Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

custom Email @domain.com
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

custom Email @domain.com

yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

Hi guys

I have a domain with Godaddy and he ask me to buy office365 to use my custom email [email protected]

There is any free service that support this ? I need just one email & dont care about the design ...etc !

Thanks

Comments

• HaxHax Member
    edited January 2017

You could use Yandex, it's free.

Thanked by 2yghost TheKiller
  • gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

You can use any Shared Hosting provider.
    Otherwise, you can check with MxRoute (@jarland)

Regards, David

Thanked by 2yghost TheOnlyDK
  • If you have your own stable hosting, you could also try setting up Roundcube, but as Sixell said, many mail services provide this for free, and that would be much easier to setup.

Thanked by 1yghost
  • Zoho is a popular one, Pawnmail is another one i know

Thanked by 2yghost DETio
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited January 2017

@yghost said:
    any free service that support this ? I need just one email & dont care about the design ...etc !

Yandex.

Thanked by 1yghost
  • @Servercow's mailcow: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/101298/mailcow-dockerized-released / https://mailcow.email

You'd need a VPS with 512 MB RAM or more though.

as @Sixell's pointed out you can use yandex.com, it's free and works pretty well, with webmail but also smtp, imap & pop3.

Another option would be to buy dedicated mail hosting (like mxroute / @jarland) or cheaper small shared hosting. @Francisco's buyshared starts at 5$/y and comes with a dedicated IPv4.

Good luck.

Thanked by 2Francisco yghost
  • mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2017

Mailcheap provides affordable Enterprise email plans. Basic 20G: 20 GB storage [5 domains, unlimited users] for $1.99/mo. billed annually.

Comes with Webmail, Calendar (CalDAV), Contacts (CardDAV) and ActiveSync support based on SOGo as standard.

Please see product page, features and infrastructure for more information.

Best Regards,

Pavin.

• You can also set up Mailgun and have it forward emails to another address, e.g. Gmail.

• RizRiz Member

@Pandy said:
    Zoho is a popular one, Pawnmail is another one i know

+1 for Zoho for free solutions

• Lunanode hosted email.

• Any reason why many of you are proposing solutions that cost money when he is seeking a free solution for a single solitary email address?

• I second Pawnmail. I use it as my main email and it works great. 2GB per inbox.

• yghostyghost Member, Host Rep

@tmwc said:
    I second Pawnmail. I use it as my main email and it works great. 2GB per inbox.

Pawnmail disable the new domain signup

• +1 Zoho, works good and is free for up to 20 emails.

• If you only want to RECEIVE emails at that address, just setup email forwarding (via Godaddy).

If you also want to SEND as that address and are OK with header compromise (showing for example a real gmail account address), you can use Gmail (create a new email for that domain or something like that) and then set it up to allow an extra address to send out emails as that user.

If you want "real" headers (etc.) to only reveal the address at your domain then you'll need some of the above suggested (possibly paid) option(s).

Thanked by 1willie
  • @yghost said:

@tmwc said:
    I second Pawnmail. I use it as my main email and it works great. 2GB per inbox.

Pawnmail disable the new domain signup

Well, I didn't notice that :P

Thanked by 1yghost
  • I second Zoho. Some occassional problems, though 99% of the time, no issues. 25 free users so you could create multiple email addresses (to look more professional ofcourse ;)

• Yandex is great, been using them for more than a year.

• I use Zoho (mail.zoho.com). You can get the free plan with 1 domain as a limit. Been using them for long!

• I would suggest using OVH's free email service which is free for domain holders. You can transfer your domain to them and get free emails. Not a straightforward solution anyway ;) But remember, don't expect any support :P

• tmwc said: I second Pawnmail. I use it as my main email and it works great. 2GB per inbox.

No new registration allowed atm.

• WSSWSS Member

Install Exim/Postfix/OpenSMTPd, your favorite transport method, and your favorite free MUA. This is LET.

• @WSS said:
    Install Exim/Postfix/OpenSMTPd, your favorite transport method, and your favorite free MUA. This is LET.

Id generally agree, but email is one of the things I dont want to do myself. At some point I will fuck up any of my servers and Id prefer not being unreachable when I inevitably do so.

• WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@MagicalTrain said:

@WSS said:

Id generally agree, but email is one of the things I dont want to do myself. At some point I will fuck up any of my servers and Id prefer not being unreachable when I inevitably do so.

Setup a backup MX, so when you screw it up, you won't be completely hosed- you'll still get your mail.

Setting up an MTA isn't difficult anymore- it's incredibly simple, and with simple tools such as Webmin, you don't really even need to (initially) know how- at least enough to cut your teeth. I strongly recommend learning how to, of course, and this is a great reason to do so.

That said, I've run my own MX for decades.

When I cut over to NameSilo, I just added a couple A records to their MX as backups (with approval) so it still looks the same, added forward accounts to my domains in their system to my GMail, and can always read it from my phone/etc if I completely fuck things up (at which point I'll take my primary offline for repair and won't lose much, if anything).

• @WSS said:

@MagicalTrain said:

@WSS said:

Setup a backup MX, so when you screw it up, you won't be completely hosed- you'll still get your mail.

Setting up an MTA isn't difficult anymore- it's incredibly simple, and with simple tools such as Webmin, you don't really even need to (initially) know how- at least enough to cut your teeth. I strongly recommend learning how to, of course, and this is a great reason to do so.

That said, I've run my own MX for decades.

When I cut over to NameSilo, I just added a couple A records to their MX as backups (with approval) so it still looks the same, added forward accounts to my domains in their system to my GMail, and can always read it from my phone/etc if I completely fuck things up (at which point I'll take my primary offline for repair and won't lose much, if anything).

I have done mail servers before, but for me as a hobbyist, I prefer not hosting any production things that I cant afford to have go down for days at a time because I dont feel like sitting down for a few hours to fix shit right at that point in time.

Thanked by 2WSS user123
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited January 2017

@MagicalTrain said:
    I have done mail servers before, but for me as a hobbyist, I prefer not hosting any production things that I cant afford to have go down for days at a time because I dont feel like sitting down for a few hours to fix shit right at that point in time.

To each his own- if I broke mine bad enough- in the above example, if I turned it off AFTER breaking it, it'd go elsewhere, and I could read-and-respond from Google. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

MagicalTrain said: Id generally agree, but email is one of the things I dont want to do myself. At some point I will fuck up any of my servers and Id prefer not being unreachable when I inevitably do so.

Worse is that with someone else's solution they will invariably fuck up just the same, except in that case they won't care that your E-Mail is down.

• @rm_ said:

MagicalTrain said: Id generally agree, but email is one of the things I dont want to do myself. At some point I will fuck up any of my servers and Id prefer not being unreachable when I inevitably do so.

Worse is that with someone else's solution they will invariably fuck up just the same, except in that case they won't care that your E-Mail is down.

I doubt theyd be as terrible as me, but even if, at least I can yell at somebody, right?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

MagicalTrain said: at least I can yell at somebody

If you are on a free account (like what the OP asks), then no, not really.

• MagicalTrainMagicalTrain Member
    edited January 2017

@rm_ said:

MagicalTrain said: at least I can yell at somebody

If you are on a free account (like what the OP asks), then no, not really.

Im not. I pay for my mail.