Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostBill's latest Brain Fart... lol - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostBill's latest Brain Fart... lol

13»

Comments

• marcmmarcm Member

@joepie91- You seriously need to get over yourself. You are not that interesting. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread then please stop derailing and move on. Go outside, have some fresh air, eat some Haagen-Dazs ice-cream so that you can alleviate your depression. Good day Sir.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@marcm said: @joepie91- You seriously need to get over yourself. You are not that interesting. If you have nothing to contribute to this thread then please stop derailing and move on. Go outside, have some fresh air, eat some Haagen-Dazs ice-cream so that you can alleviate your depression. Good day Sir.

Ah, nice attempt at evasion there. So, I suppose ads are in the future plans?

• marcmmarcm Member

@Spencer & @joepie91 - Just to clarify something about my URL shortener: I am setting one up called "leb.yt" specifically for LowEndBox with a much simpler script and direct redirects. I just haven't gotten around to do it yet. You can check out the domain, I registered it a while back. I am using URL shorteners because I don't like links that are a mile long. When the new shortener is done I will announce it. I am getting several other tools ready for this community at no cost to anyone but me. If I wanted to make a big deal out of the current shortener that I am using I would have made an announcement about it, but I didn't. I hope that this clarifies my intentions. Thank you.

@joepie91 said: Ah, nice attempt at evasion there. So, I suppose ads are in the future plans?

No plans for future ads. In fact, the script for "leb.yt" doesn't support accounts or any other special features. All shortened URLs will be visible on the front page (or at least the last "n" numbers of URLs).

• SpencerSpencer Member

@marcm said: Just to clarify something about my URL shortener: I am setting one up called "leb.yt" specifically for LowEndBox with a much simpler script and direct redirects.

That sounds great, I cant wait!!!! What is even the point of a URL shortener?

• lbftlbft Member

@marcm said: I am setting one up called "leb.yt" specifically for LowEndBox with a much simpler script and direct redirects.

Oh great, another useless shortener.

• PatrickPatrick Member

@Spencer said: What is even the point of a URL shortener?

To shorten urls, i think.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@marcm said: No plans for future ads. In fact, the script for "leb.yt" doesn't support accounts or any other special features. All shortened URLs will be visible on the front page (or at least the last "n" numbers of URLs).

That makes me a slightly happier panda.

The primary issues remaining: URL being hidden (which may be dangerous), and linkrot (see also http://urlte.am/).

• marcmmarcm Member

@Spencer and @lbft and @joepie91 - I got your input on the my URL shorteners. Thank you for your input, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Now please, I would like to move this thread along without any further derailments. Have a nice day gentleman, thank you for your valuable contribution and for your time spent in providing me with your feedback.

• marcmmarcm Member

@joepie91- To be perfectly clear: you can't turn an URL shortener in a advertising machine because you will get really bad results. Look at adf.ly

• SpencerSpencer Member

@marcm said: To be perfectly clear: you can't turn an URL shortener in a advertising machine because you will get really bad results. Look at adf.ly

They are making bank

• heiskaheiska Member

@marcm said: When the new shortener is done I will announce it.

Can't wait for the "marcm's latest Brain Fart lol" announcement thread.

• marcmmarcm Member

@heiska said: Can't wait for the "marcm's latest Brain Fart lol" announcement thread.

@heiska - Don't worry, I just pushed this to the bottom of my to-do list, like on the last page at the very bottom. And it's a really long to-do list. Maybe nobody wants it, even for free, so why bother then...

@Spencer said: They are making bank

@Spencer - They are making money however I always cringe when I see an adf.ly link.

• vedranvedran Veteran

Let's take the HostBill discussion to the old thread if there is anything else left to be said, this one was redundant from the beginning and now it's completely pointless.

Everything else -> The Cest Pit (I hope that's short enough?)

This discussion has been closed.