the bigger the company is not paying premium there's no profesional relationship between, been a client of hosteurope I was paying more than 300 euros for a server even setup fee and those people even called me when there was a problem (unmanaged) and even when all was smooth and those were calls to be assured of my satisfaction.
    I do feel digital ocean provides a good service, tough their costumer suport is direct cold and a bit offensive :) but in no ways digital ocean job to unlock the server because op didn't back up but digital ocean shall be legally entitled to display the reason of termination, Idk USA laws but hosts in europe do this :)

edited March 2017

@eltdatar said:

@jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

@jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

Sometimes loving and respecting your customers means upsetting someone else. That is the nature of this business.

True that, but I am not talking here about unknown host companies :)) there's differences loving you're client there's either to generate trust which is most needed in the 5 costumers scenario or the love for reputation which most medium sized businesses do tough the bigger the company is not paying premium there's no profesional relationship between, been a client of hosteurope I was paying more than 300 euros for a server even setup fee and those people even called me when there was a problem (unmanaged) and even when all was smooth and those were calls to be assured of my satisfaction.
    I do feel digital ocean provides a good service, tough their costumer suport is direct cold and a bit offensive :) but in no ways digital ocean job to unlock the server because op didn't back up but digital ocean shall be legally entitled to display the reason of termination, Idk USA laws but hosts in europe do this :)

To be clear I am speaking of my job at DigitalOcean ;)

If you accuse them of not caring about their customers, I am the recipient of the accusation.

• @jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

@jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

@jarland said:

@eltdatar said:

To be clear I am speaking of my job at DigitalOcean ;)

If you accuse them of not caring about their customers, I am the recipient of the accusation.

That's some leadership skills , hope I didn't go off topic with my explanations :) on this issue

• bapbap Member

@jarland & @eldatar : You guys really need to have some cups of coffee together..

• YuraYura Member

• Unfortunately such generic responses from DO support are acceptable standard nowadays.
    Amazing support they had in past is just that - a history.

It seems you we're doing something nasty, or at least someone else on your account.
    I had many violations in past, but never so serious that contact to support wouldn't help.

• muffinmuffin Member
    edited June 2019

@xZero707 said:
    Unfortunately such generic responses from DO support are acceptable standard nowadays.
    Amazing support they had in past is just that - a history.

It seems you we're doing something nasty, or at least someone else on your account.
    I had many violations in past, but never so serious that contact to support wouldn't help.

From the look of this entire thread, it could also be understood that the thread is more than 2 damn years old.

• might be unrelated;
    it's 2019 (already?), what happened if you drag GDPR to force provider to actually disclose the cause or uses "the right to be forgotten"? (just like the guy falsely banned from using cheat, then uses GDPR to force game company to disclose the real reason of the account banning)

This discussion has been closed.