Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's the website's theme that makes me want to buy from providers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's the website's theme that makes me want to buy from providers

13»

Comments

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

If it doesn't work on the iPhone it is a bit of a turn off. I like to be able to manage my vps and billing in my downtime or when I'm en route somewhere.

• eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited May 2013

@mnpeep said: You gotta fill it with something ;)

Some other pages looks quite empty and incomplete, or have placeholder text, still a "work in progress"?
    http://www.maxshosting.com/Data Centres/index.html
    http://www.maxshosting.com/Network/index.html
    (and the footer links)
    etc.

Edit: just wanted to mention, I really do like the site :)

• @RobertClarke said: It won't affect the service for sure, but it might be the tipping factor which leads to customer sales.

It's sarcasm :/

• NexusNexus Member
    edited May 2013

It just depends for me.

For instance, hostigation site looks extremely basic, but when reading the owners posts on L.E.T, you get a whole different story and would purchase from them ;)

Guess it just depends, because I know for a fact if I just viewed that site and never looked up reviews, I would never, ever purchase from them. But after finding out how hostigation's admin is very active on L.E.T and has been posted and has good reviews, their site doesn't mean jack squat now :D

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

Hostigation's site is a joke. It is the only reason I have not ordered from them.

• lbftlbft Member

@shovenose said: Hostigation's site is a joke. It is the only reason I have not ordered from them.

I have to apologise to @miTgiB, clearly the zombie does its job well.

• We're also moving away from the RackHost theme. It served us well for 1 year, but now it's time to get something custom made.

Have a look here (it's the first draft) http://cl.ly/Oqgi and let me know what you think :)

@George_Fusioned hehe we're just launching something on RackHost

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@lbft said: clearly the zombie does its job well.

He keeps many a crazy out

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2013

Tim here is the exception to my rule. The man takes pride in his work and has no concern for marketing presentation. I find him a rarity though.

but he makes a lot of sense, not that stupid thing on the home page.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@shovenose said: not that stupid thing on the home page.

If you are this concerned about an image on a website and fail to give anyone a try for their service, are you a worthy customer to try to please?

yes because i barely use my service lol

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@shovenose said: yes because i barely use my service lol

Well, the thousands of clients who are happy with my service disagree with you. The Zombie does his best warding off Murphy and the riff raff

a customer that buys a vps, runs a benchmark, then gets bored and never uses it again? sure, he totally doesn't want that kind of customer... come on you're kidding me right?

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@shovenose said: we're just launching something on RackHost

The very definition of a summer host.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@shovenose said: sure, he totally doesn't want that kind of customer...

Actually no, I don't want that kind of customer, I prefer customers that have a need that I can fill and will stay with me for as long as I can fill that need. How many here can say they have customers they acquired in the 90's? I have a few that were with me when I ran a dialup ISP in the 90's and are still with me today.

• 24khost24khost Member
    edited May 2013

I would rather have a steady happy customer base than people who use me for a month and leave. I have one customer with 8 vps's and I am really glad he is a customer. He doesn't have the most expensive plan,but he is probably one of my best customers.

• bigcatbigcat Member

@George_Fusioned said: and let me know what you think

Nice color and font. This is quite 'unique' layout and easily differentiate you from other provider...but still, I prefer plan&pricing on first page rather than marketing buzzword :)

• JacobJacob Member
    edited May 2013

any love for our site?

cough Say yes, and I'll send you a free t-shirt. cough

• bigcatbigcat Member

@Jacob said: any love for our site?

Yes, now please send free t-shirt to me in Palestine...
    joking aside, EaseVPS site is OK but not outstanding. Maybe you can put some color on the 'Why choose our VPS hosting service?' icon.

• IvanIvan Member

@Jacob EaseVPS is nice, simple and just works. Pretty good colour choice too I guess.

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

@jarland said: I don't know where that is but I assure you that if you point me to it I will kill it with fire :P

I think @badabumbum is talking about the girl on the bucket. I guess she is kinda in a yoga pose, but she is holding a laptop. I guess you can play minecraft and yoga at the same time.

Thanked by 1natestamm
  • JacobJacob Member

Sure, if you pay for the postage!

@bigcat said: please send free t-shirt to me in Palestine...

• @RobertClarke said: @sdotsen said: You guys seen bigscoots.com?

Pretty nice, although there's a lot going on on the homepage.

It is difficult to have a mascot and personalities the likes of ours without having a whole lot going on our front page :S

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member

@Jacob your site is good, really. I like it simple and clean.
    another favorite of mine is http://www.liquidweb.com

• PatrickPatrick Member

@George_Fusioned said: Have a look here (it's the first draft) http://cl.ly/Oqgi and let me know what you think :)

Hot!

• anyNodeanyNode Member, Host Rep

@skirtTight said:
    I just fell in love with anynode.

We just fell in love with you too!