Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgrade Fee - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Upgrade Fee

2»

Comments

• zonzon Member

their actual fee is 20 in my case they reduced to 10. anyway i dont care you believe my words or not. so for me no need to prove iam a qw cust.

• Joel, We have a large amount of annual services already and by a stable client base I wa meaning we have a strong relationship with our clients and are always ready to go the extra mile.

Seems like your taking offence to my posts @joel and responding with a negative attitude which is not helping anyone.

• zonzon Member

yes i dont know y he is arguing like this.. without any point..

i made only 1 mistake. posted this issue here.. wasted so much time here today.. unnecessarly..

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@zon said: i made only 1 mistake. posted this issue here.. wasted so much time here today.. unnecessarly..

This is a discussion forum and we're discussing the issue ;)

@EaseVPS said: We have a large amount of annual services already and by a stable client base I wa meaning we have a strong relationship with our clients and are always ready to go the extra mile.

I have to agree with @Joel here. With respect, you've just started up and whilst there is nothing wrong with this, you can't realistically make claims about your success and your future with such a short past. One thing in particular I think you'll realise if and when you start actually employing people and paying them properly, is that time really is money.

I can remember having a discussion with each of our techs about watching the clock while they're dealing with tickets, and asking them to work out how much each ticket costs the company etc. so that they're aware of these things.

• @jtodd said: I have to agree with @Joel here.

+1.

• $20 is a rip off. Just cancel and sign up with a new host!

• MrAndroidMrAndroid Member
    edited January 2012

This topic has gone waaaaaay off track, @Joel and @EaseVPS should discuss their differences in private, for the sake of everyone else,

$10 for a few buttons is a bit dear, but their entitled to charge it. If your not happy, then move

• If its part of the terms then I guess you cant argue but I would say its a little harsh to charge someone for the upgrade. Especially if its just a few clicks with no data migration

• @Joel said: Who is paying them for the time to do this? They have to pay someone, and this will remove any profit your account was making them. If you are going to pay at the bottom end of the market, then there may not be any room left in the plans for them to accommodate such tasks freely.

This is thinking in the perspective of the provider, while every business owner knows that you should always think through the eyes of the customer and charging a fee because you want a bigger package just is very unreal. I can imagine a small fee for changing location, but expanding your package - that means you'll pay more anyway.

• @ztec said: This is thinking in the perspective of the provider

Oh yes, because the provider's perspective is completely irrelevant? You know, how they see things really has no bearing if they end up in the deadpool or not. /sarcasm

@ztec said: while every business owner knows that you should always think through the eyes of the customer

Really? Is that right? Where do people come up with this 1 line rhetorical crap?

"Every Business" ... lets see...

Do you think utility providers genuinely give a hoot what you think?

No, because guess what, if you don't pay it, you don't get it. Comprende? Monopolised industries do not care for what the customer wants, but rather what they can extract and hence price at what the market will pay and accept. My electricity rates are due to go up 10% every year for 15 years on network charges, and an additional 40% in the next 3 years on supply charges. Do you really think they're seeing it through my eyes?

@ztec said: charging a fee because you want a bigger package just is very unreal

How is this "unreal?" An individual purchases an agreed package, at an agreed rate, for 1 year. That's the agreement, if a host chooses to charge for an alteration to this agreement then that is fine. But that package is priced in a way to charge the customer, set them up, then have as little interaction with them as possible to ensure a profit on the package.

@ztec said: but expanding your package - that means you'll pay more anyway.

What sound business sense this is... not. It doesn't matter how much "more" you are spending if the provider is making a loss. For someone sprouting what "every business owner" should know you're very amateur at this.

Case in point: I sell a hard drive to a customer for $50, and I make $5. Customer wants to return the hard drive and buy a larger one for $80, however off that drive I only make $5 as well as it is a more competitive price bracket. I'm not making more money, yet you're spending more. On top of that, I still have to have a staff member restock the item. Your theory just because you're spending more at a retail level is flawed as it has no relevance to the wholesale cost.

• @Joel said: Case in point: I sell a hard drive to a customer for $50, and I make $5. Customer wants to return the hard drive and buy a larger one for $80, however off that drive I only make $5 as well as it is a more competitive price bracket. I'm not making more money, yet you're spending more. On top of that, I still have to have a staff member restock the item. Your theory just because you're spending more at a retail level is flawed as it has no relevance to the wholesale cost.

This example is just pointless. VPS's are virtual items and they have just to upgrade the item(it isin't a new product). And sure they make on this profit, they just want to make some easy cash on this. But I still agree with you that the company CAN charge an upgrade fee, however it is not really customer friendly. Also I have to admit that I'm also a happy customer of quickweb and never had problems with them.

• jhjh Member
    edited January 2012

@Christian said: VPS's are virtual items and they have just to upgrade the item(it isin't a new product). And sure they make on this profit, they just want to make some easy cash on this.

Sure, but it still costs money to have someone do the upgrade and migration, just as it costs money to restock a disk, and of course the company should make a profit on this - it's what they're in business to do :)

• @jtodd said: Sure, but it still costs money to have someone do the upgrade and migration, just as it costs money to restock a disk, and of course the company should make a profit on this - it's what they're in business to do :)

There is no migration. You just need to terminate to old one and create new one. (which is a 2-3 click proccess in WHMCS)

20$(later reduced to 10$) is a lot when your whole product is around 30$/year.