Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

small vps (Netherland / UK) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

small vps (Netherland / UK)

2»

Comments

• @Falzo said:
    also couldn't resist. yet I had 8.00 € on the invoice but 8.43 € via paypal (the latter more likely equals $9)? will see how things will turn out...

@ContraWeb maybe you want to have a look into that invoicing, I am going to open a ticket regarding this, because it would be great to get a correct invoice stating either $9 or 8.43 € at least to be able to do correct accounting and taxes ;-)

also the link to the customerpanel in your welcom-mail seems broken ( https://contraweb.net/klanten/ vs. https://contraweb.net/klanten/clientarea )

good luck with your sales!

Thanks for the feedback, the €0,43 are payment fees that PayPal charges us, we don't include this in the price. I will include this right now.

I will also fix the link, thanks.

• @nullnothere said:
    Resistance is futile (at least for the moment).

Signed up after a few discussions with @ContraWeb who has been very polite and punctual in clarifying my questions.

@Falzo - I too had the invoice "mismatch" where the amount shown is different from the charged amount (just a minor amount as you've pointed out but I too have raised a ticket to understand why - at all my other providers the invoice amount is charged precisely as displayed).

I also had to switch to "English" language in the portal (again pointed out by @ContraWeb) and I can manage. Unfortunately so far all the emails are in Dutch (but I'm able to manage since I only need the username/password!).

Now to find some (non idling) use for this nice KVM...

Thanks for the feedback,

Everything will be English within the next 3 days.

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • Changed the price to €9.00, it now includes the fees that PayPal charges us.

• hrhr, english isn't a top priority here. @nullnothere setup a vpn and use it for an invite on 1TB free stack with transip HAHAHA

• @ContraWeb said:
    Changed the price to €9.00, it now includes the fees that PayPal charges us.

I am very fine with the 8€ price + fees :-))

I only need the (my) invoice to exactly reflect that or put that $9 onto it, so one could argue its about the exchange rate ;-)

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited February 2017

ContraWeb said: Changed the price to €9.00

Wew thankfully I nailed it at 8.43 € too : )
    I suspected it was due to paypal's fees. What has surprised me a little is there were no differences as far as VAT is concerned; usually/pretty often the advertised price does not include the VAT (if applicable) of the customer, and different EU customers can have different VATs

• @mfs said:

I suspected it was due to paypal's fees. What has surprised me a little is there were no differences as far as VAT is concerned; usually/pretty often the advertised price does not include the VAT (if applicable) of the customer, and different EU customers can have different VATs

it seems like the invoice is completly without invoice. at least for me that's fine and correct as have a valid VAT ID anyway ;-)

also Brian already corrected my invoice accordingly, so the support is handling even those things on a sunday pretty well. Hope to see @Contraweb being able to keep that quality of service after the first real problems arise or bad neighbours arrive...

for 8.43€ per year it's a steal being KVM, located in NL... I tend to say best deal in 2017 so far. Let's talk again about this in a few weeks or month, when the node got filled!

• @Falzo said:

@mfs said:

it seems like the invoice is completly without invoice. at least for me that's fine and correct as have a valid VAT ID anyway ;-)

also Brian already corrected my invoice accordingly, so the support is handling even those things on a sunday pretty well. Hope to see @Contraweb being able to keep that quality of service after the first real problems arise or bad neighbours arrive...

for 8.43€ per year it's a steal being KVM, located in NL... I tend to say best deal in 2017 so far. Let's talk again about this in a few weeks or month, when the node got filled!

I have hosted a long time with Contraweb and never had any issues. They are a high quality provider with outstanding support.

Thanked by 2Falzo ContraWeb
  • FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2017

@FoxelVox said:

I have hosted a long time with Contraweb and never had any issues. They are a high quality provider with outstanding support.

yet you only registered today and this is your first post.
    I'll leave it at that, but be warned - this may backfire rapidly... (at least here at LET)

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @Falzo said:

@FoxelVox said:

I'll leave it at that, but be warned - this may backfire rapidly... (at least here at LET)

• @Falzo said:

@FoxelVox said:

What has that to do with contraweb? lol

Yes i indeed just joined the community, because i am really interested in this kind of stuff.

• I, too, am interested in cranial-rectal proctology.

• @Falzo said:
    hrhr, english isn't a top priority here. @nullnothere setup a vpn and use it for an invite on 1TB free stack with transip HAHAHA

Thanks for the reminder @Falzo - the issue with Transip was that they restricted usage to Netherlands only customers and I respectfully accepted that (I'm just not comfortable with false disclosure to create the account).

Afterwards I reached out to support and asked nicely on whether they could consider an exception - and tada, they politely said OK and set me up. Woo Hoo! So I got my 1TB of storage (I've not used anything at all - still revelling in the happiness that I HAVE 1 TB!).

Anyway there's still the (good) KVM to be put to use and I think a proxy is a great idea.

Let's see how the node stands up (as you say) over a bit more time.

All in all though, I've been quite happy so far with @ContraWeb / Brian and hope things continue to remain solid as they have been!

Cheers.

Thanked by 2Falzo ContraWeb