Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cloudshards.com - WHMCS / Hosting offline - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cloudshards.com - WHMCS / Hosting offline

13»

Comments

• @AnthonySmith said:

PremiumN said: You were very much convinced that they couldn't pay their bills without proper evidence.

I am still convinced, the absence of a smoking gun and any effective communication will only ever lead to assumptions based in what is known, and that is why I am convinced, give it a few months.

I did not start the financial issues theme here, I did suspect it before anyone mentioned it though, I know more than is in this thread from a few independent sources, information gathered over a number of months not just the past 48 hours.

If on the other hand you chose to believe that 2 independent fiber modules along with 2 other issues struck simultaneously and they had good reason for such poor communication and not even acknowledging the issue for 4 hours with their entire infrastructure down, then fair enough.

I would encourage everyone to make up their own minds and act accordingly.

side note: I have not been on IRC for about 2 years now, its a distraction at best.

The point being, what evidence have you gathered.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

AlyssaD said: The point being, what evidence have you gathered.

I think the post you quoted expresses my opinion on the situation fine thanks.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

RFO: https://puu.sh/tqniQ/c1b73f88bf.pdf

So, in resume, they didn't monitor their fiber link, got a redundant router to fail.....
    I think they should buy a lottery ticket with such bad luck, who know's! ;)

• @josephb said:
    Bit of a worry given these guys also provide connectivity for @dediserve in Sydney.

They had a terrible run in Sydney during 2015 / early 2016, but a lot better the last 9 months of 2016.

I didn't have much luck early 2016, they claimed to have more than one route but we're still singled homed for at least 2 months after being called out.

They flat out denied it even though the evidence was clear.. like Anthony said, Amateurs....

• @davidgestiondbi said:
    RFO: https://puu.sh/tqniQ/c1b73f88bf.pdf

So, in resume, they didn't monitor their fiber link, got a redundant router to fail.....
    I think they should buy a lottery ticket with such bad luck, who know's! ;)

Exactly. And I love how they throw in the bit about making sure to buy the two switches from two different batches next time so they won't fail at the same time. Even if you bought two pieces of hardware with consecutive serial numbers the odds of them both failing at exactly the same time are infinitesimal. Spoon feeding us a line like that makes my blood boil.

I personally will make future efforts to steer people away from Query Foundry (and the seemingly large number of brands they're operating) to ensure that no one else has to deal with the crap I've been through the last few days.

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • GameBeatDotNet said: no one else has to deal with the crap

I'm pretty sure I'm under a couple of their brands. Having a list would save people a lot of toil.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@ricardo said:

GameBeatDotNet said: no one else has to deal with the crap

I'm pretty sure I'm under a couple of their brands. Having a list would save people a lot of toil.

They've always come off as being on the up-n-up with things so I'd assume if you were under their brands you would know. They never came off colocrossy in the matter.

Anyway, that RFO is the definition of a clusterfuck. Talk about not catching a break.

Francisco

Thanked by 1Nick
  • ricardoricardo Member
    edited January 2017

Yeah, I don't think they hide it but at the same time there's not a list to say A, B and C are the same people.

e.g. I use fliphost and cloud shards. ssdvirt were also hosted on them.

FWIW they've all been fine up til now. Personally, I don't look too deeply into the hosting provider's past because of the way I need/use containers, but others may want to be more diligent.

For me I'll take more care in ensuring the risk is spread out more across different 'providers'. There's a benefit to me of them appearing different publicly, but of course on the real-word level, I don't want too many eggs in one basket.

• maverickpmaverickp Member
    edited January 2017

nvm

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited January 2017

AlyssaD said: The point being, what evidence have you gathered.

edit: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/103719/cloudshards-closure-notice