Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vortexnode.com review?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vortexnode.com review?

Hi,

Can you please share your experience with Vortexnode.com? I am planning to buy their Atom dedicated server.

Thanks

Comments

• They're great, no complaints about them so far.

• I have two virtual machines on OVZ basis there. No complaints.
    Magnus is a friendly guy, don't know the rest of the team yet.

• Got one atom and one dual l5520 working fine so far.

• Works fine, support team is nice but it's not as automated as the big companies are (online / ovh). Depending on what you want to do you might have to wait for the support guy to answer you. Support will probably be faster than OVH though.

• Solid support team, knowledgeable and eager to help. Taken in context with how good their pricing has been I'm very impressed.

• I chatted with few of the support members. They are really nice as others have told. Thanks everyone for your comments! :)

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • Atom and an Element with them. Network has been solid, support has been great, my stuff works, Magnus is responsive in the forum and on Discord, I get crazy specs for what I pay..... wholeheartedly recommend.

• Their Atlanta location sadly routes over Cogent for one of my clients, whereas delimiter routes (more) directly, adding 13ms to his ping.

Support's nice, but swamped with work due to (explosive) expansion. VPS performance is great, cant say much about the dedicated servers though, nor about the UK network where that atom is located.

Very good for the price though.

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • Thanks for all the positive comments, it means a lot :)

Thanked by 1sandro
  • I have one DS with vortexnode. So far so good.

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • Currently Stripe payment is down (expected back at the end of the week) so it's temporarily Paypal-only, an obstacle for me. I ordered a server (one of the in-demand $10/y KVM's), encountered this issue, opened a ticket, and they kindly gave me a payment due date extension til next week without any fuss (so I can wait til Stripe comes back, then pay).

A good test of support is what happens when you hit a snag, and the result here was a friendly and low-hassle experience, so thumbs up.

• WSSWSS Member

I have a handful of KVMs, and a dedicated with VN. The team was nice enough to give me proper IPMI access to the dedicated unit when I was having issues with the initial installation- and they did a free reinstall for me minimal, since it had so much junk from the stock install that it was cleaner to just blow it away than kill packages.

The entire team is pretty darn fast to respond, and so far hasn't balked at a single request. Their prices are beyond reasonable (hence my dedi), and service isn't bad at all.

Thanked by 1VortexMagnus
  • kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited January 2017

Got two atoms with them, fast support, I'll make my own review about them in ~ a year (lol). You can't go wrong with them and hopefully they'll be around for a long time. @VortexMagnus is their representant here in LET.

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @kalimov622 said:
    Got two atoms with them, fast support, I'll make my own review about them in ~ a year (lol). You can't go wrong with them and hopefully they'll be around for a long time. @VortexMagnus is their representant here in LET.

Thanks!

• @willie said:
    I ordered a server (one of the in-demand $10/y KVM's)

Specs?

• @inthecloudblog said:

@willie said:

Specs?

I am pretty sure it is 1CPU, 512MB RAM, 1TB BW, and 20GB Disk.

• space is 10gig. but rest is correct.

@brian777 said:

@inthecloudblog said:

@willie said:

Specs?

• I'm paying for 4gb and 2 cores with 50 gb Ssd raid $7/mo is it OK?

• brian777 said:

I think mine is the one with 7GB SSD instead of 20GB HDD. Not positive though. It's in Atlanta if that matters.

• @vortexmagnus Is your support from India by any chance? I'm allergic. Be honest.

• @Hxxx said:
    @vortexmagnus Is your support from India by any chance? I'm allergic. Be honest.

Allergic? How about antihistamines?

Thanked by 2Hxxx bugrakoc
  • @Hxxx said:
    @vortexmagnus Is your support from India by any chance? I'm allergic. Be honest.

Nope and we don't have any outsourced staff, all direct employees. We have some staff in Asia, but they're all direct employees, fine ones they are too.

Thanked by 2Hxxx Junkless
  • Any dedi offers around?

@VortexMagnus said:

@Hxxx said:

Nope and we don't have any outsourced staff, all direct employees. We have some staff in Asia, but they're all direct employees, fine ones they are too.

• @Hxxx said:
    Any dedi offers around?

@VortexMagnus said:

@Hxxx said:

Plenty :)

What are you after?

• E3s, link to offers?

• @Hxxx said:
    E3s, link to offers?

http://www.vortexnode.com/superdeals is your place :)

• Everything in the USA is enzu? Not that is a bad thing. Just asking.

@VortexMagnus said:

@Hxxx said:
    E3s, link to offers?

• @Hxxx said:
    Everything in the USA is enzu? Not that is a bad thing. Just asking.

@VortexMagnus said:

@Hxxx said:
    E3s, link to offers?

Nope, the test IP's on our site are being updated.

We use a mixture of ColoCrossing and Colo@ depending on US location.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited January 2017

What locations are CC? @VortexMagnus

• @Hxxx said:
    What locations are CC? @VortexMagnus

Overlap locations: Dallas, Chicago & LA (we use both CC & C@ here).

Individually CC being Buffalo and San Jose (we have very little in San Jose).