Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AlphaNineVPS terminated my VPS because I opened a PayPal dispute on a payment I authorised
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AlphaNineVPS terminated my VPS because I opened a PayPal dispute on a payment I authorised

zasulzasul Member
edited January 2017 in Reviews

Hello,
I started a VPS on AlphaNine 2 months ago. They turned my VPS off 3 times in a row claiming overuse but weirdly enough when I explained that there couldnt be any overuse they didnt reply but just turned on my VPS again just like that.

In december they doubled my payment on 14 and 24 december and as their support is very slow I requested my money back for the double payment on Paypal.

Today I recieved a payment refund on the doubled amount so everything was ok as my payment was ok , the doubled sum was returned to me .

But then i saw they deleted every file . I opened a support ticket and the conversation is mindblowing see link :
http://imgur.com/a/qe1cJ

Short story - Because I dared to ask for my money back through paypal they deleted all my files . Just because they can .

UPDATE : I see that hosting companies don`t like Paypal disputes. But the support was a mess. Here is proof of my last tickets that were not answered , so with this kind of support how could I not open a dispute on paypal when communication on support is not existant :
http://imgur.com/a/Wiuzb

Comments

• first , personaly i hate people who open dispute in paypal , you must first talk with your hosting provider

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • so +++++ for your provider

• any way , @nekki is missing here !

• cociu said: so +++++ for your provider

:))) funny fella , are you some kind of a troll ?

If you guys are hosting owners and see things from your perspective you should at least realise that if you steal money from my account and I take the solution I think is ok to recover my money is not ok to delete everything permanently.

But whatever you are just taking sides not considering that I lost my work because of an error I was not aware of as a small client.

Thanked by 1Luke007
  • cociucociu Member
    edited January 2017

zasul said: If you guys are hosting owners and see things from your perspective you should at least realise that if you steal money from my account and I take the solution I think is ok to recover my money is not ok to delete everything permanently.

you are a child , most this case is happened due of recurring os something else , i am sure no one was try to steal you 2 coca cola price or something else. Next time open a tiket and wait 24-48 hours for the answer . If the provider is not responding you can open a dispute. Is my point of view and i am free to post it.

• cociu said: so +++++ for your provider

>

But I know you consider yourself some smart developer / host owner that would like to treat clients the way they want and still have clients 3 years from now you are just dreaming and in the real world is plain stupid to delete files because I opened a claim.

• cociu said: you are a child , most this case is happened due of recurring os something else , i am sure no one was try to steal you 2 coca cola price or something else. Next time open a tiket and wait 24-48 hours for the answer . If the provider is not responding you can open a dispute.

As I said . You are the smart developer / owner / CTO / CEO ("input self-confidence titles" ) . I`m just a customer that found out that hosting owners like you will terminate everything without a notice because I requested my coca cola back.

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2017

zasul said: As I said . You are the smart developer / owner / CTO / CEO ("input self-confidence titles" ) . I`m just a customer that found out that hosting owners like you will terminate everything without a notice because I requested my coca cola back.

Try with me to make a charge back in paypal and you will recive the same treatment no worry. WTF we have tiketing support ?

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2017

also dont forgott we are humans too , so sometimes have errors but in this case i dont see any error. So you have joined today to tell us you have opened a dispute and your espectations was wrong. Sorry to see this. I dont have any interest to defend the host but next time think if is better to resolve amicaly with the hosting or open directly a dispute.

• For not answering requests for weeks ?

If I send you screenshots of at least 4 opened and unanswered tickets on AlphaNine 1 month old tickets will it change your thought ?

Probably not because you are holding sides... and no mather how I explain that there was no support there you will still talk bad and with superiority with me.

• zasul said: For not answering requests for weeks ?

If I send you screenshots of at least 4 opened and unanswered tickets on AlphaNine 1 month old tickets will it change your thought ?

Probably not because you are holding sides... and no mather how I explain that there was no support there you will still talk bad and with superiority with me.

If the hosting have no response in 1 month yes you are right to open a dispute but this not meen you are smart too because you have NOT MAKE BACKUP BEFORE !!!

• cociu said: also dont forgott we are humans too , so sometimes have errors but in this case i dont see any error. So you have joined today to tell us you have opened a dispute and your espectations was wrong. Sorry to see this. I dont have any interest to defend the host but next time think if is better to resolve amicaly with the hosting or open directly a dispute.

I didn`t see the paypal dispute as a bad thing ... and had no ideea that it would affect them in such a way . My message to the seller using Paypal was formal "Hey, I think the payment was doubled. Could you refund the last payment? " . I had no ideea I would harm them in any way by requesting the refund.

• cociu said: If the hosting have no response in 1 month yes you are right to open a dispute but this not meen you are smart too because you have NOT MAKE BACKUP BEFORE !!!

At least I have a 2 months old back-up so it`s not all lost.

• zasul said: I didn`t see the paypal dispute as a bad thing ... and had no ideea that it would affect them in such a way . My message to the seller using Paypal was formal "Hey, I think the payment was doubled. Could you refund the last payment? " . I had no ideea I would harm them in any way by requesting the refund.

Many dispute not good for paypal account.

• See my last tickets on their host :
    http://imgur.com/a/Wiuzb

The others were deleted as they are older than 30 days or close automatically but trust me there were at least 2 more un-resolved tickets.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

They did not take a double payment, you created a subscription then made a manual payment on top of the subscription, they did not take the money, you sent it, big difference and your fault.

Show me a screenshot of the tickets with huge gaps in the response times?

But please if it is over Christmas then I am not interested, and again your fault.

