Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS, Unprofessional support, Not resolving problems - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS, Unprofessional support, Not resolving problems

2»

Comments

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

Why people still, after all the negative reviews, use chicagovps and come on LET to whine is beyond me ...

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    Amateurs through and through, solution: use another host.

I agree.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited January 2017

Colocrossing is not so bad nowadays. This can be seen by the number of threads about issues in their platform, compared with the past. Should mention that they don't have just 3-4 virtualized servers with just a couple of hundred clients, but they are really bigger company than a lot of hosting providers advertising in LET.
    The only negative thing is that maybe that OP received better confrontation after opening a thread here, although @Nick said in his first post that the issue had already being fixed according with OP's ticket with the extra 3 months to it.
    As of ip mixups, don't tell me that there is no possibility, when handling with 1000's of servers, not to make a mistake or face a solus malfunction to a couple of cases! This does not make them look unprofessional, even if their level 1 techs that responds at first in tickets, should have handled better the situation raising quickly the issue to a more experienced tech.
    And I am glad to see that they are taking measures for those who spamming from their network nullrooting the services, trying to clean up their network.

Disclaimer:
    (I am not affiliated in any way with CC nor do I have atm any services with them or with a connected provider. I had a couple of vps from CVPS back in 2013-2014 that I abandoned because of finding better deals). A friend of mine does have a hudsonvalley vps that I am managing for him and it is really good.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

jvnadr said: face a solus malfunction to a couple of cases

If this does not hit you at least daily, that is when you know you are still a small host :)

Thanked by 2jvnadr Nick
  • Move - they are a dreadful provider, and most people here that have had dealings with them will never go near them again.

• jvnadr said: As of ip mixups, don't tell me that there is no possibility, when handling with 1000's of servers, not to make a mistake or face a solus malfunction to a couple of cases!

You are right and is acceptable, however they should have some kind of escalation policies for when the client is still complaining for something that needs further investigation instead of blaming said customer by others actions. Just saying

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • rivermigue said: they should have some kind of escalation policies for when the client is still complaining for something that needs further investigation instead of blaming said customer by others actions

I agree

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • @jvnadr said:

rivermigue said: they should have some kind of escalation policies for when the client is still complaining for something that needs further investigation instead of blaming said customer by others actions

I agree

Isn't that what LET is for? :P

Thanked by 2Hxxx jvnadr
  • @ATHK i know you are been ironic, but honestly, yes it works. You want direct and quick support, you just open a thread here. Instant priority support from @Nick . Try their ticket system, nobody gives a fuck there. "Got a server down for hardware? Fuck you son, wait a few days."

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • ATHK said: Isn't that what LET is for? :P

In fact, if you think CC owns this website, it is much appropriate to say, "yes, this is LET for"! :-)

Thanked by 1ATHK