Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Datto Drive 1TB owncloud free for 1 year - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Datto Drive 1TB owncloud free for 1 year

2»

Comments

• O.. is it the share your data with the NSA for free week.

Thanked by 1dennisschwartz
  • Get Yandex disk instead ;) - https://disk.yandex.com/

Or unlimited Megafon disk - https://disk.megafon.ru/

• @jenkki said:
    Get Yandex disk instead ;) - https://disk.yandex.com/

Or unlimited Megafon disk - https://disk.megafon.ru/

Oops, I hit "Thanks" instead of "Quote" lol

For anyone wondering, Yandex is 10GB free. Using Google Translate, Megafon's page says "the download speed on MegaDisk data is limited to 3 Mbit/s, if more than 3 GB per month, the download speed is reduced to 64 kbit/s."

• user123 said: MegaDisk data

Megafon mobile operator, guess its limited on mobile internet 3G/4G

• @jenkki said:

user123 said: MegaDisk data

Megafon mobile operator, guess its limited on mobile internet 3G/4G

No. The section related to using Megafon mobile internet says "When working with MegaDiskom you use Mobile Internet from "Megaphone", then you pay for traffic from the download and upload files according to your tariff plan or the connected Internet Options. The download speed is not limited."

This section that I quoted is specific to people not using Megafon mobile internet. It says "To download data through another network (not the "megaphone") of Internet traffic is not charged, but the download speed on MegaDisk data is limited to 3 Mbit / s, if more than 3 GB per month, the download speed is reduced to 64 kbit / s."

• user123 said: user123

That not clear for PC version exactly, but they extended for back up mobile pics and docs, videos etc, not for upload HD movies collection or something similar at the fist place.

For Yandex 100Gb for $2 per month not bad ratio compared with others. 1Tb for $10

• deadbeef said: You missed it entirely. I'll make it easier for you - think of capital accumulation as "more money in the bank with which I can buy stuff". More money, more stuff to buy, more old stuff to throw away sooner to replace with the latest most amazing tools.

The U.S. government doesn't appropriate money that sits in the bank. Try another argument. Let's see how much more you can come up with!

• jiggawattz said: jiggawattz

Did you know, from FEB all cafes will be renamed to Mc'Trumps? :)

• @jiggawattz said:

deadbeef said: You missed it entirely. I'll make it easier for you - think of capital accumulation as "more money in the bank with which I can buy stuff". More money, more stuff to buy, more old stuff to throw away sooner to replace with the latest most amazing tools.

The U.S. government doesn't appropriate money that sits in the bank. Try another argument. Let's see how much more you can come up with!

Sort of. At least in the US, there are dormancy laws where the money in an account has to be surrendered by the bank to the state if there are no transactions on the account for a period of time. Every state has such a law in place.

• Only at LET can you browse to a 1TB owncloud thread and see more about North Korea than owncloud.

• user123 said: Sort of. At least in the US, there are dormancy laws where the money in an account has to be surrendered by the bank to the state if there are no transactions on the account for a period of time. Every state has such a law in place.

Yes - that's for random individuals.

@deadbeef seems to imply that U.S. Congress appropriates (budgets) NSA money that sits in the bank for awhile. No, the NSA purchases capital that depreciates probably very quickly. I doubt the same tech that intercepted signals 20 years ago has much use today.