Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cloudshards.com - WHMCS / Hosting offline
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cloudshards.com - WHMCS / Hosting offline

Anyone experiencing issues lately? I have VPS and shared hosting with them. Their site is offline, shared hosting server/cpanel is offline. VPS seems to be OK though.

Comments

• Query Foundry, fliphost, etc are all down as well. Been down since 12:45 cst.

Thanked by 2ricardo Asim
  • bizzardbizzard Member
    edited January 2017

My dedicated server with them under getdedi and is down too. Had multiple tickets open for around 5 days without any response. Wonder what happened.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • So your server is down from 5 days? @bizzard

• Any updates for us @concerto49

• @asim No. Server went down today only, almost 11 hours ago.

There was issues few weeks back, which took more than a week to sort out and I thought it was because of the holidays. Usually ticket response time was fine, but from last month, its very slow and all the responses are from the same person which keeps me worried.

• They are posting updates on Twitter. Seems to affect only Dallas.

DFW Update 1: Switch fabric module failure in one of our core routers is responsible for the outage. We're working to replace w/ vendor.

Thanked by 1willie
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

bizzard said: DFW Update 1: Switch fabric module failure in one of our core routers is responsible for the outage. We're working to replace w/ vendor.

8 hours later they put out an update?

Cloudshards have gone to shit in the last few years and seem to constantly reach new lows all the time.

LES Dallas is with them, last issue it took them a week to replace a failed drive and usually at least 48 hours to reply.

I think it is time for LES dallas to exit stage right.

Thanked by 2Asim GCat
    edited January 2017

bizzard said: They are posting updates on Twitter. Seems to affect only Dallas.

Link to their twitter as this has no such info: https://twitter.com/cloudshards

edit: never mind, found it:

12 hours to replace this and allowing it to keep literally everything down stinks of amateur.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • Only 15 hours. How about that badass redundancy!

• I thought I was the only one finding their response time very poor (taking days to respond) and now this. Unbelievable!

• If only Dallas is affected, why are we not able to contact them at all? Why are the other location(s) not up we are able to get at least information from there? If this is handled in the way they handle my tickets, don't hold your breath as to when this service will be available again. Very frustrating !

edited January 2017

Ranger said: If only Dallas is affected, why are we not able to contact them at all?

Because either they are shit or going bust, if they are shit they will be going bust sooner or later as they are not so competitive on price either now.

Time to move on.

Thanked by 1Asim
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

Ranger said: If only Dallas is affected, why are we not able to contact them at all?

Because either they are shit or going bust, if they are shit they will be going bust sooner or later as they are not so competitive on price either now.

Time to move on.

Harry's LinkedIn says he is no longer the General Manager of Query Foundry. However their company details in Australia have not been updated since first being registered. Their LLC in Wyoming is also "Inactive - Administratively Dissolved (Tax)".

trewq said: Their LLC in Wyoming is also "Inactive - Administratively Dissolved (Tax)".

That was done years ago.

I do believe that this is a technical issue, but for a DC to have a core switch down for this long, that raises some serious questions regarding their general ability, it is amateur.

Thanked by 2trewq Asim
  • Exactly. Why no redundancy! Or even an off shelf backup / disaster recovery plan.

• WSSWSS Member

CloudSharts.

• WSS said: CloudSharts.

Shart mother.

• I agree with all the comments, especially the one regarding to: time to move on!

Thanked by 1Asim
  • I don't see a bright future regarding all query foundry brands... I still have a fliphost vps, bought long before original owner sold firm to Harry, I had an uptime over 700 days and used it as a backup box. Hope it is not true, but seem that we sill soon say "R.I.P. Fliphost"...

• This is so sad to see. I've kept VPSs that I could have replaced with Dedis without paying too much more out of loyalty.

Other posters noted a recent deterioration in service. I didn't notice that as I have had no tickets in a long time. Maybe if a provider's service is degrading, that would be a good thread or tag for LET? Perhaps that would give the provider a chance to improve and/or warn others about the service?

• From what I can see, the internet service Cloudshards use has died - nobody seems to be announcing their routes over BGP - their provider is listed QueryFoundry for the IP block my VPS is in.

https://whois.arin.net/rest/net/NET-162-220-24-0-1

I imagine Cloudshards are scrambling to get fixed. However, there seems to be no way to contact them.

they abandoned their twitter feed a long time ago:
    https://twitter.com/cloudshards?lang=en-gb

I can't find a facebook page for them

Thanked by 1Asim
  • I've had a dedicated for the last 4 years almost issue free.

The worst was a 3 hour downtime, that they also blamed on their router......

• I agree with others.. even if you keep your cloudshards box, you'll want to make it a secondary server.

Thanked by 1Asim

By the wording of the last update (tweet from 11 hours ago): DFW Update 1: Switch fabric module failure in one of our core routers is responsible for the outage. We're working to replace w/ vendor.

I am starting to wonder if they are in fact sending the module/whole switch back for replacement under manufacturer warranty and have no plans to be back online this week.

I know that is completely insane but you know, what else could it be except 'that is a lie and they have not been able to pay their bills' would explain this?

Thanked by 1Asim
  • Just saw another update on twitter

DFW Update 2 - hw replacements completed. Unfortunately, this appears to have caused some issues with our virtual-chassi config. (cont)

Investigating further, services should be restored soon.

• Why do those routers fail so often? Isn't that ultra expensive DC stuff supposed to not break (redundant hw modules etc.)?

• After being with FlipHost (another Query Foundry brand) for at least FOUR YEARS now I will be seeking a different VPS provider. This kind of sustained downtime is just unacceptable.

Now to find another VPS provider that offers 20+GB SSD, 4 cores, and plenty of bandwidth for under $10 a month. :-P

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

GameBeatDotNet said: Now to find another VPS provider that offers 20+GB SSD, 4 cores, and plenty of bandwidth for under $10 a month. :-P

Still want dallas?

GameBeatDotNet said: Now to find another VPS provider that offers 20+GB SSD, 4 cores, and plenty of bandwidth for under $10 a month. :-P

That is really not hard to find these days.

• @Awmusic12635 said:

Still want dallas?

Yes. But wait... aren't you with Query Foundry / Fliphost? I've actually got a PM in my inbox from you back in 2013 asking me to stay with FH after a similar outage... LOL. :-)