Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All this hack/CC/CVPS/LET drama in a nutshell - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

All this hack/CC/CVPS/LET drama in a nutshell

Comments

• Oh I bet the Chief -> CC/CVPS sale happened about the same time as... the ColoCrossing KickStarter competition!

• NickMNickM Member

Francisco said: LEA wanted to sell the site and came to me about it. He was originally wanting me to take over but since it would have caused too much of a stir I brought Joel into the discussion.

So, in other words, this whole mess is your fault? :P

• bretonbreton Member
    edited May 2013

JTR said:

I think it was sold to CC in late 2012.

From what I've noticed, I'd say later.

EDIT: oh, ok, in the Q&A it was said about last year.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

NickM said: So, in other words, this whole mess is your fault? :P

God dammit Nick.

Francisco

• DStroutDStrout Member

Still curious about solid evidence on the CC-CVPS affiliation.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

@DStrout said - What is the most solid evidence for Colocrossing owning ChicagoVPS? Most solid, please. And @SysAdmin if you care to comment after someone has posted, that would be great.

Anyone care to respond?

• LAKidLAKid Member

that means @SysAdmin has to respond to @SysAdmin;s own thread disguising as if @SysAdmin is not @SysAdmin but somebody else such as Chris, Luck, Liam, Jon, james, Adams, Francisco.....

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

LAKid said: that means @SysAdmin has to respond to @SysAdmin;s own thread disguising as if @SysAdmin is not @SysAdmin but somebody else such as Chris, Luck, Liam, Jon, james, Adams, Francisco.....

• LowEndAdmin said: Thanks for all the discussions here. I appreciate all the feedbacks. However somehow I don't think the democracy would work here, i.e. you guys vote for who I am handing over to. At the end I still need to pick the person/team that I can trust this site with.

Pity :-/

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

That link means nothing. I have explained this before. When ColoCrossing was small Jon put me on there to make him look like he had more employees. NOTHING MORE.

CVPS and CC are separate entities. I 100% own CVPS, I am just a client. I will not reiterate this again.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

CVPS_Chris said: When ColoCrossing was small Jon put me on there to make him look like he had more employees.

Oh so you're not just a customer, you're so close that he would employ you under false pretenses to falsify records and then give you a domain to start your business which is in no way related to ColoCrossing except that of a client relationship?

Well anyone who believes that, message me about snake oil.

• You know, if everyone was just honest about stuff, half this stuff wouldn't even matter!

Dragoon0309 said: half this stuff wouldn't even matter

Exactly what I've said all along. The only reason half of this information has any value whatsoever is the length at which they have gone to hide it.

Dragoon0309 said: half this stuff wouldn't even matter!

It still doesn't matter. Nothing has changed. No one from CC even takes care of the offers, moderating etc. It has always been @Liam. Like they said it changed hands far before anyone realized.

• @jarland said: Exactly what I've said all along. The only reason half of this information has any value whatsoever is the length at which they have gone to hide it.

I agree.

CVPS_Chris said: No one from CC even takes care of the offers, moderating etc.

Really? Who is "Stephanie" then? :)

• @CVPS_Chris A question mate, you personally know Jon Biloh / Alex (as friends maybe), but legally both parties are form different entity?

jarland said: Really? Who is "Stephanie" then? :)

No one I have ever heard of, so I really dont know and cannot answer.

CVPS_Chris said: No one I have ever heard of

I know though :)

• LAKidLAKid Member

@Liam what? Last name please? Because there are two @Liam...Just want to know.

vRozenSch00n said: @CVPS_Chris A question mate, you personally know Jon Biloh / Alex (as friends maybe), but legally both parties are form different entity?

Yes they are two separate. I knew Jon far before ColoCrossing or CVPS was started. I used to be a gamer and got into the gameserver business. With the fall of CoD only being hosted by Gameservers.com I lost all my business and moved to VPS since they were the same concept. Here I am today.

• vRozenSch00nvRozenSch00n Member
    edited May 2013

CVPS_Chris said: Yes they are two separate. I knew Jon far before ColoCrossing or CVPS was started. I used to be a gamer and got into the gameserver business. With the fall of CoD only being hosted by Gameservers.com I lost all my business and moved to VPS since they were the same concept. Here I am today.

That explains a lot. :)

• unusedunused Member

All the drama aside, I doubt this will have any impact on LET/traffic/etc. in the long run.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

^

jarland said: I know though :)

So share instead of acting like some "I know everything" attitude. I am learning just as much as you guys today, as I do not converse with Jon or Alex about private business between companies.

• unused said: I doubt this will have any impact on LET/traffic/etc. in the long run.

No major impact, I guess, as soon as CC and parties related reveal the reasonable truth, there will be no impact.

unused said: impact on LET/traffic/etc. in the long run

Personally all I ever wanted was to make sure that people took information here with a big grain of salt because we've already established that they're shady and that they secretly obtained ownership of the discussion forum most relevant to the particular market in which they have a huge stake. The only ones who can truly prove that they would not intentionally use this venue to subtly shift appearance of public opinion would be....the admins.

Adam.

edited May 2013

jarland said: The only ones who can truly prove that they would not intentionally use this venue to subtly shift appearance of public opinion would be....the admins.

Exactly Jarland. As stated, no CC worker posts here, makes decision on offers, bans anyone etc. They purely just own it as an investment. @Liam was doing everything. Is it that hard to understand.

Now, Im getting scooped into the drama I never asked for.

jarland said: Adam.

lol is that a joke?