Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hudson Valley Host - Closing Lithuania Location - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hudson Valley Host - Closing Lithuania Location

2»

Comments

• @Kris Ya as I said, I think they are trying to get rid of the competition so they can set their own (higher) prices. In the end I may have no choice bu to pay more. HVH was one of the only companies offering a decent price for VPS there that I know of.

Cheers!

• KrisKris Member
    edited May 2013

@TheLinuxBug said: HVH was one of the only companies offering a decent price for VPS there that I know of.

I understand, I chose that location for HVH.

It's possible after the latest /26 was issued, they couldn't issue more IPs, but I don't think Baltic Servers literally threw them out. Cost cutting would be my guess.

• Not low end, but if you want their network / location - They do offer VPS servers.

They run specials on WHT so you can usually get them for much cheaper than the website price. The two I have were 90% off for 6 months and then 50% lifetime recurring after the first 6 months.

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2013

I bet they did, and they have the right to do so. I often find the staff @ Balticservers rude, and just generally couldn't give less of a toss about you.

@Kris said: I don't think Baltic Servers literally threw them out

• KrisKris Member
    edited May 2013

@Jacob said: I often find the staff @ Balticservers rude, and just generally couldn't give less of a toss about you.

Post-soviet territory, un-managed servers. Don't expect to get your hand held. Their support used to be sub-par, but has improved since they've implemented their new web portal. Granted, they aren't LiquidWeb.

I seem to remember the /26 was RIPE issued directly to HVH's name. I'll bet the issue was more 'we won't issue you more IPs' than the /26 + what they had already.

They have the right to do so in terms of asking them to leave, but I really doubt this is the case with all the consolidation at HVH lately.

All Florida / Shared Nodes / everything from the main site to SolusVM has been migrated to CC Buffalo.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited May 2013

@Kris said: Not low end, but if you want their network / location - They do offer VPS servers.

There need to be said that Balticservers people are strictly against TUN/TAP activation so their VPS clients can forgert about OpenVPN, IPv6 tunneling...

16:41Andrius ***: TUN/TAP dissabled by default and will not be enabled

16:41Andrius ***: sorry for that
    16:41Me : so this option isn't even available?
    16:41Andrius ***: yes