Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

virmach chicago 512 kvm - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

virmach chicago 512 kvm

2»

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Member, Patron Provider

@TheOnlyDK said:

@VirMach said:

TheOnlyDK said: You should have asked them before hand if you wanted an IP from Eonix. Maybe ticket in? They should be able to migrate you if you pay them $3 migration fee, given that if they have space on their serverhub node.

We would have most likely migrated for free, if any were available. If people have custom requests, do we encourage them to ask first.

Well, I had a box migrated to Seattle (paid the $3 migration fee) but ended on a node in CC instead of Eonix (didn't even know you had CC for Seattle location before the migration), asked if I can be moved to Eonix instead but got told to pay another $3. Given the price of the server, I just let it sit in CC's network which has way more down time compared to the one in Eonix.

That was most likely done because you didn't specifically ask for Eonix to begin with, and last I remember Eoix in Seattle is low stock as well. I can take a look for you.

We're definitely eating more costs in 2017 to improve service so give it another try or have it flagged to management.

• @VirMach said:

@TheOnlyDK said:

@VirMach said:

TheOnlyDK said: You should have asked them before hand if you wanted an IP from Eonix. Maybe ticket in? They should be able to migrate you if you pay them $3 migration fee, given that if they have space on their serverhub node.

We would have most likely migrated for free, if any were available. If people have custom requests, do we encourage them to ask first.

Well, I had a box migrated to Seattle (paid the $3 migration fee) but ended on a node in CC instead of Eonix (didn't even know you had CC for Seattle location before the migration), asked if I can be moved to Eonix instead but got told to pay another $3. Given the price of the server, I just let it sit in CC's network which has way more down time compared to the one in Eonix.

That was most likely done because you didn't specifically ask for Eonix to begin with, and last I remember Eoix in Seattle is low stock as well. I can take a look for you.

We're definitely eating more costs in 2017 to improve service so give it another try or have it flagged to management.

Like I said I didn't know there's CC in Seattle, so partially it was my fault. I've got another VPS migrated to the Eonix box, so it's all good :)

• Yura said: Ugh. $20 down the drain.

Should had contacted Paypal. "Provider gives me no option to cancel, isn't helpful in assisting me, and automatically billed me" worked in my favor.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • VirMach said: There's a purpose for this.

People would complain that they have automatic billing enabled and would ask us why they're receiving an invoice e-mail. The e-mail telling people their bill is coming up would confuse a lot of customers, which would result in them either complaining, or accidentally thinking they weren't being billed automatically, which would sometimes result in double billing - especially with our old module.

Catering to retarded customers rather than keep what seems an industry standard. Whatever works right?