Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hostsolutions.ro servers and website is down - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hostsolutions.ro servers and website is down

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

I'm not sure- should I feel flattered, or raped?

• @WSS said:
    I'm not sure- should I feel flattered, or raped?

I'd suggest BOTH.

• WSSWSS Member

teehee

• still unaccessable

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

bsdguy said: I'm an adult

PLOT TWIST.

• bsdguybsdguy Member
    edited January 2017

@louisbblaum said:
    still unaccessable

Yes and no. I currently work on my VPS and it works albeit occasionally slow. My impression is that there are routing problems in the backend. From how I know cociu I assume he's already pushing the upstream providers.

@raindog308 said:

bsdguy said: I'm an adult

PLOT TWIST.

Congratulations. You seem to have achieved some mastership in the art of picking out pieces and turning them any way you want.
    Shouldn't you as a moderator set a good example of not offending? Shouldn't you positively note that I made no fuzz? I came because there was a problem and I could offer a little piece of insight/information. When I was asked I answered honestly and straight but peacefully, politely, and friendly, yet you insult me (questioning me being an adult).

Will you now self-ban for 24 hrs for offending me? (Don't worry, I'm not planning on heating this up).

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • Justin417Justin417 Member, Host Rep

My VMs down completely, no ping at all. Hope this gets resolved :(

• @Justin417 said:
    My VMs down completely, no ping at all. Hope this gets resolved :(

Strange. As I said, looks like backend route(r) problem. I'm currently in an SSH session there. Can also reach my website, albeit quite slow at times.

• my vps get down too,

where @cociu ?

• @cociu can't answer because he was banned.

If you have VPN available you might want to try some different routes. I did some tests and saw quite different results depending on from were I tried.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2017

It seems that cociu has moved the site to CF now, so it's probably a DDoS attack (?)

Thanked by 2willie vimalware
  • godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

Well.. from what i can see hostsolutions network is on RDS ?! RDS is a big (residential) provider here in Romania, however RDS has and do not offer any type of DDoS protection / Packet filtering so the end user (in this case cociu) should protect himself for this kind of attacks. To do so @cociu will need some 20K+ hardware. We already tested RDS in the past and i can say that a 1 Gb bandwidth connection will go down with a little 100 Mbps SYN flood.

• Fyi: From what I know @cociu has multiple backends, 2 or 3 and rds is at DeCix iirc.

Oh and: NO hardware saves you from a DDOS. Simple reason: If the DDOS enters your network it doesn't matter anymore what funny hardware you have

• @godtor, RDS offers to Business contracts DDOS Protection up to 80.000PPS, and their DDOS Solution isn't that best, the protection also get's active after a huge amount of PPS which is also stupid as a protection, but we had friends who used it in the past and they were happy with it, the best for @cociu is to take a link with GTS Telecom and filter the attacks to GTS link, but that won't be cheap.

• I guess cockiu hit a roadblock with his new dildo business.

Thanked by 3Four20 tmwc doghouch
  • godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

@racksx said:
    @godtor, RDS offers to Business contracts DDOS Protection up to 80.000PPS, and their DDOS Solution isn't that best, the protection also get's active after a huge amount of PPS which is also stupid as a protection, but we had friends who used it in the past and they were happy with it, the best for @cociu is to take a link with GTS Telecom and filter the attacks to GTS link, but that won't be cheap.

Well, this is new to me, if RDS really offers DDoS Protection now good for them, however this not seem to help cociu.

GTS Telecom has good DDoS Protetion but as you say, they are not cheap :) Clearly the best solution for him will be to change that ISP.

• AndreixAndreix Member, Host Rep

@godtor said
    Clearly the best solution for him will be to change that ISP.

And lose all those (almost) free IPs he got from RDS ? Nah!

• @Andreix said:

@godtor said

Cool. Please provide a link to the "almost free" RDS IPs! I'll take care of the BGP magic then.

• My vps was down for 1h 9m yesterday, now it's up

@bsdguy said:

@Andreix said:

@godtor said

Cool. Please provide a link to the "almost free" RDS IPs! I'll take care of the BGP magic then.

RDS makes block allocation to business customers. We had few /24 with them in past.

• @Andreix, is not about the free IPs, is to configure your equipment's to handle to DDoS attacks to the proper upstream when you receive them, but for that, you need to know what you are doing.

• @Andreix give us a best offer for ro locations.

• WSSWSS Member

@varunchopra said:
    I guess cockiu hit a roadblock with his new dildo business.

Nah, he's just toying around with that in the first place. He did mention that the needs are flexible, but still rather stiff. Who knows, it may come around..

Thanked by 2varunchopra Yura

@mtsbatalha said:
    @Andreix give us a best offer for ro locations.

Hello there,

We don't have in plan to compete against ciocu's offers.

Thank you.

• maybe he is pissed off all of you for being blocked, and he is disconnectiong cables.

who knows..

Thanked by 1racksx
  • WHTWHT Member

@Andreix said:

@mtsbatalha said:
    @Andreix give us a best offer for ro locations.

Hello there,

We don't have in plan to compete against ciocu's offers.

Thank you.

Great answer! Respect.

Thanked by 1racksx
  • All Romanian providers locks all external traffic when they get ddos, rds is a company with a very large Internet capacity inside the country but with focus only for normal consumer, you can get like 1mbps guarantee if you are a company which is pretty bad, lots of providers/hosters are using other companies for their hosting, like euroWeb,mediasat or others who focus on external connection.

• Interesting. When I wrote someone that I consider him worthless I got banned for "24 hrs". But this

@varunchopra said: I guess cockiu hit a roadblock with his new dildo business.

seems to be no problem. I intentionally waited before reacting because I wanted to be fair; after all even the best moderator/admin can't see everything right away.
    But no, the problem wasn't reaction time. The problem is that @cociu seems to be fair game now.
    Insult him him if you like and be sure that the same moderators who are super-sensitive with others (like their pals) don't give a damn.

Hey! That guy is a colleague and he seems to be under a rather massive attack. At the very minimum don't throw stones at him in that situation and with him not even having a chance to respond to the dirt thrown at him.

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:
    Interesting. When I wrote someone that I consider him worthless I got banned for "24 hrs". But this

@varunchopra said: I guess cockiu hit a roadblock with his new dildo business.

seems to be no problem.

He literally posted a screenshot full of dildos. Why the hell does this have to be perceived as moderator abuse, or lack of attention? The dude posted a screenshot of many, many dildos.

• He will be unbanned in approximately 5-6 days.

This discussion has been closed.