Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH - do anybody else have issues when ordering extra IPs? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH - do anybody else have issues when ordering extra IPs?

2»

Comments

• You can now order extra IP's from OVH again. Tested today.

• SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited February 2017

I still can't get any IPs in Europe, like even just a single one, every location says contact support. All I need is one IP OVH pls.

Their status ticket for this says it should be solved by the end of the week(today). Hopefully that pans out.

• Poland IPs available today.
    Go and get it, pronto !

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Yeh had this issue for the last week, Had to throw some weight around to get a 16 :/

• Still not working, none of EU location.
    2 months problem and no good solution ?
    I need 64 ip.

• I bought them 1ip at once. Got them all

• Still an issue. Bought a Dedi end of last week. Managed to get one extra IP. I only need 16. Have put in a ticket. They are saying any time soon but probably next week, but they have been saying that for over 10 days now.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

When you are lucky you may be able to get 32IPs at any random time. Just keep trying. Someone might cancel their services and the IPs gets returned to the pool.

• Calling them will help?

@vmhaus said:
    When you are lucky you may be able to get 32IPs at any random time. Just keep trying. Someone might cancel their services and the IPs gets returned to the pool.

This is one time payment not monthly, so why someone will release them after he payed?

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@JamesG said:
    This is one time payment not monthly, so why someone will release them after he payed?

If you cancel your servers you can't keep the IPs. There's a parking option if you don't have them attached to a service, but that's at a cost of $3/mo/IP

Thanked by 2vmhaus JamesG
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Harambe said:

@JamesG said:

If you cancel your servers you can't keep the IPs. There's a parking option if you don't have them attached to a service, but that's at a cost of $3/mo/IP

Thats right!

• OK. I write a script that check using API, every min if there is ip's to order.
    I will be the first to know :)

Thanked by 1joeri
  • Since I made this thread I have seen that it has happen at least three times. Byt they always get new IPs. Sometimes it takes days, sometimes weeks. I got all the IPs that I needed and more after the first time. So good luck to you. It will be solved.

• thank you myhken.
    Problem is i need them ASAP.
    I am paying them 2K USD every month, and getting in to this problem is a big for me.

• @jamesg same issue here. Bought a dedi and will be buying another to support a big project. Bought it knowing I could get up 256 failover IPs, have only managed to order 1. I only need a block of 16 (tempted to get 32 when they come back in stock) no warning or acknowledgement of the issue until you have your new server and then can't order any! I know it's been said before but how come they have IPs when you order a new service yet can't get any more?! (I've been told it's because they use different pools of IPs).

• Yep. They didn't tell us nothing about that.
    And yes, this isn't same pool.
    I have 1 server with 32 ip's, totally different pool