Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH - do anybody else have issues when ordering extra IPs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH - do anybody else have issues when ordering extra IPs?

myhkenmyhken Member
edited February 2017 in General

I just trying to add some extra IPs on my OVH server, and get this error
This action requires verification or cannot currently be validated. Please contact your local support team.

I have never got this error before, have a /27 /28 and /30

This error apply to all numbers of IP and all locations. Have contacted support, but don't expect any reply from them before next week. So do anybody else have the same issue, or is it just me?

Comments

• Try calling them. Phone support is quite good

Thanked by 2myhken camarg
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

You reach your account IP limit

• davidgestiondbi said: You reach your account IP limit

But I have a Enterprise SP-64 server that can have 256 extra IPs, and I have only 55 IPs just now. I'm not an math expert, but I should be able to add 251 more IPs?

• I had this issue when I tried to order a /24 , but they fixed it right away when I called them

• @myhken said:
    But I have a Enterprise SP-64 server that can have 256 extra IPs, and I have only 55 IPs just now. I'm not an math expert, but I should be able to add 251 more IPs?

Math expert, you are definitely not. 256 - 55 != 251

• Junkless said: 256 - 55 != 251

LOL, I called it. :) Still 201 then...

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

@myhken said:

davidgestiondbi said: You reach your account IP limit

It's how they work to prevent spam. Simply call them, they will review your account and may increase the limit.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @myhken said:

Junkless said: 256 - 55 != 251

LOL, I called it. :) Still 201 then...

you can order 256 IPs, but max 64 blocks. so if you order a lot of /32 (single IPs) you might run into that limit earlier or even not be able to get all 256 IPs...

after all with 55 IPs so far you should have blocks to order left.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Usually when I've gotten this error it's simply because they're out of IPs for the specific location. If you're in EU try using different geolocation and it'll probably go through fine. Usually they have a status/travaux status page regarding IP stock if it is the issue. If not then it's probably account related.

Thanked by 1GamerTech24
  • I have no problem ordering new IPs in BHS.

• Falzo said: but max 64 blocks

Yes, it says that I have 60 blocks left.

MikeA said: If you're in EU try using different geolocation

Get the same error on all locations, including France.

Seems like I have to wait for the support to reply back.

• Got a reply today, and they are out of IPs in Europe I guess.

Hello, Currently we have problems with new IP delivery. Please try again later. Regards Gytis V. OVH IE Support Team

• I just spoke with OVH's CA and IE customer support and they're currently experiencing an IP shortage in Europe. I was told that placing orders for new IPs should be possible again either today or tomorrow.

Thanked by 2myhken GamerTech24
  • They have been running our for a while now, best thing to do is wait it out, I made an order for a /25 and they couldn't deliver that day however 2 days later I got my ips, they know they are losing money without ips don't panic they are normally quick at getting new ones.

• Still haven't been able to order any IPs. Was anyone able to order?

• @ascendrix

They have a task for it, and it's still say it's under progress, so they have not fixed the problem yet.
    This is directly from their task list, so in French:

IP FO et blocs RIPE 06/02/2017 12:42 Nous rencontrons des ralentissements sur la livraison des IP FailOver ainsi que les blocs RIPE. Un délai de quelques heures à quelques jours peut être observé selon le nombre d'IP commandées. Type:Incident Category:ALL Status: In progress

• Last night ask 2 ip fo and so far nothing: S
    I think these assholes were exhausted ip

• Time to get serious, I think, about that /27 I've been considering ordering

• They're running out of IPv4 addresses in Europe, if you have a server in France, order an IP with a specific geolocation in another country such as UK, IE etc instead of France and that may help and allow you to order from that address pool instead. Your IP will still be connected to your server in France it'll just show up as being from the other country.

• @ethancedrik the last days they have had issues with all IP pools. I have tried ordering in every country on their list. No free IPs anywhere. (Just tried to order 4 at the time)

• i83i83 Member
    edited February 2017

myhken said: So do anybody else have the same issue, or is it just me?

We have had a few issues with blocks not being available with OVH previously.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Weird, maybe someone bought all their IPs? lol

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Well, So long as they have 16 available when the SYD comes online, were golden. I have a /28 spare for the next node we bring online but after that it could be a battle.

IPv6 anyone?

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited February 2017

@pbgben said:
    Well, So long as they have 16 available when the SYD comes online, were golden. I have a /28 spare for the next node we bring online but after that it could be a battle.

IPv6 anyone?

Yeah they have separate IP blocks for Singapore and Sydney so that should be good

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2017

@ethancedrik said:

@pbgben said:

IPv6 anyone?

Yeah they have separate IP blocks for Singapore and Sydney so that should be good

Only a /17 I need half of that!

Jokes, I wish ;P I will be stocking up asap though,

• SpectrumHostSpectrumHost Member
    edited February 2017

That's why I love Hetzner
    *It's a shame that they don't have other locations.

• Yeah hopefully OVH hits up RIPE or APNIC and obtains more IP blocks

• Hey guys! Were you able to order additional ip in these days? I'm trying order them since monday and still not success.

• @insano41 they still have RIPE issues, so still no IPs. It still Under progress in their status page.

Thanked by 1Insano41
  • @myhken said:
    @insano41 they still have RIPE issues, so still no IPs. It still Under progress in their status page.

hey. Please have a look at this https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/106005/sell-2-x-29s-from-sys#latest