Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My 5 days experience with Hivelocity.net & SparkNode.com "ordering" team. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My 5 days experience with Hivelocity.net & SparkNode.com "ordering" team.

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:
    What do you want from us? You've got nothing to complain about, you're receiving your services and we've given you many options and explanation.

I have flagged this. No more comments please. I am done. Yes, you people helped me with so many providers. I can clearly see this on your comments. My mistake that I am mad and stupid.

You flagged what? You're talking to @trewq, our super moderator here..

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@Clouvider said:

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:
    What do you want from us? You've got nothing to complain about, you're receiving your services and we've given you many options and explanation.

I have flagged this. No more comments please. I am done. Yes, you people helped me with so many providers. I can clearly see this on your comments. My mistake that I am mad and stupid.

Dude! Can you leave me alone?

• rsharpy said: OR is it do something with Airtel 4G IP addresses?

I have Airtel blocked on all my mail servers which cut spam considerably.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@doughmanes said:

rsharpy said: OR is it do something with Airtel 4G IP addresses?

I have Airtel blocked on all my mail servers which cut spam considerably.

wow my friend! So, culprit is Airtel IP here. I remember when I used BSNL, I had more problems than this.

• It's possibly India. I've worked for providers in the past who screened India, China, Turkey, Vietnam, Thailand, and other countries where problems seem to come from after past incidents. I wouldn't take it so personal.

Thanked by 1rsharpy
  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@rsharpy said:

@Clouvider said:

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

Take it easy. You're in a public forum.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@Clouvider said:

@rsharpy said:

@Clouvider said:

@rsharpy said:

@trewq said:

Take it easy. You're in a public forum.

>

:D Please. Give me a break. Please find more useful threads out there.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@doughmanes said:
    It's possibly India. I've worked for providers in the past who screened India, China, Turkey, Vietnam, Thailand, and other countries where problems seem to come from after past incidents. I wouldn't take it so personal.

Yes, my friend. I am fully calm now. I hate when a beautiful day gets wasted with no work. :( Thanks for explaining and the help. Really appreciated. At least now I know at what time I need to make orders. Sales will be online in 1.5 hours as I asked their tech support. So, I can do this after dinner now.

Thanks again.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

tl;dr

Host does fraud check for new orders, even for existing clients, host was not fast enough to meet the users expectations, user wrote wall of text.

Pay more, get better.

Thanked by 2GCat Hxxx
  • teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2017

@rsharpy said:
    This is the result of hdparm.
    Timing cached reads: 29874 MB in 1.99 seconds = 15029.21 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 394 MB in 3.00 seconds = 131.31 MB/sec

That is nothing special at all. Here's a single disk benchmark (hdd) on my hetzner dedi:

Timing cached reads: 17010 MB in 2.00 seconds = 8510.24 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 526 MB in 3.04 seconds = 172.95 MB/sec

Online.net single disk (hdd):

Timing cached reads: 25188 MB in 2.00 seconds = 12605.89 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 298 MB in 1.82 seconds = 163.53 MB/sec

Online.net atom ssd (slow ass ssd):

Timing cached reads: 3662 MB in 2.00 seconds = 1831.71 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 744 MB in 3.01 seconds = 247.32 MB/sec

Really, any provider can achieve those speeds.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@teamacc said:

@rsharpy said:
    This is the result of hdparm.
    Timing cached reads: 29874 MB in 1.99 seconds = 15029.21 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 394 MB in 3.00 seconds = 131.31 MB/sec

That is nothing special at all. Here's a single disk benchmark (hdd) on my hetzner dedi:

Timing cached reads: 17010 MB in 2.00 seconds = 8510.24 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 526 MB in 3.04 seconds = 172.95 MB/sec

Online.net single disk (hdd):

Timing cached reads: 25188 MB in 2.00 seconds = 12605.89 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 298 MB in 1.82 seconds = 163.53 MB/sec

Online.net atom ssd (slow ass ssd):

Timing cached reads: 3662 MB in 2.00 seconds = 1831.71 MB/sec
    Timing buffered disk reads: 744 MB in 3.01 seconds = 247.32 MB/sec

Really, any provider can achieve those speeds.

