Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2Checkout $5 chargeback.... REALLY!? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2Checkout $5 chargeback.... REALLY!?

Comments

• @Patrick said: @t3ster said: Stipe is only US.

No.

It's in Canada and now also UK

Yup, working fine for us in the UK.

• BradNDBradND Member

@Jack Yes, but we pay for them to do fraud checking, they are not going to charge me $60 when their system can't even flag fraud.

• @Corey how much until you can release with 2checkout? Let me know if you want and I might buy something from you using it so you can get that money out of there.

• CoreyCorey Member

@Dragoon0309 said: @Corey how much until you can release with 2checkout? Let me know if you want and I might buy something from you using it so you can get that money out of there.

Appears to be $59 :(

• CoreyCorey Member

Now my balance just magically decreased from 241 to 212

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

this is getting worse and worse lol

• @Corey when you get things figured out let me know, I won't order using 2co until you get it resolved so you don't gt ripped

for what it's worth I just signed up for Stripe, it was very easy :)

• @Damian said: I really have no idea why anyone would use 2checkout ever.

I've been using them since 2008, and have had a pretty good track record with them.

The post below is a reason why I love 2Checkout:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=346519028726969set=a.261378393907700.61009.164868080225399&type=1

• @FTNChris said: I've been using them since 2008, and have had a pretty good track record with them.

The post below is a reason why I love 2Checkout:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=346519028726969set=a.261378393907700.61009.164868080225399&type=1

inb4 Dewlance claims we own 2CheckOut

• FRCoreyFRCorey Member

Another second for stripe, dumped that CDG for them, CDG is that whmcs partner and their fees are assinine and all over the place.

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

@Zen

The higher fees are not a problem, but when you end up with $150 of chargebacks and $60 in charge back fees in a few hours because 2co's fraud check stopped working as it was returning prolexics IP addresses , it pisses you off a bit.

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

@BenND said: The higher fees are not a problem, but when you end up with $150 of chargebacks and $60 in charge back fees in a few hours because 2co's fraud check stopped working as it was returning prolexics IP addresses , it pisses you off a bit.

Oh yeah, I am having a bunch of BR orders that passed their fraud check and so far I paid around 150$ for this and counting. Good thing I refunded the rest of the orders on time.

• edited May 2013

@Zen said: URPAD use them eh? This thread is full of people advising to stay away from 2CO and it does look like you should but from my experience I feel much safer and more welcome using 2CO than any other payment processor/intermediary. Willing to pay the higher fees and such to know that they maintain much better business relations with me than some of the other payment processors I have used in the past have.

Seems no one puts customer service as a requirement for people that handle your money, whereas that's something I value dearly in that area.

Yeah, we use 2CO. The experience has been what I would sum up as more or less good. Catches some nasty people that Maxmind doesn't always catch, as Maxmind is easy to fool unfortunately, so that's an added bonus. Sure, the fees for chargebacks are not ideal but that's the cost of business unfortunately. Twenty dollars here and there shouldn't put anyone out of business, but each time it happens you are certainly reminded of the importance of proper fraud detection and finding out ways you can prevent it from happening again.

What would make 2CO better, is if a client had issued chargebacks in the past while using the 2CO system, that it would give a risk assessment score for that individual so you could choose to allow them to pay via 2CO or have them pay via a method that is more 'safe' for the receiver. I would imagine that 2CO has to have a record of 'John Doe' who has used his MasterCard and has issued 4 chargebacks in 4 months from 4 different merchants. A feature to warn new merchants that this guy may be bad news would be wonderful.

• rds100rds100 Member

@MannDude said: What would make 2CO better, is if a client had issued chargebacks in the past while using the 2CO system, that it would give a risk assessment score for that individual so you could choose to allow them to pay via 2CO or have them pay via a method that is more 'safe' for the receiver. I would imagine that 2CO has to have a record of 'John Doe' who has used his MasterCard and has issued 4 chargebacks in 4 months from 4 different merchants. A feature to warn new merchants that this guy may be bad news would be wonderful.

And then all the privacy freaks would be all over 2CO for breaking John Doe's rights.

• edited May 2013

@rds100 said: And then all the privacy freaks would be all over 2CO for breaking John Doe's rights.

What rights would be broken? It doesn't have to say:

John Doe on 11/14/2012 chargeback, $5.75
    John Doe on 12/17/2012 chargeback, $5.87
    John Doe on 01/16/2013 chargeback, $19

Above, would be a privacy breach, especially if those chargebacks were from other merchants.

All it'd have to say is, 'John Doe, risk assessment: 9/10 | Details: Charge back history from similar merchants' or something.

