Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Dedicated server with desktop CPU
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for Dedicated server with desktop CPU

BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
edited February 2017 in Requests

I'm looking for a small dedicated server that has a CPU with an integrated GPU (for example a CPU with HD Graphics 2000/3000/4000/HD510/530 etc). Doesn't matter which CPU, as long as it's decent.

4GB RAM should be more than enough, disk can be any size as long as Windows can run on it. I want Windows to be installed, I have/provide my own license.

Location can be anywhere in the world. I need around 5TB bandwidth a month, 100mbps is more than enough.

Budget is around the €20 mark a month, I'm flexible however.

Comments

• @IKOULA have some servers with GPU. Please check it.

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • @mtsbatalha said:
    @IKOULA have some servers with GPU. Please check it.

Not a fan of submitting a scan of my ID.

• BlazeMuis said: Not a fan of submitting a scan of my ID.

If you ask nicely they sometimes allow you to verify in other ways. I was offered telephone verification once before.

Thanked by 2BlazeMuis Ikoula
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Well GTA 5 seems to run on G3900, Ikoula does that one for 10EUR + 10EUR Setup but only first 3 months.

Thanked by 2BlazeMuis Ikoula
  • @Neoon said:
    Well GTA 5 seems to run on G3900, Ikoula does that one for 10EUR + 10EUR Setup but only first 3 months.

Yeah.. Kinda sucks lol, I don't really like setup fees -.-

• BlazeMuis said: Yeah.. Kinda sucks lol, I don't really like setup fees -.-

Ikoula probably don't really like people signing up for dedicated servers and cancelling after 1 month.

• @Nekki said:

BlazeMuis said: Yeah.. Kinda sucks lol, I don't really like setup fees -.-

Ikoula probably don't really like people signing up for dedicated servers and cancelling after 1 month.

Yeah that's true.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran
    Thanked by 1BlazeMuis
  • i7-2600 or 3770 starts around 25 euro at Hetzner without VAT. They usually have 16gb ram and 2x 3tb hdd's. You'd have to install windows yourself.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

@willie said:
    i7-2600 or 3770 starts around 25 euro at Hetzner without VAT. They usually have 16gb ram and 2x 3tb hdd's. You'd have to install windows yourself.

This is spot on. SB31 (which, coincidentally, was mine), is up for €26 right now. The Good: It's not a bad machine. The Bad? RealTek, and non-Enterprise disks. I have no idea about GPU..

• JunklessJunkless Member
    edited February 2017

@WSS said:
    This is spot on. SB31 (which, coincidentally, was mine), is up for €26 right now. The Good: It's not a bad machine. The Bad? RealTek, and non-Enterprise disks. I have no idea about GPU..

Oops..read it wrong. My bad.

• SB31 just means the price is 31 euro including VAT. They use the price designation to figure out how what amenities are included: more expensive servers have more bandwidth, free backup space etc. Lots of the auction machines do have Intel NICs and enterprise hdd but those tend to cost a little more. Mine has the realtek nic and it's been fine, but I'm running bare metal. I think some virtualizers have trouble with it.

The i7-2600 etc. have Intel HD graphics which get better with newer processors. I believe the E3 processors whose model #'s end in 5 also have it (E3-1225, E3-1245 etc).

• BlazeMuis said: Not a fan of submitting a scan of my ID.

BlazeMuis said: Yeah.. Kinda sucks lol, I don't really like setup fees -.-

you dont like anything!!

but i agree with you...

• YuraYura Member
    edited February 2017

@WSS said:

The Bad? RealTek

OP wants to run Windows on it, he should be fine with Realtek, imho.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited February 2017

@Yura said:

@WSS said:

The Bad? RealTek

OP wants to run Windows on it, he should be fine with Realtek, imho.

I'm pretty sure that a heavy load can still cause a bluescreen.

• I use Debian on a Hetzner/Realtek, run at heavy network loads sometimes, and haven't had problems. But those heavy loads are pushing a ton of stuff through a few sockets, not having 1000s of sockets at once. If that matters, it sounds more like a sw issue.

• @willie said:
    I use Debian on a Hetzner/Realtek, run at heavy network loads sometimes, and haven't had problems. But those heavy loads are pushing a ton of stuff through a few sockets, not having 1000s of sockets at once. If that matters, it sounds more like a sw issue.

You pretty much nailed precisely what was wrong with RealTek back in the day. Their drivers were poorly written, CPU heavy, and leaked. You could find out who the torrenting folks were, because they'd be bitching about their expensive new NICs (or about rebooting a few times a day). :D

• WSS said: back in the day.

Heh that makes sense. Is it better now?

• @WSS said:
    I'm pretty sure that a heavy load can still cause a bluescreen.

It's freaking Windows we are talking about! Anything will cause a blue screen. :)

(Realtek sucks. And it's drivers are still horrible for *BSD and linux)

• Still looking for a dedi.

• google it wesley

• @TarZZ92 said:
    google it wesley

Yeah right.. that doesnt make sense at all. Was asking for some offers I couldnt find anywhere myself.

• AlexBarakov said: Actually, some Xeon's have integrated GPU as well

Any E3 ending in 5 to be specific; with one or two exceptions for notebooks (yes, intel does mobile E3s for notebooks... these end up with enterprise/gov - eg. made by Panasonic - due to ECC).

E5/E7 does not have SKUs with iGPU that i know - both in the single socket (15xx) and dual/quad/oct (26xx, 4xxx, 88xx) configs.

The Matrox (and similar) GPUs on modern server boards are barely enough to show a Windows desktop (8MB VRAM and similar crap); some E5/2011 Quanta boxes have none at all/very weird.

• zilchzilch Member
    edited February 2017

Just bought IntelCeleronG1620/4GBRAM/500GB/5TB from https://worldstream.nl 10eur/month. I'll post review in a week, but for now I can run any benchmarks you wish. This server is much better than netcup's entry root server.

• @zilch said:
    Just bought IntelCeleronG1620/4GBRAM/500GB/5TB from https://worldstream.nl 10eur/month. I'll post review in a week, but for now I can run any benchmarks you wish. This server is much better than netcup's entry root server.

order link please.

• @ewrek said:

@zilch said:

order link please.

Could've just clicked through to the site: https://www.worldstream.nl/special

• zilchzilch Member
    edited February 2017

ewrek said: order link please.

https://worldstream.nl/select-special.php?id=3287 I've paid per 6month at once (60eur). Another periods are more expensive per month.

• Even got sligtly faster [email protected] instead [email protected]
    glmark2 Score: 162

• zilchzilch Member
    edited February 2017

@BlazeMuis said:
    Not a fan of submitting a scan of my ID.

It's very dependent on your registration ip. I've made an experiment. Ip should be the same as registration country and and credit card country. If you use vpn or other anonymization it's always suspiciously. Online.net blocks automatically such cases. Also you should use address and zip which are really exists.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited February 2017

I'm in for a server with the following Xeon's as well: E3-1225 (any version), E3-1235 (any version), E3-1275 (any version).

Alright, just found out SYS has these :)