Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

custom Email @domain.com - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

custom Email @domain.com

2»

Comments

• Your webhost may offer email if you have basic needs.

Or might be worth looking at @mailcheap or Mxroute run by @jarland

I've not tried mxroute but there seems to be plenty of people around here that are happy with it, mailcheap's service has been great so far but I've only been using it for a very short time and not for my main mailbox (Still using o365 for my primary mailbox as I needed the office licenses anyway and the cost difference between Office apps + email and office apps is next to bugger all) so can't really offer a balanced review yet.

One of the things that swung me towards mailcheap is they now have SOGO which will sync the calendar/contacts with your phone (Supports activesync). I've adding one of my other email accounts to my android phone (using the nine email client) and it seems to work ok.

Once I get rid of the need for office I'll probably move my main mailbox over as well.

Thanked by 1mailcheap
  • eloftyelofty Member
    edited January 2017

+1 mxroute

• I don't understand the question: you just want simple email for your domain? Or you want to run your own server?

Migadu.com looks interesting and has a low volume free plan, and then paid plans above that. Then there are the paid options already mentioned, and as MrKaruppu says, some domain registrars offer free email (don't know about GoDaddy). Gandi.net also has it though their signup emphasizes that there's no backup, so that makes it useless for anything serious.

As for self-hosting a server I guess I'd set up a few test domains first before putting any on it where I actually get important mail.

• VPNVPN Member

If you have any small VPSs idling you could host your own mail server, two servers and you could have a second mail server for redundancy.

• GamerTech24GamerTech24 Member
    edited January 2017

I have free email with 5 accounts on my GoDaddy domain with OVH.ie shared email, I had to have ovh.ie support make me a custom order with my domain as an email package for 5 accounts and paid for it for one time and bam got email. It uses Roundcube and this is apart of their shared webhosting services and it is hosted in Roubiax.

• CamCam Member, Patron Provider

Zoho is great. I've been using them for years. You can create up to 25 email accounts for free as stated many times already. =D

• I have to be suspicious of anything free in this area. I understand Migadu's offering which is an upsell. The other stuff I wonder about: does zoho have ads or what? Paid services like mxroute are very affordable if a bit low on creature comforts (at least for now) and they give you basically unlimited domains and mailboxes (pricing basically is per GB of disk space). Fastmail is more deluxe but costs more and costs per mailbox (semi-unlimited aliases). I'd go with one of those if it was an ongoing need.

• YuraYura Member
    edited January 2017

Zoho does upsells and tries to lure you into their suite of many apps.

Mxroute is developing and maturing, I believe. Though, there was not many news on that front from @Jarland, as of recently. Mailcheap got full CalDAV, CardDav and so on as of lately. Very nice.

• user123user123 Member
    edited January 2017

@dragon2611 said:
    Your webhost may offer email if you have basic needs.

Or might be worth looking at @mailcheap or Mxroute run by @jarland

I've not tried mxroute but there seems to be plenty of people around here that are happy with it, mailcheap's service has been great so far but I've only been using it for a very short time and not for my main mailbox (Still using o365 for my primary mailbox as I needed the office licenses anyway and the cost difference between Office apps + email and office apps is next to bugger all) so can't really offer a balanced review yet.

One of the things that swung me towards mailcheap is they now have SOGO which will sync the calendar/contacts with your phone (Supports activesync). I've adding one of my other email accounts to my android phone (using the nine email client) and it seems to work ok.

Once I get rid of the need for office I'll probably move my main mailbox over as well.

Yeah, I've been using MXRoute since 2014 and currently have a few plans with them. While I tend to be pretty frugal and know that I could consolidate four of my plans into just one, I keep them because the MXRoute team has been awesome and their prices are very reasonable. I'm not even close to being a notable customer for them, but the service has been reliable and their customer support has consistently been very responsive and accommodating. I can't help handing @jarland my money with a smile.

@yghost MXRoute is a paid service, but they do have some great deals that make some plans very inexpensive.

• Yep. I have two mxroute plans and at least for now am only using only the smaller of the two. The other one is like the proverbial idling vps :).

• Indeed I doubt the OP could really go wrong with either mxroute or mailcheap

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Yura said:
    Zoho does upsells and tries to lure you into their suite of many apps.

Mxroute is developing and maturing, I believe. Though, there was not many news on that front from @Jarland, as of recently. Mailcheap got full CalDAV, CardDav and so on as of lately. Very nice.

Much coming :)

Thanked by 1Yura