Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PioHost.co.uk VPS Offline
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PioHost.co.uk VPS Offline

LET,

I bought a VPS from Aaran (PioHost.co.uk) about 8 days ago which is now unexpectedly offline.

Does anyone else have a service offline with them?

I did not receive a notification about this outage so just wondering.

Thanks a lot.

PioHost
  1. Do you think they are a reliable company?26 votes
    1. Yes
      30.77%
    2. No
      69.23%

Comments

• Welcome to the support area of all those hosting companies around the internet.

you will receive the best from us.

• Have you contacted us via our support tickets ?

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR
  • PioHostPioHost Member
    edited January 2017

Well i can confirm all our services are active with no downtime what so ever, we have 0 tickets needing answering either and out live chat is also online so if you have a problem why have you not contacted our support if you are happy to then please give me your name and server ip in pm and i will personally check your account.

• Always best to contact LET support before actually contacting the host. So you can get lots of useless replies here, while you could have get real replies directly from the host.

Thanked by 2dedicados tmwc
  • Strange coincidence.

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • Id like too say one thing here, none of our services are down and i can confirm this to anyone who wants to know, if my suspicion is correct the OP server was terminated after we were contacted by MaxMind informing us that the transaction is fraud.

if this is not the case then @tnkr please provide proof that you are a current customer with us and that your vps is not working

• My KVM with them is online and working fine.

Thanked by 1PioHost
  • putStrLn said: Strange coincidence.

Yep, I believe this time it's all about https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2040345/#Comment_2040345 and nothing more.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@piohost said:
    Id like too say one thing here, none of our services are down and i can confirm this to anyone who wants to know, if my suspicion is correct the OP server was terminated after we were contacted by MaxMind informing us that the transaction is fraud.

if this is not the case then @tnkr please provide proof that you are a current customer with us and that your vps is not working

Let's make it clear. Have you terminated an account because Maxmind and not your merchant account provider, told you the transaction might be a fraud ?

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @Clouvider said:

@piohost said:
    Id like too say one thing here, none of our services are down and i can confirm this to anyone who wants to know, if my suspicion is correct the OP server was terminated after we were contacted by MaxMind informing us that the transaction is fraud.

Let's make it clear. Have you terminated an account because Maxmind and not your merchant account provider, told you the transaction might be a fraud ?

Ok i cant confirm that this is the client in question as they have yet to contact me, however today i have personally terminated only one account and this said account was suspended for suspected fraud, and told to contact support to which they did do, however the last staff response on that ticket was Posted on Wednesday 18th January at 13:03 and since then they have not made any attempt to prove to us that they are the account holder and we terminated the account because of this. And @clouvider our suspension was based on the report from maxmind after they informed us the same user had made multiple purchases from the same IP and PayPal email using multiple different contact details.

• Amateur host. I should have known better.

• @tnkr said:
    Amateur host. I should have known better.

Are you going to provide proof of purchase ?

edited January 2017

@piohost said:

@Clouvider said:

@piohost said:

Ok i cant confirm that this is the client in question as they have yet to contact me, however today i have personally terminated only one account and this said account was suspended for suspected fraud, and told to contact support to which they did do, however the last staff response on that ticket was Posted on Wednesday 18th January at 13:03 and since then they have not made any attempt to prove to us that they are the account holder and we terminated the account because of this. And @clouvider our suspension was based on the report from maxmind after they informed us the same user had made multiple purchases from the same IP and PayPal email using multiple different contact details.

So you did terminated the service basing on a report from a reputation provider that might not have been an actual fraud?

That's not only unprofessional and poor customer service, but also opens you to a serious liability as the action was potentially neglectful so your TOS limitations likely do not apply.

• And the fight begins....

• @cloudvider if this is the said client then no not just based on maxmind report, there was mismatched details on there paypal account and a charge back so i terminated the account today and issued a refund.

• @tnkr said:
    Amateur host. I should have known better.

So you have the terminated VPS he is talking about?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • WSSWSS Member

Came to see the tail end, stayed to read through the shitstorm. Yowza. I don't know if @piohost intended be so acerbic towards others, but DAMN!

edited January 2017

@piohost said:
    @cloudvider if this is the said client then no not just based on maxmind report, there was mismatched details on there paypal account and a charge back so i terminated the account today and issued a refund.

That's the first you're mentioning the chargeback, and as such I feel that you decided to add it now in response to the criticism received.

• "wabled" turns into "piohosted"

Thanked by 2geekalot cassa
  • @clouvider, Like i said i cant confirm anything as the OP will not confirm any purchase, feel free to defend him if he proves we terminated his account but untill then i don't see why your commenting other then out of hate from a previous comment i made

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@piohost said:
    @clouvider, Like i said i cant confirm anything as the OP will not confirm any purchase, feel free to defend him if he proves we terminated his account but untill then i don't see why your commenting other then out of hate from a previous comment i made

You actually suggested that it might be him.

• Thanked by 1PioHost
  • @nik said:

@piohost said:
    @clouvider, Like i said i cant confirm anything as the OP will not confirm any purchase, feel free to defend him if he proves we terminated his account but untill then i don't see why your commenting other then out of hate from a previous comment i made

yes i suggested but until he confirm he has service i just feel like people are picking a argument for something that someone cant prove.

Thanked by 1ucxo
  • WSSWSS Member

Thanked by 4Ympker nagug tmwc cassa
  • @piohost said:

@nik said:

@piohost said:

yes i suggested but until he confirm he has service i just feel like people are picking a argument for something that someone cant prove.

welcome to let

Thanked by 4WSS PioHost tmwc cassa
  • A bit late, however I have service with @piohost. No outage, No issues what so ever. Online chat feature is really awesome.

Thanked by 1PioHost
  • @quick aha yes i have seen it on here before, Anyway the OP is more then welcome to post proof to any one here :)

• @proxima said:
    A bit late, however I have service with @piohost. No outage, No issues what so ever. Online chat feature is really awesome.

Thanks man :)

This discussion has been closed.