Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a vps located in Europe for torrent downloading - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a vps located in Europe for torrent downloading

2»

Comments

• ElliotJElliotJ Member

Well, this is an awkward question that's getting awkward answers.

Torrenting is a grey area. Whilst the majority of torrenting is illegal, it's generally the rule that providers aren't allowed to snoop on your files (non-human searches around unencrypted/shared filesystems may be OK? Not sure) due to privacy concerns and therefore can only act when valid abuse reports are sent.

Therefore it's whether you'll abuse the server's resources, and whether you're using a public or private tracker for torrenting.
    Public trackers are watched by copyright enforcement companies who send out the automated DMCA emails. Private trackers don't particularly face that issue much.

Set your torrent client's limits to a reasonable level and use a private tracker and you should be OK - I may be completely wrong here, but I believe this was BuyVM's stance a while ago (may have changed since)

That said, there are a few new companies that are now offering the service that you're asking for - Downloading torrents, but not seeding them.
    That should save you the hassle of putting VPS providers into an awkward legal limbo.
    One I know about is Put.io. I haven't used it personally, but it's worth a go!

• @zhuanyi said:
    You work for the Salvation Army? And is there any Salvation Army that knows the LEB world? :)

I run the Salvation Army kickstarer program, feel like signing up?