Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LetBox VPS down again, without any email/notification - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LetBox VPS down again, without any email/notification

13»

Comments

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

I've used Cachet before and can say it's definitely great since it's free, plus it's simple and beautiful. Didn't need to do what I wanted though, but doesn't hurt to try it out yourself.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ok, now i cannot access my product & detail in the website. it appear blank page. i mean the product's detail where i can see available ram, hdd space, bandwidth and access the console. what is going on, @key900? ;)

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

@cybersans said:
    ok, now i cannot access my product & detail in the website. it appear blank page. i mean the product's detail where i can see available ram, hdd space, bandwidth and access the console. what is going on, @key900? ;)

A simple ticket will be appreciate, there is small bug with Manage module to assign IPSv4 we fix it. it only take 5 minutes.

Thanks

• I am a Letbox customer, and I don't think Twitter is sufficient for notifying about outages. I had never ever heard of the concept before reading this thread. A webpage would be fine. And it probably should be hosted separately! Cachet sounds very good.

• HyperFilter_OfficialHyperFilter_Official Member, Patron Provider

@pepa65 said:
    I am a Letbox customer, and I don't think Twitter is sufficient for notifying about outages. I had never ever heard of the concept before reading this thread. A webpage would be fine. And it probably should be hosted separately! Cachet sounds very good.

You're right, but when everything else fail, offsite solutions as using twitter or facebook can be of some help hehe. :)

Thanked by 1pepa65
  • tmwctmwc Member
    edited January 2017

My suggestion for @key900 -

• Host a status page outside of your network; another DC, location doesn't matter.
    • Use Cachet for it
    • You might want to use a seperate CDN for that also, I'd recommend Netlify (due to free SSL, CI when used with GitHub/BitBucket/a other one I can't remember.) or even Cloudflare.
    • Hook up the status page to your Twitter, so that even if they don't want to visit the status page, they can check your Twitter and see there's something off at the moment.
    Thanked by 1letbox
  • solutions as using twitter or facebook can be of some help

If using the cloud, Facebook would be more useful to me. Twitter is too ephemeral to me, I don't use it.

• i prefer sending "ticket" via this forum rather than your own ticket system since here i will get much faster response rather than your own ticket system ;)

@key900 said:

@cybersans said:
    ok, now i cannot access my product & detail in the website. it appear blank page. i mean the product's detail where i can see available ram, hdd space, bandwidth and access the console. what is going on, @key900? ;)

A simple ticket will be appreciate, there is small bug with Manage module to assign IPSv4 we fix it. it only take 5 minutes.

Thanks

@cybersans said:
    i prefer sending "ticket" via this forum rather than your own ticket system since here i will get much faster response rather than your own ticket system ;)

@key900 said:

@cybersans said:

Thanks

Oh really? How so? Do you have any ticket not responded?!

• @key900
    i didn't said NOT RESPONDED, i said you are RESPONDING VERY LATE. please differentiate that. anyway, today my outbound access is down, i cannot connect outside via console and i cannot connect inside from ssh. what is going on???

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep

Seriously are you going to come here and cry everytime there is a problem? Really that is what their helpdesk is for.

• cybersans said: i didn't said NOT RESPONDED, i said you are RESPONDING VERY LATE.

Cybersans,

1) Did you put in a ticket?

2) What was the ticket's timestamp (y/m/d h:m:s) ?

3) Did you get a response?

4) What was the response's timestamp (y/m/d h:m:s) ?

Thanks.

• Indeed they are not that fast on the ticket response, I would say below average among the lowend providers I have met.
    I always needed to pop up the ticket twice to get a simple request/question sorted out.
    But nonetheless, you get what you've paid.
    I can't say they are bad, but if you want to host something serious, maybe they are not the best choice.

@ayukas said:
    Indeed they are not that fast on the ticket response, I would say below average among the lowend providers I have met.
    I always needed to pop up the ticket twice to get a simple request/question sorted out.
    But nonetheless, you get what you've paid.
    I can't say they are bad, but if you want to host something serious, maybe they are not the best choice.

All emergency ticket respond in a hour if not Immediate.
    Please don't submit sales questions ticket to support sometimes people got confused and do that. Our sales team have business hours.

Thanks you.

edited February 2017

@cybersans said:
    @key900
    i didn't said NOT RESPONDED, i said you are RESPONDING VERY LATE. please differentiate that. anyway, today my outbound access is down, i cannot connect outside via console and i cannot connect inside from ssh. what is going on???

We don't have any outage issue since. Please submit ticket and give us a time to checking your password this can't be done Immediate. We have to figured you hacked or something. It's your password your Responsibility please always keep it in safe.

Thanks

• Wait, this ticket was about someone losing their own password? Sheesh.

• Everything letbox.com is down today.