Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailcow: dockerized released - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailcow: dockerized released

2»

Comments

• WSSWSS Member

As someone who maintains Postfix and uses mutt... I.. I wanna check this out.

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited January 2017

Hello. Is there some easy way to move accounts from vimbadmin to mailcow? I have a vimbadmin platform with many accounts and passwords.

I desire to move all those accounts from vimbadmin database to mailcow database, but I experience problems with different columns and password hashes. So I wonder if by any chance there is an easy script to move accounts from vimbadmin database to mailcow database. Please note I do not wish to recreate all accounts manually.

Can anyone help? Thank you in advance for your understanding.

• What mechanism are you using for pw hashing?

• My only complain for Mailcow is SOGO's contact list won't take NoneEnglish characters as names.

• dnwk does it work in dockerized mailcow? Standard mailcow still uses latin1 for this SQL field. The dockerized version uses utf8mb4 with corresponding settings in SOGo.

• @dnwk https://i.imgur.com/Ts4A44A.png - This is Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Farsi. :)

• @Servercow said:
    dnwk does it work in dockerized mailcow? Standard mailcow still uses latin1 for this SQL field. The dockerized version uses utf8mb4 with corresponding settings in SOGo.

I have not tried dockerized. I tested it on Standard one.

• @Servercow is there a way to have sogo on OLD installation 0.13 something just upgraded to 0.14

• Not that easy. I could probably implement it for you though. I don't charge you for it, but I really need to find some time for it first.

Thanked by 1simonindia
  • @Servercow hands down, one of the best software projects I have seen. A lot of good design decision.
    I have followed your learning curve from "Docker looks awesome" to actually designing a very well implemented dockerized version of Mailcow.
    What I am missing though is the automatic reload after my letsencrypt certificates got updated.
    However, i know there exists some discrepancy in the Docker community about doing recurring jobs. Either running a cron on the host, which breaks portability and the principle of immutable infrastructure or having a container idling 24/7 and implementing Crons inside with the shared docker socket (ugly af.)...

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • @Servercow said:
    Not that easy. I could probably implement it for you though. I don't charge you for it, but I really need to find some time for it first.

I appreciate the offer but i really don't wanna bother you man

Will try my best to backup everything and transfer to new installation of mailcow with sogo is there any trick or scripts to do this smoothly

• Don't know if this is the place, but here we go...

In the dockerized version there seens to be a problem with the adjustment of the mailbox size in the domain section (max size of mailbox).

You cannot alter that, error code:
    MySQL: PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY093]: Invalid parameter number in /web/inc/functions.inc.php:3452 Stack trace: #0 /web/inc/functions.inc.php(3452): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /web/inc/triggers.inc.php(143): mailbox_edit_domain(Array) #2 /web/inc/prerequisites.inc.php(95): require_once('/web/inc/trigge...') #3 /web/mailbox.php(2): require_once('/web/inc/prereq...') #4 {main}

Any idea?

• Thanks, just fixed it. :)

• @Servercow said:
    Thanks, just fixed it. :)

indeed updated the container, and works like a charm!

• Big thanks to Yubico, price draw is coming soon!

• I am afraid I do not understand, is there some kind of lottery for those?

• @Servercow are you going to keep updating the non-docker version of MailCow?
    There are alot of reasons why you can not use the docker container (i.e. OpenVZ).

• @bohdans said:
    There are alot of reasons why you can not use the docker container (i.e. OpenVZ).

That's precisely 1 reason. Why else you can't?

• Since OpenVZ kernel 042stab105.4 it is possible to run Docker inside containers.

@Yura said:

@bohdans said:

• @marrco said:
    Since OpenVZ kernel 042stab105.4 it is possible to run Docker inside containers.

@Yura said:

@bohdans said:

If that is true, then precisely 0 reasons. Still waiting him to share his reasons.

• https://openvz.org/Docker_inside_CT

@Yura said:

@marrco said:
    Since OpenVZ kernel 042stab105.4 it is possible to run Docker inside containers.

@Yura said:

@bohdans said:

If that is true, then precisely 0 reasons. Still waiting him to share his reasons.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • I will do my best to merge the changes to the "standard" mailcow soon. But I cannot give you an ETA.

• Docker can run inside of ovz, but you cannot bridge containers. There are 11 containers in mailcow. So...

• I am not a fan of Docker. I love the standard version. Thank you for the work done so far on standard mailcow.

• Because I didn't get a response in messages:

Is v0.13.1 still safe to use? I don't like the newer version.

• I am not a fan of Docker, and already have the standard version running and do not want to have to migrate to everything to Docker version.

• @royed said:
    Docker can run inside of ovz, but you cannot bridge containers. There are 11 containers in mailcow. So...

A friend of mine has a Prometeus biz VPS, and uses mailcow-dockerized. He told me he bought a OVZ vps, not a kvm. Maybe he's wrong. Anyway ovz is just one single reason, not very important. You can buy kvm, vmware and many others. Mailcow.dockerized runs fine even on arubacloud 1eur/month vps. Docker gives you a lot of added value.