I do not know my friend that what can be the cause.
    I used Amazon AWS earlier with 4000 IOPS disk and a lot of CPU and RAM, but still our websites were too slow to load and simple shop pages could take 7-15 seconds to generate and load in browser. They also charged us once for bandwidth we never used and told that we used around $1500 worth of bandwidth. So, we paid in full and closed the account. Amazon was having so many issues that time and their support replies our ticket in 2-3 weeks. I still cannot forget that.

Then I switched to DigitalOcean, and it was fast with SSD drives, but they always had unexpected breakdowns on their nodes which could crash any time and they just told me by email that node on which I have my server is restarted. :D And, still my website speeds were not too good. Still 2-3 seconds to load pages. Yes, we have complex pages with lot of conditions of options even when we run different kind of cache.

Then I switched to Vultr, which was really so fast than the earlier 2. They had beautiful servers. But, one day we sent out newsletter from one of their servers for our shops. And, one guy reported abuse to their staff and they closed the server. We sent them tons of emails explaining everything and got no reply from them and yes they still did not delete our other servers and they kept working.

So, we switched to Upcloud.com and shop speeds were more awesome than before because I saw first time the hdparm result of more than 12000 MB /sec. Yes the shops were very speedy. But then we always wanted to cut out the costs as they charge almost double for manually configured servers because of their stupid pricing model and they charge even for bandwidth separately and even every resource like drive and all that separately. And, their pricing was not very clear.

One day I was checking alternatives and found Hivelocity. I ordered one right away and trust me all of our staff was amazed by the speeds. May be because my infrastructure needed dedicated server all the time while I was after cloud all the time. But, as I saw the hdparm results of more than 18000, it was really good and trust me their network is also awesome and good. Ping is so fast and it can go almost 900-1200 MB/sec all the time and upload is also around 600-900 MB/sec. Awesome for me. Speeds are really awesome from my home and office to the Hivelocity network. And, no doubt their VPS servers (SparkNode.com) are also very fast.

So, I do not know what to say now. I learned all this in very hard way from my experiences.

• Understand your pain of having your time wasted. Unfortuantely, fraud in web hosting is a reality and web hosts have to protect themselves and anti-fraud systems are perfect either.

Do what I do, if you get marked incorrectly as fraud - weight up your time spent on it getting overturned or just moving onto the next web host. In 16+ years I have only me marked incorrectly as for fraud/additional id verification 2 or 3 times. Rather than waste my time (timezone differences) in dealing with it, I just move onto the next web host.

One web host took 2 weeks to overturn their fraud block on my first signup, by then I had already moved on and had not motivation to even use or even try them as I had already found alternate web hosts.

With that said one of my clients is about to sign for Hivelocity so will be interesting to experience their signup/service/support first hand as Hivelocity is on my short list of web hosts :)

• @rsharpy said:

The first line of your hdparm result is the cached operations. This means that you're basically testing RAM speed, not disk speed.

Given that you're from India, and probably testing from there as well, a provider in Tampa, Florida seems unlikely to be your best choice speed-wise (hivelocity).

And yes, you're now comparing speed on a vps to speed on a dedi. Are you surprised that having 4x as many cores (and all those cores for yourself) makes a difference? I'm not.

Just move on, it's clear they dont want your business, and at this moment this thread is starting to look like an ad in disguise, given how much you're praising the performance of the provider that you're complaining about.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@teamacc said:
    Just move on, it's clear they dont want your business, and at this moment this thread is starting to look like an ad in disguise, given how much you're praising the performance of the provider that you're complaining about.

haha

Anyone has suggestion for a provider with 32GB ECC DDR4 RAM, 4C/8T Turbo boost 3.6GHz Xeon or equal and pure SSD drives?

rsharpy said: Anyone has suggestion for a provider with 32GB ECC DDR4 RAM, 4C/8T Turbo boost 3.6GHz Xeon or equal and pure SSD drives?

@Clouvider

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@AnthonySmith said:

rsharpy said: Anyone has suggestion for a provider with 32GB ECC DDR4 RAM, 4C/8T Turbo boost 3.6GHz Xeon or equal and pure SSD drives?

@Clouvider

haha

No way. Please check previous comments on this thread.

