Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

We are looking for a VPS provider that cares about customer and data privacy.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

We are looking for a VPS provider that cares about customer and data privacy.

Is An American Company's Technology Helping Turkey Spy On Its Citizens?

Turkish government revealed to be spying on its citizens through ISPs

I live in Turkey. Our government is watching us. For this reason, we have to use VPN. As a group of about 15 people, we are looking for a VPS provider that cares about customer and data privacy.

VZ type: KVM or VMware.

Number of Cores: 1-3

RAM: 1-3

Disk space: minimum 20GB

Disk type: it does not matter.

Bandwidth: minimum 3TB

Port speed: minimum 250 Mbps

DDoS protection: it does not matter.

Number of IPs: 1

Location: Any country that places importance on data privacy is a must.

Budget: 15 EURO or U.S. Dollar (USD)

Payment method: Credit/Debit Card (VISA) or Bitcoin. :( -I'm in Turkey. There is no PayPal in Turkey with a population of 82 million. We are not as lucky as you. :/ (Credit card payments should not use Skrill or Stripe as payment terminals. Because these are not in Turkey.)

Billing period: Monthly.

Thanks.

Comments

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

Every gov spy to our citizens in every country. Sounds like journalist returns for the new horizonts :)

• @jenkki said:
    Every gov spy to our citizens in every country.

Not true.
    Some Europa country spy's only if there is proof of things where are fraud or etc.

• perryoo11 said: Not true. Some Europa country spy's only if there is proof of things where are fraud or etc.

Naive Inc

• @jenkki how do your comments solve the OP's post? They offer nothing of value in relationship to what is being requested

• i can do this in Romania , you can use my signature to got a good deal.

• jenkkijenkki Member
    edited January 2017

OhMyMy said: how do your comments solve the OP's post

sarcasm,kid when starts with politic then ends with tech..

• I'm afraid you are in some kind of a trap.

Certainly no provider will state "We spy!". Of course everyone will say that they don't. If at all there is only one approach that would work at least to a degree and that is if you happened to know a provider since quite some time and quite well (and even then there only less risk but no guarantee).

Seen purely from an ITsec perspective your approach is nonsensical, lottery at best. The correct questions to ask would be "why would we be eavesdroppen? By whom? (regional police or federal intelligence service. That's a major difference). How?".

If you want to play with/against the intelligence service of your own country (and you might) you risk ending in jail for a long time or even getting a bullet into your head, so you want to think very well, have a rock-solid threat scenario analysis, and be based on the assumption that your provider does spy on you or support the dark side (keep in mind that your country is in nato).

As a hint on the technical side: Disguise and selective port opening (disguise meaning to, for instance, run confidential service through https tunnels and make it look like "secure browsing".

• @jenkki said:
    Every gov spy to our citizens in every country. Sounds like journalist returns for the new horizonts :)

I did not understand who you were talking about.

@cociu said:
    i can do this in Romania , you can use my signature to got a good deal.

I connect to the site from the phone. I can not see the signature.

• askve said: I connect to the site from the phone

Govs track your location by GPS for sure :)

• askve said: I connect to the site from the phone. I can not see the signature.

here you have the link https://secure.hostsolutions.ro/cart.php?a=add&pid=124&currency=1&language=en

the offer is :

Openvz , 2core, 2gb ram, 30gb hdd, 30tb/mo traffic included , price 1.99 eur/mo (5.97 eur/quarter)

• are you a journalist or a gulen supporter? just leave the country

but I am sure when you open everyday a thread with the exact same specs, you will find a hoster quickly

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/102663/i-am-looking-for-a-virtual-location-server-in-switzerland

• @quick said:
    are you a journalist or a gulen supporter? just leave the country

but I am sure when you open everyday a thread with the exact same specs, you will find a hoster quickly

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/102663/i-am-looking-for-a-virtual-location-server-in-switzerland

Fethullah Gulen is a terrorist. I'm a university student. I'm just looking for privacy.

• @askve said:

@quick said:
    are you a journalist or a gulen supporter? just leave the country

Fethullah Gulen is a terrorist. I'm a university student. I'm just looking for privacy.

post that sentence with gulen on your facebook wall + <3 erdogan and you are safe

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • I know a lot of Americans are in Germany for privacy reasons. I have stuff at Hetzner mostly because it's cheap, but they have seemed to me to be good about privacy. Hetzner has decent VPS (CX series) but I generally think of dedicated servers as being more private.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

This thread seems familiar, like one that ended up in someone getting banned not so long ago.

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    This thread seems familiar, like one that ended up in someone getting banned not so long ago.

Every time I read your posts, I regret that I only have a paltry $2/yr host with you.. but I can't find reason to rent another-yet!

WSS said: Every time I read your posts, I regret that I only have a paltry $2/yr host with you.. but I can't find reason to rent another-yet!

Such is life.

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:

WSS said: Every time I read your posts, I regret that I only have a paltry $2/yr host with you.. but I can't find reason to rent another-yet!

Such is life.

C'mon- rent me something!

• @AnthonySmith said:

link?

From what I see this request looks normal. What's the issue disturbing you?

@WSS

No way! AnthonySmith knows perfectly well that you would abuse his VPS to put online stuff!1!!1! on it. Moreover you fully knowingly would put bytes into the processor cache and you would taint its RAM by putting images of men with wonderful long blond hair who look like rocket scientists into it!

Don't think we don't know about you.

• WSSWSS Member

@bsdguy said:
    @WSS

No way! AnthonySmith knows perfectly well that you would abuse his VPS to put online stuff!1!!1! on it. Moreover you fully knowingly would put bytes into the processor cache and you would taint its RAM by putting images of men with wonderful long blond hair who look like rocket scientists into it!

Don't think we don't know about you.

Don't forget that I'd completely taint the microcode with these same images.. it ain't rocket surgery, after all!

edited January 2017

bsdguy said: From what I see this request looks normal. What's the issue disturbing you?

Just that if I am not mistaken this is the same guy that went on a psychotic racist rant when not everyone agreed with his methods last time and he got banned.

Maybe it is a completely different person, seems similar, I would give you a link but you know.. LET search is pants.

WSS said: C'mon- rent me something!

All I have are pocket lamps sorry.

Edit: I think this is it https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/100227/deleted/p1 but it has been heavily censored in a rather ironic twist.

• LET search is pants.

More like assless chaps

user123 said: More like assless chaps

So, "chaps" then?

• WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    All I have are pocket lamps sorry.

They're not CPanel, though, right?!

edited January 2017

WSS said: They're not CPanel, though, right?!

No I mean actual pocket lamps, they are in the shape of Christmas Tree's with a green LED from a customer Christmas card mail shot a few years ago.

Anyway:

Sorry.

• @AnthonySmith said:

user123 said: More like assless chaps

So, "chaps" then?

Yes. It's just that omitting the redundancy takes away some of the bang.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • WSSWSS Member

@AnthonySmith said:

No I mean actual pocket lamps, they are in the shape of Christmas Tree's with a green LED from a customer Christmas card mail shot a few years ago.

I can live with an Atom processor if the price is right..

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:

@AnthonySmith said:

I can live with an Atom processor if the price is right..

Thanked by 1WSS
  • layfonlayfon Member
    edited January 2017

edit: Didn't notice the payment gateway requirement. May need to check.
    maybe look at dediserve. They don't ask as much details as WHMCS templates do. Also they are non-US company. They have higher price, but still within your budget.

Thanked by 1dediserve