Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IPXcore Buffalo down again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IPXcore Buffalo down again

DamianDamian Member
edited May 2013 in General

Out since 9:02am CST. Nothing on our network is accessible. Notified datacenter, awaiting further information.

Posted here since our site is down.

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

@Damian were I a customer I'd say thanks for the fast notice.
    But even though it's a tad off topic, I highly recommend FireHost. We're currently moving our main site there to make sure we never go down.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member
    edited May 2013

@Damian Do you know how far up the network it is? DDoS? Hardware failure? Or nothing until you get in contact with the DC?

@shovenose Cool advertising bro. Try again next time, "never go down" doesn't exist at LET.

• DamianDamian Member

@mnpeep said: Do you know how far up the network it is? DDoS? Hardware failure? Or nothing until you get in contact with the DC?

I do not... I do know that it's limited to us, as Bitaccel, Buyvm Buffalo, and CVPS Buffalo are all up.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited May 2013

We're up in Buffalo too.

• @shovenose said: We're currently moving our main site there to make sure we never go down.

Knowing your luck, it shall be amusement for everyone involved

• Thanks for the heads up @Damian. Hope for the best.

@.@ sorry to derail thread. Hope ColoCrossing fixes you up Damian and I'm outta this thread.

• FreekFreek Member

Thanks for the note, Damian. All the best!

• wlanboywlanboy Member

Thank you for the notice.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

@shovenose said: But even though it's a tad off topic, I highly recommend FireHost.

No words.

• DamianDamian Member

@Jack said: wouldn't you be better going direct with CC instead of through CVPS?

I don't think there would be much difference... only one I can think of is that support would come from CC directly instead of CVPS.

• 24khost24khost Member

@Damian isn't that the same thing anyways? CC support == CVPS support right?

I get servers through CVPS as well it's basically the same thing as CC :)

• JacobJacob Member

I was just waiting for someone to grab that opportunity. :P

@24khost said: CC support == CVPS support right?

• DamianDamian Member

@24khost said: CC support == CVPS support right?

It's not.... I report things to CVPS, CVPS contacts CC, then relays things back.

• RobertClarkeRobertClarke Member, Host Rep

I had offers from Chris (CVPS) regarding servers with him, but I'm very happy with what @ChrisK offers at the current time.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I haven't worked with CVPS myself, so can't comment on that, however on the CC side, got ~10 nodes with them - I get answers in less than 10 minutes.

• shovenose said "I highly recommend FireHost. We're currently moving our main site there to make sure we never go down."
    firehost website said "Starting at $200/month"

so basically the hosting for your main site will cost more than your monthly gross revenue. +1

edited May 2013

@DomianBop yep :( actually it's $215 i got some addons.

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited May 2013

Cool story, summers coming so I guess your objective is to shut down at the end.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@DomainBop said: firehost website said "Starting at $200/month"

200$ for some US "secure cloud" with relatively low specs. Damn, that must be hundreds of percents profit per sale.

• AmitzAmitz Member

Sounds like a great business plan... ;)

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Hope you will get a response soon.

• DamianDamian Member

@Jack said: CVPS are the middle men.. you'd probably get a better response time via CC..

However you could probably get a sub user setup from the CC panel via CVPS.

The best method would to be ensure that things don't go down.... then we wouldn't need to contact anyone :P

• You could have 30 LEBs and setup your own redundancy/load balancing for that price.

• @shovenose said: yep :( actually it's $215 i got some addons.

$5/hr @ McDonalds working 40hrs a week, get to work! You can pay that in a bi-monthly paycheck

• @shovenose, let's do business together. You'd be the investor and just supply the money and I'll do everything else. We split the profit fiddy fiddy. Deal?

• One of our Buffalo, NY (ColoCrossing) nodes have been down since 06/05/2013 14:59:29.. So I think this is the same outage.

@serverian, sure, but I get 69% of profits. lol jk

• For clarification, we have around 15 Buffalo Dedis with ColoCrossing, only this single machine is down.