Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Promo iKoula] Dedi Atom 510 DC HT 4Gb 1Tb 9.65$/Month 20 pieces
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Promo iKoula] Dedi Atom 510 DC HT 4Gb 1Tb 9.65$/Month 20 pieces

IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello guys, Atom offer is back ! 20 servers

Specifications

-Atom family processor

-4 Gb Ram

-1 Tb Sata Hd

-100 Mbps Full Duplex unmetered

Choice of OS

-None OS install through KVM

-Debian 8

-Centos 7

-Ubuntu 16.04

Price

-Price : 9.65$ excl VAT/Month

-no setup fee

Accepted methods of payments

-Paypal

-Credit cards

-Bank tranfer

Order link

https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server#promotion

Server administration

-Root

-Reboot

-Reset

-Customized reverse DNS

-Customized secondary DNS

-MX rescue

-Rescue system tools are available on https://extranet.ikoula.com

IP / Network

-Extra IPv4 is charged 2.68$ / Month (limited to five).

-Ipv6 available but not configured by default.

-You can test network at http://lg.ikoula.com/

-DRAC / KVMoIP Not incluted, a KVM can be rent for 24h.

Info

Operating since 1998, we own two datacenters in France and we are present in Germany,Netherlands, Miami and Singapore.

More info here.

Feel free to ask if you have any question.

Comments

• racksxracksx Member
    edited January 2017

Hi,

If you put 8GB's as RAM, I'm sure you will have them sold within few minutes :)

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • Ikoula said: -100 Mbps

:(

Nice offer though :)

DC location? Port speed (i.e. any faster on internal network)?

• Ikoula said: -Atom family processor

Can you be a bit more specific? Like which ones you have in stock? Or a minimum bench score?

• @Mathias said:

Atom Dual Core 510 HT

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

Mathias said:

Can you be a bit more specific? Like which ones you have in stock? Or a minimum bench score?

Thread title "Atom 510 DC" (dual core). I.e. slow (656 passmark) but this is basically a storage offer with enhanced privacy or so. Yes we all missed or foolishly resisted the online.net promo ;).

• If you put 8GB's as RAM, I'm sure you will have them sold within few minutes

applaud

• @qq7119 said:

:( the CPU is limited to 4GB :( it cannot handle 8GB

• The Crazy Fish and IKX i3 offers on that page are both more attractive than the Atom in some ways.

• @willie said:
    The Crazy Fish and IKX i3 offers on that page are both more attractive than the Atom in some ways.

Remember the prices are discounted for a max of 3 months - Crazy Fish goes back up to €30 after 3 months.

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

Nekki said: Remember the prices are discounted for a max of 3 months - Crazy Fish goes back up to €30 after 3 months.

It doesn't look that way for these promos -- here's the order page:

screen shot

(From here, scroll way down: https://order.ikoula.com/plans.php )

• @willie said:

Nekki said: Remember the prices are discounted for a max of 3 months - Crazy Fish goes back up to €30 after 3 months.

It doesn't look that way for these promos -- here's the order page:

screen shot

(From here, scroll way down: https://order.ikoula.com/plans.php )

I can't even see any dedicated servers on that link.

In the mobile view, the limited-time discounts are very obvious.

• Search downward for crazy fish.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

@Nekki @willie Nope the price shown for Crazy Fish and Green fish servers are final price.

The reason is those servers are in limited quantity.

Tip: there is no promo code to use for those servers.

• @Ikoula can you put up something like that with larger hdds? Like 4TB is where it gets interesting, assuming the cost bump is similar to that with the NAS servers.

@willie yes sure, but if it is just for one person you may need to contact [email protected] to get it.

• @willie said:
    Search downward for crazy fish.

Not there in your link, there's barely anything in the page, I rink the site is a bit mad. I can see it on that promo page though.

@willie said:
    @Ikoula can you put up something like that with larger hdds? Like 4TB is where it gets interesting, assuming the cost bump is similar to that with the NAS servers.

I'd also be interested in bigger storage, 2TB is really at the bottom-end of my requirements.