No worries, just assumed you wanted a good quality service and good hardware, my mistake.

• @rsharpy said:

@AnthonySmith said:

@Clouvider

haha

No way. Please check previous comments on this thread.

If you can get past that, @cloudvider provides excellent performing server with even better Network. And being located in London, their servers are much closer to India then Hivelocity Servers and you should be getting a better experience with them. Give it a shot.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

info: Thank you for choosing to chat with us. An agent will be with you shortly.
    info: You are now chatting with rob.
    You: Hi Rob!
    rob:
    Hello, how are you today?

You: I am good, thanks.
    You: Please check this.
    You: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/104028/my-5-days-experience-with-hivelocity-net-sparknode-com-ordering-team
    You: Are you with me?
    rob:
    yes, I was reading your review as requested

rob:
    how may I be of assistance?

You: If you read it, you will not ask me what I need. :P
    rob:
    I did read it, but I work here so my opinion is biased

rob: you want me to give you alternatives to Hivelocity or Sparknode
    rob:
    I work here so I am not going to do that

rob:
    I hope you understand why

You: :D
    You: You still did not read it fully.
    You: If you read that forum carefully... I wrote in the middle.
    You: Now, the real story begins. As I needed 2 more VPS servers, I made one more order to try it first and guess what MaxMind marked it fraud again and like every time this time also I went to their 24/7/365 chat system and I was told again that I will have to wake up at midnight again to get this processed. Really? Are these tech support people not humans? They cannot see that I have account and services ordered already from them and I am already paying for them?
    rob: Our Sparknode system is automated, I do not have permissions to change anything in that area
    rob:
    I am in sales, our billing staff is M-F 9 AM - 5 PM EST

rob:
    they have the ability to adjust and change fraud scores, I do not have those permissions

rob:
    as to our support, they support the servers that are online, not pending orders

You: But, my friend. I already have an ACTIVE VPS there which I already bought and I am using it.
    rob:
    I understand what it is you are asking, I am telling you I am unable to make those changes

rob:
    You can open a ticket through your client portal, that would be my best suggestion

rob:
    other than that I would have to request you wait until Monday

You: So, I was wrong about midnight, I have to wait for 2 more days now as I am a fraud and a thief?
    rob:
    no one called you a thief

rob:
    this is an automated system

rob: I am sorry if it is an inconvenience
    You: Do you even understand the point? Why are you marking existing customer orders as fraud? Do we not look loyal to you already?
    You: Tell me, are you talking to a fraud?
    rob: I have explained exactly what the issue is, it is an automated system. You have something within your IP, email, country, something that is flagging the system
    rob:
    I do not have the permission base to adjust it

You: And, even when its morning there, you cannot ask someone from billing to make crucial adjustments for a "in pain" customer?
    You: Are they busy spending our money?
    rob: We offer a service, you have not spent any money with us that we have not provided you a service in return
    rob: It is Saturday, they work M-F
    rob:
    new orders can go through, but if the automated system marks them as fraud we have to await our management team

You: But, if I am moving all my 10 servers here from Upcloud.com, should I not complete the movement, and first wait for you to spend my money you already took for other servers?
    You: So, in other words you are saying that you are not willing to sell?
    You: Right?
    rob: no, no one said that
    rob:
    what I said is I have to ask you to wait

rob:
    if you are unable to wait I understand

You: And, if I started the movement already and I chose weekend to do the movement, will you OR your automated blocking system give me money for my time?
    rob:
    why would I give you money?

You: Because you wasted my time. And, you are not letting me move all of my servers to your infrastructure.
    rob:
    DId you let us know about the move prior and state you needed these services and we agreed to provide said service?