It would only be utilized or shown for those with unusual chargeback histories on the same card they've used for other 2CO merchants.

You already see their full name, email, phone number and billing address in 2CO, adding a risk assessment score based on previous history within the 2CO system is hardly a privacy violation.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@MannDude @Zen

2co is best payment processor and support,etc of 2co is excellent.

They always reply me on time, they always send money on time and sometimes they warn me to not accept order from "Mr. X" (PayPal never warn me to not accept order from "Mr. Xfraud")

2Checkout is BEST!!!!

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member
    edited May 2013

@DewlanceVPS

I think you are an idiot? Go through your orders, if you actually get more than two a day you will notice the the fraud check is not running due to prolexic.

Suppose there is no way to convince a fool

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@BenND said: I think you are an idiot? Go through your orders, if you actually get more than two a day you will notice the the fraud check is not running due to prolexic.

Suppose there is no way to convince a fool

No, I am Intelligent.

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

@Jack

It is definitely not on our side. orders that should have DEFFINATLY failed the fraud check are passing just as someone else in this thread said.

All of a sudden a load of emails now

"This order has been connected to fraudulent activity. Please issue a refund of this order to avoid receiving a chargeback"

• @BradND @Alex_LiquidHost @BenND it was a known issue, and we adjusted our fraud rules for the duration. We apologize and If there are specific transactions that were affected we are always happy to take a look at them at the seller’s request. Just email us at [email protected] and we will help.

@MannDude just wanted to let you know our fraud check does detect high risk clients by identifying their previous details and charge back history. hope this helps and thank you for your support!

@FTNChris @DewlanceVPS thank you so much for the positive feedback, we really appreciate your support. It means a lot to us to see this!!

@BronzeByte we are sorry to hear you aren't considering our services any longer. We take our fraud checks very seriously and are always trying to improve for our sellers. Our rates have changed in the US. For international sellers payment processing includes more steps and complexity - with the added complexity unfortunately it is more expensive. If we can appease any concerns you have we would be more than happy to help, just reach out to us. [email protected]

@mpkossen if there is anything we can do to change your mind, we’re happy to help address any concerns you have.

*anyone emailing sellersupport please include in your subject line "LowEndTalk". I will notify a representative to look out for any emails containing that in the subject

• JacobJacob Member

Do you realise how much time I waste everyday going back to individual transactions and terminating services that have been delivered, and accepted by you but then 2 - 3 days later you decide that they're "fraud".

@2Checkout said: just wanted to let you know our fraud check does detect high risk clients by identifying their previous details and charge back history.

• CoreyCorey Member

@2Checkout said: @FTNChris @DewlanceVPS thank you so much for the positive feedback, we really appreciate your support. It means a lot to us to see this!!

If you knew who DewlanceVPS was that wouldn't mean a lot to you.

@Corey wow, that's mean and an insensitive unfounded comment.

• Ben1002Ben1002 Member

@shovenose

Just like positive feedback from you wouldn't mean a lot.

• CoreyCorey Member
    edited May 2013

@shovenose said: @Corey wow, that's mean and an insensitive unfounded comment.

It's not unfounded, I've been in this industry for over 5 years son. I know a lot.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@miTgiB said: Get Payza then

I despise Payza (they were formerly AlertPay), was using them when they were AlertPay and shortly after they merged into Payza all the sudden US based customers can't withdrawl money to US banks and support was next to non-existant. As much as I don't like dealing with paypal all the time, I hated AlertPay/Payza even more.

• CoreyCorey Member

@kbeezie said: @miTgiB said: Get Payza then

I despise Payza (they were formerly AlertPay), was using them when they were AlertPay and shortly after they merged into Payza all the sudden US based customers can't withdrawl money to US banks and support was next to non-existant. As much as I don't like dealing with paypal all the time, I hated AlertPay/Payza even more.

I'm not using them because I have to withdraw my money by check.

I'm giving 2co too much hate in this post. I was just angry about a chargeback. Chargebacks happen - I need to be more adamant with refunding orders I think are fraud and take more measures to make sure this doesn't happen too often.

• kbeeziekbeezie Member

@Corey said: I'm not using them because I have to withdraw my money by check.

For a while when it was just AlertPay there was no problems just withdrawing by US Bank, the only downside was the 2 weeks to 1 month wait before you could withdraw (varies on history). When they announced their merger with Payza, the ability to withrawl via US Bank was gone, though they claimed it was there, but was always gone. I ended up closing the account and getting a check from them for what my balance was.

Near the end it wasn't going to do me any good either because customers that were paying me with them were also having difficulties. So ya another one bit the dust, least for the US market.

• So whats the best fraud protection system in the end based on experience for paypal and credit cards?