• https://order.ikoula.com/plans.php loads in a bunch of ajax or something in the background. Maybe it's too wacky for your mobile browser. I wonder what happened to plain html. Anyway, you might try with a full sized browser when you get a chance.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited January 2017

i had one pretty similar for almost a year and 100% uptime. works great.

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • is the IKX-Core i5 server offer on your site for €17.99 is max for 3 month?

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

Ikoula said: @willie yes sure, but if it is just for one person you may need to contact [email protected] to get it.

I'm sure it would be a popular offering if you can make the math work. The 4TB drives on the NAS might be getting subsidized some by the higher margin on the NAS server itself.

@Kodis nope 17.99 is the final price.

@willie i don't get it, can you rephrase please ?

• williewillie Member
    edited January 2017

@ikoula, if you look at your Synology servers,

https://express.ikoula.com/fr/serveur-dedie#synology

A 4TB disk costs 7 euro more per month than a 2TB disk.

You've got a nice 15 euro server called the Crazyfish, which has a 2TB disk. I'm saying if you could build the Crazyfish with a 4TB disk instead, and rent it for 22 euro, that would be popular. Or the cheaper but slower Atom server with 4TB instead of 1TB might be around 18 euro. Tthat would be popular too.

But I don't know if the above is feasible in general. 12 euro/month for a 4TB disk is aggressive pricing. It's almost a full year to pay it off, which is long in the hosting industry.

Can you fit 2 drives into these machines?

edited January 2017

That's interesting i need to check parts/compatibility/prices and i get back to you.

• bought IKX-Core i5 will see the quality :)

Thanked by 1Ikoula

@willie adding 4TB technically it's no big deal but price would not be +7€ so i prefer tell you we have heard you and we will think about it in our next offer.

Then i'd like to ask you and everyone following this thread : how much are you ready to pay for a green fish or a crazy fish with 4TB storage space ?

• Ikoula said: how much are you ready to pay for a green fish or a crazy fish with 4TB storage space ?

I'd have to say, for crazy fish, not too much more than the 22 EUR mentioned. An i7-2600 with 2x 3TB and 16GB ram is around 25 EUR at the Hetzner auction. Green Fish would have to be less of course. Both of them would be more interesting with multiple drives.

The 100 mbit network speed is also a limitation. Is that the actual port speed, or just a cap on internet transfer speed? That is, can multiple servers inside Ikoula communicate at 1gbps or faster over a local network?
    That would be a bit interesting, to combine several cheap 4TB servers into a bigger storage system.

• @Ikoula said:
    @willie adding 4TB technically it's no big deal but price would not be +7€ so i prefer tell you we have heard you and we will think about it in our next offer.

Then i'd like to ask you and everyone following this thread : how much are you ready to pay for a green fish or a crazy fish with 4TB storage space ?

Am at 20 euro/month for an online.net box with 2x2TB storage and an e3 1231v3 with 32gb ram.

That was one hell of a deal, but it's a ballpark value.

• teamacc said: Am at 20 euro/month for an online.net box with 2x2TB storage and an e3 1231v3 with 32gb ram.

Well to be fair Online never made an offer like that. The offer was 2x1TB and some of the boxes were delivered with 2x2TB. Lucky bastids :). Hetzner currently has E3-1245 with 16gb ram, ECC, and 2x3TB enterprise drives, and Intel NIC for 26.24 euro or (faster) E3-1245v2 for a couple euro more, plus i7's at a little less. I have a i7-3770 but would get the 1245v2 if I were doing it now. You do have to pay a bit more for 32GB boxes these days.

I'm a bit remorseful about the Online box since its only advantage is 32GB ram and I don't really need that, and anyway my i7 already has it in case I want to run something that uses it. But I'm doing some stuff with the Online box now and can hang onto it a month w/o problems.

Thanks for the comments.

@willie Offering more than 100mbits is something we are still working on.

When it is requested we add network cards and plug two servers directly, if there is more servers a dedicated switch can be rented.

• Buying crazy fish and waiting to get delivered
    :D

Thanked by 1Ikoula