You: You should write clearly on your website that you sleep on Saturday on Sunday.
    You: YES!!!
    You: Ask Lee
    You: I told you I will need 4 VPS SERVERS.
    You: I have the chat copy.
    You: He is the one who suggested me to buy from SparkNode.com
    rob: then you can speak to Lee directly
    rob:
    [email]

You: I did not know of SparkNode.com before that.
    rob:
    please email him directly

You: And, yes he will reply me on Monday.
    rob:
    he may

You: Does it solve the point that YOU told me that you will give me 4 VPS server prior to movement?
    You: I am still loosing money.
    rob:
    I did not tell you anything sir

You: I am talking to Hivelocity here. Not you.
    rob:
    I can request we close your account and refund the money you have spent with us

You: You cannot get separated as Lee, Rob OR someone else.
    rob:
    but that would also not be done until Monday

You: Hivelocity says something its your responsibility as a whole.
    You: Are you working for yourself.
    rob: I am not, you use the word YOU
    You: Am I asking YOU to sell me the servers.
    rob:
    I am telling you what can be done, if you do not like it I am sorry

rob:
    but this is what I can tell you, honestly

rob:
    I am not going to make up something to appease you as it would not be the truth

You: Give me your personal emai.
    You: *email.
    rob: [email]
    You: Ok, as now you know the story, I will send you an email in personal, if I need to cancel the services.
    rob:
    understood

You: Thank you for your valuable time as lost my cheap time.
    You: You are like Donald Trump to me.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    No worries, just assumed you wanted a good quality service and good hardware, my mistake.

Haven't you heard? He likes to buy from providers who mark every order (and subsequent orders) as fraud, forcing him to stay up late. He does not like good quality service.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

No luck for me even after sales is online. They say that its billing team's work.
    So, either they do not want to sell me anymore OR they do not have the stock.
    I am giving up. Cannot take it anymore.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

Sorry, guys going to try Clouvider now. Lets see.

Really tired. Cannot even think now.

• rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

What is the setup time on Clouvider for Dedicated server?

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited January 2017

They seem to specify it on their site:

Might wanna read the site.

Thanked by 2rsharpy Clouvider
  • rsharpy said: No luck for me even after sales is online. They say that its billing team's work. So, either they do not want to sell me anymore OR they do not have the stock. I am giving up. Cannot take it anymore.

Honestly, I'd maybe wait as Steve's team is on point whenever I've interacted with them. This might be something they have to change going forward, but knowing the team I'm sure they will look back and make some changes to prevent something like this from happening again.

Thanked by 1rsharpy
  • rsharpyrsharpy Member
    edited January 2017

@NickPerk said:

rsharpy said: No luck for me even after sales is online. They say that its billing team's work. So, either they do not want to sell me anymore OR they do not have the stock. I am giving up. Cannot take it anymore.

Honestly, I'd maybe wait as Steve's team is on point whenever I've interacted with them. This might be something they have to change going forward, but knowing the team I'm sure they will look back and make some changes to prevent something like this from happening again.

I can sleep on that my friend. I wanted someone to boost my confidence up. :D
    Instead, of searching a new provider and making whole setup again, its better to wait till Monday. I know that sales and tech support cannot do anything if billing have told them to do so as billing support owns the company I think.

I do not smell that Clouvider is good.

Everything is smooth for me on Hivelocity.net and tech support always helps me whenever I need them. They never hang up on me. No matter what I say. They never close the chat and always wait for me. I have to close chat myself all the times.

SO, I YES I LOVE HIVELOCITY.NET AND SPARKNODE BOTH BY PERFORMANCE AND TECH SUPPORT. I think billing will also get better soon. Fingers crossed. I am going to stick with them for a long term for now.

• rsharpy said: SO, I YES I LOVE HIVELOCITY.NET AND SPARKNODE BOTH BY PERFORMANCE AND TECH SUPPORT. I think billing will also get better soon. Fingers crossed. I am going to stick with them for a long term for now.

Glad to hear! Hopefully, they will comment soon, as I know Steve checks their twitter and mentioned it to them on twitter but I know it's Gasparilla right now in Tampa, so that might delay any notifications.

Thanked by 1rsharpy
  • rsharpy said: I do not smell that Clouvider is good.

A number of providers here have servers with @Clouvider, so he's clearly doing something right. What are you basing your 'smell' assessment on?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

@op Seriously wtf are you crying about. You been told 500 times by members of this forum and even by support that it is out their hands. Plus clouvider is a really great company and this from personal expeirence as a previous customer. But why would they want to take you on as a client when all it will lead to is a big headache.

• WSSWSS Member

God forbid this dude ever knocks up a chick. I JUST CAME AND I WANT MY BABY NOWWWWW

This discussion has been closed.