Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone managed to install openvpn on Quadhost NAT vps? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone managed to install openvpn on Quadhost NAT vps?

2»

Comments

• anyone manage setup pritunl on quadhost NAT vps?

• @crest said:
    anyone manage setup pritunl on quadhost NAT vps?

Theoretically should work, you will just need to change some ports. However, you will need one of the higher tier plans (probably 512mb+), as I tried to run it once on 128-256 and it refused to start the VPN server.

• @Dextronox said:

@crest said:

Theoretically should work, you will just need to change some ports. However, you will need one of the higher tier plans (probably 512mb+), as I tried to run it once on 128-256 and it refused to start the VPN server.

What port are you change to? It is require web server like apache? Because I'm having hard time to access the pritunl web ui. I can access my website running on port 80 using cloudflare+apache but cannot run pritunl.

• @crest said:

@Dextronox said:

@crest said:

What port are you change to? It is require web server like apache? Because I'm having hard time to access the pritunl web ui. I can access my website running on port 80 using cloudflare+apache but cannot run pritunl.

Following the documentation provided, it states that the default port is 443, clearly not ideal in a NAT environment. You should, I would believe, be able to change this in /etc/pritunl.conf. You'll need to set it to one of your forwarded ports. From there, you should be able to follow the rest of the documentation.

Thanked by 1crest
  • @Dextronox said:

@crest said:

@Dextronox said:

@crest said:

Following the documentation provided, it states that the default port is 443, clearly not ideal in a NAT environment. You should, I would believe, be able to change this in /etc/pritunl.conf. You'll need to set it to one of your forwarded ports. From there, you should be able to follow the rest of the documentation.

alright setup completed. thanks so much!!!!!