Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mailcow: dockerized released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mailcow: dockerized released

Hi,

I just released mailcow: dockerized, you may want to check it out at https://mailcow.email and https://github.com/andryyy/mailcow-dockerized

mailcow: dockerized is based on SOGo, Postfix, Dovecot, Nginx, PHP, MariaDB, Rspamd, Rmilter and more.

It sticks to Dockers "one container per service" philosophy.

Couldn't be much easier. :-) You just need Docker, Docker Compose and, well, a domain I guess.

André

Comments

• Good work on Mailcow Thank you @servercow

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Impressive work!

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Awesome...

Thank you

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • YuraYura Member
    edited December 2016

Very glad to see your project growing and maturing!

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Thank you, guys! Dockerized mailcow aims to be more scalable, clean and secure. Hope you like it.

• Yes, it is about to be merged. Rspamd + Rmilter can do everything we need at low cost. FuGlu is great software though. :)

• @servercow: i don't see anything in your documentation regarding startup scripts/etc. Comments or recommendations to have all the containers startup automatically on reboot/booting?

• ServercowServercow Member
    edited December 2016

You can run the commands as service in systemd in foreground, this would even log to journal. Like...

/etc/systemd/system/mailcow.service =>

[Unit]
    Description=mailcow
    After=docker.service
    Requires=docker.service

[Service]
    TimeoutStartSec=0
    Restart=always
    WorkingDirectory=/PATH/TO/mailcow-dockerized/
    ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/docker-compose up

[Install]
    WantedBy=multi-user.target

Run systemctl enable mailcow.service and start it.

Edit: What a bad markdown parser this forum has...

• Please add signup option and you will be our hero

edited December 2016

It is not meant for that. You would need commercial subscriptions for most dns black hole lists and some other multi domain "hacks".
    The other modules need some adjustments, too.

And whoever decides to make this a free service should really really really know what he does. I promise you will be on 20 blacklists within hours. SOGo is great, but with EAS really heavy. Just another problem.

Hosting mail is tricky and most of the time a bitch to handle. :)

I am considering it though. Just for fun. There should be (better) API, too.

• Big thumbs up for the dockerized version!

Just tried to register on the mailcow forum but I'm not getting the verification email (even checked my mailcow server logs).
    Is there a migration path from standalone-mailcow to docker-mailcow?
    And maybe add to the docs never to issue a "docker-compose down -v" unless you want to lose all emails and settings.

• Nice!

I guess it uses more ressources on the dockerized version? How much more RAM would that use?

• Very nice work! Still trying to decide if I go with Mailcow or iRedMail. Anyone with experience using both?

• look at modaboa as well, I quite like their anti-spam quarantine interface for amavisd

• Does not use many ressources, the overhead is minimal.

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • hello André, I am interested in your KVM offering. Does your web interface support English?

• Hi milo, Yes, the backend is also available in English. A better multi-lang support is planned. :)

• +1 for rspamd and it's working with less than 1 GB ram. I never used a dockerized solution, but it looks great. I think i'll be me mail server of choice. SOGo is an excellent option. Great job. Thanks, especially for using just rspamd. It's the best modern, lightweight and very complete solution.

• Thank you! The web ui will get some nice new features within the next days. One of it will be imapsync jobs to periodically pull mail from remote mailboxes.

• Just a few new features to be available soon...

U2F will also be supported as TFA.

• @Servercow IMAPSync and SOGo are the only 2 reason I run my own mailserver setup. Once you get IMAPSync, I think I'll just move over to your builds, much less work

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Servercow said: U2F will also be supported as TFA.

Is two factor authentication only coming to the dockerized version of Mailcow.

• Andre, you are a steamroller! Awesome.

Thanked by 1Servercow
    edited January 2017

I will merge all changes to mailcow "standard" soon. The changes escalated "a bit", so it will take some time.

Let me run some tests this weekend and release the dev code of dockerized mailcow to master. :)

Edit: By the way, I just added resource management to mailcow (for SOGo).

TFA with U2F usb device works like a charm, too. I am also thinking about a prize draw for 5-10 Yubikeys.

• Great job!

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • @Servercow said:
    I will merge all changes to mailcow "standard" soon. The changes escalated "a bit", so it will take some time.

Let me run some tests this weekend and release the dev code of dockerized mailcow to master. :)

Edit: By the way, I just added resource management to mailcow (for SOGo).

TFA with U2F usb device works like a charm, too. I am also thinking about a prize draw for 5-10 Yubikeys.

Looking forward to it

And i will ask my friends to contribute some thing via donate on your site

I will donate a sum soon Thank for your effort and interest in maintaining this

Thanked by 1Servercow
  • Wow, thank you!

• Okay, merged it to master, have fun with it. :)

Thanked by 1MagicalTrain
  • @Servercow said:
    Okay, merged it to master, have fun with it. :)

Quite awesome!

Will you support other 2FA methods besides Yubico and u2f?

• Yes, totally. But I need more time. I'm in two larger projects now, but I will try my best.