Thanked by 1zafouhar
  • zasulzasul Member
    edited January 2017

AnthonySmith said: But please if it is over Christmas then I am not interested, and again your fault.

http://imgur.com/a/Wiuzb Second image - Started on 27 december when they shut down my host because of "overload" even though I had no traffic increase . Asked for proof never had an answer.

Had more but they are not there anymore as they closed them automatically I suppose.

• AnthonySmith said: subscription, they did not take the money, you sent it, big difference and your fault.

Ok my fault . But is it that bad of a fault that they had to delete everything ? Wouldn`t a message like " Hey retarded client. We hate that you are stupid and that you opened a Paypal claim. You have 10 minutes to take your dirty files out of our servers or we delete them "

Is that to much to ask ?

• @zasul said:

AnthonySmith said: subscription, they did not take the money, you sent it, big difference and your fault.

Ok my fault . But is it that bad of a fault that they had to delete everything ? Wouldn`t a message like " Hey retarded client. We hate that you are stupid and that you opened a Paypal claim. You have 10 minutes to take your dirty files out of our servers or we delete them "

Is that to much to ask ?

Yes it is too much too ask, you should have thought about it before you opened the claim. Did you read their terms of service regarding this?

• zasul said: Is that to much to ask ?

@zasul , please understand , i am hosting provider too , most of us we hate this activity to make complains in paypal , maybe you have your reason and the hosting too, next time proceed at least more smart. Backup your data , open a tiket , let time for the provider to respond and only after this open a dispute. I understand you perfectly you lost your data , but the providers hate lost money like a full

• zafouhar said: Yes it is too much too ask, you should have thought about it before you opened the claim. Did you read their terms of service regarding this?

Ummm ... yes ? I couldn`t find it .

Just a funny thing. Their terms of use is linked on a black footer with dark grey text :))

http://imgur.com/a/LT0kC

• cociu said: @zasul , please understand , i am hosting provider too , most of us we hate this activity to make complains in paypal , maybe you have your reason and the hosting too, next time proceed at least more smart. Backup your data , open a tiket , let time for the provider to respond and only after this open a dispute. I understand you perfectly you lost your data , but the providers hate lost money like a full

I will know from now regarding the sensitivity of a paypal complain. To bad I had to learn it the bad way.

zasul said: http://imgur.com/a/Wiuzb Second image - Started on 27 december when they shut down my host because of "overload" even though I had no traffic increase

That is not all the same ticket, I dont see and header/footer on the bottom one and you opened it on the 27th, it will have been auto closed before being seen over christmas.

zasul said: Ok my fault . But

I wish people would just take some responsibility instead of stamping their feet, it is always but this and but that.

Look, you filed a paypal claim, that was the root cause of you loosing your files, you filed a claim because you did not pay any attention when signing up to begin with and made a manual payment on top of the subscription payment you sent.

Just open your eyes a bit when signing up, don't tick boxes at random because it speeds things up, and don't open a ticket on the 27th December and expect an immediate response, if any.

Could Alpha9 have handled it better? maybe, were they under any obligation to do so? no, not at all in this case.

Case closed.

• Let's have a look.

@burying is new and opens a bashing thread on day 1.

@cociu is here since some years, is a respected provider with multiple data centers of his own and thousands of happy clients.

No further questions, thank you.

• zasulzasul Member
    edited January 2017

AnthonySmith said: Just open your eyes a bit when signing up, don't tick boxes at random because it speeds things up, and don't open a ticket on the 27th December and expect an immediate response, if any.

They shut down my VPS five minutes after my ticket on the 27th December so dont give me the dont expect an immediat response thingie :)) .

You guys treat this from your perspective.
    You would wish that you could write hundreds of page just to limit the rights of a client and have no responsibility when deleting a man`s work.

But if you imagine a normal client would read 10 pages of terms and it`s my fault for not doing so you are desilussional.

• bsdguy said: Let's have a look.

@burying is new and opens a bashing thread

Yes ... why use your brain to process info when you can just trust someone else to do it for you :)

• @Zasul , nobody acuse you , only we tell you is not correct to open a dispute in any circumstance until you dont speack with the provider .

zasul said: But if you imagine a normal client would read 10 pages of terms and it`s my fault for not doing so you are desilussional.

However not even realizing you are creating an agreement with paypal to automatically send money every month to someone shows a complete lack of care and attention.

zasul said: They shut down my VPS five minutes after my ticket on the 27th December so dont give me the dont expect an immediat response thingie :)) .

Your VPS was already shut down for abuse on the 27th before your ticket, based on your ticket, which is just a giant rant as well making legal threats and threats to publicly trash them, I would terminate you for making those threats as well.

Just grow up, move on, accept responsibility.

• If you had so many problems, why were you still with them? There are tons of very reliable and very affordable hosts here, just switch hosts.

In most cases opening a PayPal dispute will mean your instant termination as a client. You should have been prepared for that.

And not having current backups...

I'm sorry you lost work on this one, but make it a learning experience. What you did would have the same result with many providers.

• @cociu - Yes but the facts prove that there was no one to talk with . Why would I bother to open another ticket if none of my other tickets were answered or resolved in any way .

I know you guys claim that I was a jerk in the first place and I admit it now as I found out that Paypal can penalize the seller for refunds.

And I recognise it . But I cannot take it back It`s done. But they have no communication . Not even an automated mail AFTER they deleted everything.

I just observed my site was not loading.

I received not even an explanation afterwards :
    Dear sir , we do not tolerate this behaviour and we had to delete everything . We are sorry but here is the TOS claming that we can do this. Sorry and good bye.

Not even this.

cociu said: @Zasul , nobody acuse you , only we tell you is not correct to open a dispute in any circumstance until you dont speack with the provider .

This discussion has been closed.