Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXcore Buffalo down again - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXcore Buffalo down again

2»

Comments

• lbftlbft Member

• PatrickPatrick Member

@Jono20201 said: For clarification, we have around 15 Buffalo Dedis with ColoCrossing, only this single machine is down.

Might want to PM Damian with the rack your on, if its the same...

• DamianDamian Member

Looks like stuff's back online

• @Damian said: Looks like stuff's back online

Geeze. I guess I'll pay my IPXCore invoice now.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Still got 55 days uptime, must be network related.

• KrisKris Member

@MikHo said: Still got 55 days uptime, must be network related.

I find that hard to believe.

Then again... it is dust / pollen season around the east coast.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Kris what is hard to believe?

• EnneaEnnea Member

I also still have my ~120 days uptime. I wonder what it was this time.

• Jono20201Jono20201 Member
    edited May 2013

From Jon:

The PDU which powers this cabinet is faulty. This same type of outage happened a few months ago (first time we had ever seen a software fault on an APC AP7930 cause a disruption to power). At the time we did not replace the unit because we performed a software/firmware reset per APC's instructions. At this time we are replacing the unit and will have you back online shortly.

Edit: Our machines uptime was reset :(

• PatrickPatrick Member

@Jono20201 said: The PDU which powers this cabinet is faulty.

This seems regular, I believe we had this issue few months back also.

• KrisKris Member
    edited May 2013

I'm having a laugh. This was the norm for the Buffalo DC when I had been working for a host who had 10+ servers with CC.

I've been vocal about it before, but had no reason to once I stopped working for that host - Now other hosts are just experiencing the crap they went through on a normal basis.

Example: 1+ week of (2) servers maxing out at 20Kbps was blamed on dust. Was asked for a remote hands fee to check the issue further until I had to fight with support / networking and proved it was hardware.

Good times.

• taronyutaronyu Member

10:20:26 up 26 days, 1:55, 1 user, load average: 0.11, 0.09, 0.07

I can't say if it was down because my monitoring node is there... xD

• DamianDamian Member

jasper: 13:34:11 up 31 min, 1 user, load average: 1.24, 3.69, 3.39
    diamond: 10:34:12 up 30 min, 1 user, load average: 39.95, 14.54, 3.83
    opal: 13:34:14 up 30 min, 1 user, load average: 1.45, 1.72, 1.88
    citrine: 13:34:15 up 76 days, 21:49, 1 user, load average: 5.38, 9.23, 8.80
    sapphire: 10:34:17 up 31 min, 2 users, load average: 0.68, 0.70, 1.11
    emerald: 13:34:18 up 22 min, 0 users, load average: 3.99, 5.00, 6.25
    cpanel2: 10:34:19 up 73 days, 14:34, 0 users, load average: 0.12, 0.21, 0.2

Our switch was on that PDU too... our switch does not have redundant power supplies, but I just put in a RFQ for A+B power for the server that our website and monitoring and such run on.

• @Damian said: I just put in a RFQ for A+B power for the server that our website and monitoring and such run on

Sounds like a good idea :P

• @Kris said: Example: 1+ week of (2) servers maxing out at 20Kbps was blamed on dust.

Was somebody doing cocaine on the servers? May explain rage from Chris

• CoreyCorey Member

@Damian said: I do not... I do know that it's limited to us, as Bitaccel, Buyvm Buffalo, and CVPS Buffalo are all up.

Sorry about your issues Damian :( Hopefully they squash this for good.

• KrisKris Member

@doughmanes said: Was somebody doing cocaine on the servers? May explain rage from Chris

I think the switch was purchased off-lease a FOB in the middle east.

Affected two servers in the same rack, happened to start after the IPv6 switch / router swaps.

Luckily all just fading memories of yesteryear at this point.

• @Kris said: I think the switch was purchased off-lease a FOB in the middle east.

"Fresh off boat" is a racist term and this community has no place for racism, even in edgy humor. I believe with America having it's first Black President that we can overcome all of that.

Shame on you!

• TaylorTaylor Member
    edited May 2013

@doughmanes said: "Fresh off boat" is a racist term and this community has no place for racism, even in edgy humor. I believe with America having it's first Black President that we can overcome all of that.

>

Off lease from a military forward operating base maybe :P ?

• @Taylor said: Off lease from a militarily forward operating base maybe :P ?

Thats what a racist would try to say to cover up racism

• @RobertClarke said: I had offers from Chris (CVPS) regarding servers with him, but I'm very happy with what @ChrisK offers at the current time.

Too bad he doesn't actually make them true, hehe

• KrisKris Member

@Taylor said: Off lease from a military forward operating base maybe :P ?

+1

Military Forward Operating Base. Can get dusty there.

• adam12adam12 Member

@doughmanes said: Fresh off boat" is a racist term and this community has no place for racism, even in edgy humor. I believe with America having it's first Black President that we can overcome all of that.

Shame on you!

Says the guy who puts a legitimate Suicide Crisis phone number in his signature like it's some kind of joke.

The official LowEndTalk phone support, 24 hours a day / 7 days a week via 800-784-2433 (US) and 905-522-1477 (Canada). Feel free to talk about your VPS issues, family issues, career issues, issues with the company you are starting up etc.

I'm just going to leave this here: FOB

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I thought they were trolling, as FOB = free on board

• KrisKris Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forward_operating_base

Note to self: Do not use acronyms.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Lol

• @adam12 said: Says the guy who puts a legitimate Suicide Crisis phone number in his signature like it's some kind of joke.

I work at the first US number. My name is Mandeep. I am from India.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

I dont get it when you call a us number and it goes all the way to some guy in india :S