Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SSD Cached - With Raid 10 or Raid 1 or Raid 5 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SSD Cached - With Raid 10 or Raid 1 or Raid 5

2»

Comments

• MunMun Member

@Brightbull said: @Mun Just noticed the "DidYouTryRestartingIt?" in your signature. You should make a "DidYouTryAskingLET?" and a "DidYouTryGooglingIt?"! :-)

Ill whip something up :)

• @BrightBull, Do not wanna mention it, Guys from my country are famous for being underestimated, you ll start thinking about me in the same way. I just wanna know how much impact the Raid10 vs Raid 1 will do, If I go for Raid 1 it ll save me money and space if SSD cached drive is going to hit most of the queries in cache.

• bobbybobby Member
    edited May 2013

@Ishaq said: Please.. please

leave

not you! those others

• MunMun Member

If you understand how SSD Cached HDDs work then you would know that Raid 10 will be faster. Raid 1 in this case will be slower, but yes cheaper or larger disk size depending on the setup.

• yomeroyomero Member

The guy comes back... without answering in his last thread... lol

• BrightbullBrightbull Member
    edited May 2013

@darknessends Hmm, I wonder why that would be.. :-)
    I think this answers your question: http://bit.ly/1395GJ1

• Guess that link solved the thread since nobody replied! ;-)

• MunMun Member

Nothing for me to reply too.

• @darknessends

Why do you insist on making a poll? If you look into the community enough, you can do your market research through reading comments in the offers category, or on the LEB site. There's no need to ask us, it just puts most users off the idea of buying from you.

As for the question, RAID 10 + a 64GB SSD (on a 32GB node) would suffice, anything bigger you're looking at 128GB - 256GB ssd.

Look for performance drives, a server equiv of the desktop WD Blacks 1TB with the 64MB cache already built in.

Use official CacheCade raid cards, something like a LSi and ensure that you set it up correctly, you'll see some blitzing speeds with 4x WD's in RAID10 (300MB+) and with the cache, cached files' you'll be looking at 500+ consistent.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

No love for RAID-11 </3

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited May 2013

I recommend RAID 0 with IDE drives. Possibly with a USB stick for cache.

• Bubka3Bubka3 Member
    edited May 2013

@Microlinux said: Possibly with a USB stick for cache.

USB is overkill! Couple of floppy disks will do the trick!

• @eastonch, Now thanks for the single most good answer.

• @Mun said: If you understand how SSD Cached HDDs work then you would know that Raid 10 will be faster. Raid 1 in this case will be slower, but yes cheaper or larger disk size depending on the setup.

exactly my point as well. He claims he knows about how SSD cache works and How RAID 1.5,10 works. If he knows those why should he ask the question at the first place. Waste of time

• @darknessends said: Since a lot of people here are having very short temper and they really do not wanna use their brain, let me simplify it.

People wouldn't mind your numerous threads as much if you weren't such a dbag. Try being friendly, people are more inclined to help that way.

• @Bubka3 Perhaps a RAID 10 array of 100 floppies as cache?

• @darknessends are you planning to offer VPS in near future? Like during this summer?

• rds100rds100 Member

@Shigawire said: @darknessends are you planning to offer VPS in near future? Like during this summer?

Why this desire to troll him and bash him all the time? At least he is trying to do some research before starting up. Not like the typical summer host that just grabs whatever server offer there is with "first month free", running it for a month and then running with the cash.

• @rds100, Thanks, I really feel the questions I ask are not theoretical, I know myself the answers in theory but there are things which can only be answered by people who are running nodes with high number of vm - thats the experience I am looking for. Thanks a lot of understanding me. These guys are always in so much panic. They treat this forum not as a community but like a fish market where every other seller wants to compete.
    That is why each thread for questions gets 2 sensible replies and 100 troll post.

• If you ever need to talk, my phone number is in the signature

• yomeroyomero Member

@doughmanes How can I call from other country? I need to lowendTalk xD

• @doughmanes the number does not even work.

• @Brightbull said: the number does not even work.

I'm sorry but can you try again

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Brightbull said: the number does not even work.

Did you try restarting your phone and network tower?

• @seriesn said: Did you try restarting your phone and network tower?

I filed a support ticket of WHY IS MY PHONE OFFLINE

• MunMun Member

@darknessends said: @rds100, Thanks, I really feel the questions I ask are not theoretical, I know myself the answers in theory but there are things which can only be answered by people who are running nodes with high number of vm - thats the experience I am looking for. Thanks a lot of understanding me. These guys are always in so much panic. They treat this forum not as a community but like a fish market where every other seller wants to compete.

That is why each thread for questions gets 2 sensible replies and 100 troll post.

You do realize none of my posts were troll posts, I answered you with all the viable data that you need, but you seem blind to it.