Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want the dirtiest dirt cheap VPS for good times - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want the dirtiest dirt cheap VPS for good times

Comments

• @mikey_2816781 said:
    Totally just made a purchase. What a cool slick interface to the console, and kudos to you that it actually works inside chromium linux! Super fast node creation, responsive enough. Already having some fun configuring it.

No complaints with Nodion. Would like IPv6 though.

• mik997 said: would you mind posting benchmark results from your new purchase .. (:

Okay what do you want me to run? I don't usually benchmark... I just go in bareback, woot

• Nevermind ... I found some people using the command/script "wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash" so I just did that.

System Info

Processor : Intel Xeon E312xx (Sandy Bridge)
    CPU Cores : 2
    Frequency : 3499.998 MHz
    Memory : 488 MB
    Swap : MB
    Uptime : 8:21,

Arch : x86_64 (64 Bit)
    Kernel : 3.10.0-514.2.2.el7.x86_64
    Hostname : removed

Speedtest (IPv4 only)

Your public IPv4 is removed

Location Provider Speed
    CDN Cachefly 52.8MB/s

Atlanta, GA, US Coloat 875KB/s
    Dallas, TX, US Softlayer 7.70MB/s
    Seattle, WA, US Softlayer 7.41MB/s
    San Jose, CA, US Softlayer 8.04MB/s
    Washington, DC, US Softlayer 7.90MB/s

Tokyo, Japan Linode 6.00MB/s
    Singapore Softlayer 363KB/s

Rotterdam, Netherlands id3.net 40.2MB/s
    Haarlem, Netherlands Leaseweb 61.1MB/s

Disk Speed

I/O (1st run) : 107 MB/s
    I/O (2nd run) : 118 MB/s
    I/O (3rd run) : 97.1 MB/s
    Average I/O : 107.367 MB/s

I know it's not killer, but it seems great for the price. I don't know why the benchmarker didn't know I have a swapfile enabled though. But yeah.

Thanked by 1mik997
  • @mikey_2816781 said:
    The cheapest one on luna is $3.6/month. I already have one for $3.5/mo. I want cheaperrrrrr. Like so cheap, the website on it goes down 3x a day and the support tickets just come back as "lol"

May shoot a mail to Johny boy then..

• Nodion has a nice UI. It is the least complicated VPS UI that I have ever seen.
    Machine setup was quick, you can even boot from their ISOs (including FreeBSD) and partition your VM as you wish. So it is a very nice playground. Only rDNS and IPv6 are missing.

• 64mb RAM, $1/year. No OS ;)

• @VortexMagnus said:
    64mb RAM, $1/year. No OS ;)

I propose wgetOS. It shall download a speedtest script and try to execute it.

Then forget all about it for 11.5 months until the invoice.

Thanked by 1Lunar
  • @jenkki said:
    https://billing.piohost.co.uk/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Someone sell £1 per month 256 Mb

Im glad to see that you have noticed our company, these are not KVM they are LXC however if you contact us we can do a KVM to as we have the server but have yet to release the plans as were still working out prices.

• Sounds like a nice host. Probably not as dirty nor cheap than (already recommended) cloudatcost.

I mean YOU WANT IT DIRTY OR NOT? NO KIDDING, THIS IS LET!

Thanked by 1mik997
  • @mikey_2816781 said:
    I know it's not killer, but it seems great for the price. I don't know why the benchmarker didn't know I have a swapfile enabled though. But yeah.

hey for €1 /mo it's fine and NL connectivity looks good too .. I may just ask Santa for one of these as a stocking filler .. ;P

• @datanoise said:
    Sounds like a nice host. Probably not as dirty nor cheap than (already recommended) cloudatcost.

I mean YOU WANT IT DIRTY OR NOT? NO KIDDING, THIS IS LET!

we want the best of both worlds - dirt cheap but still 99.999% reliable lol

Thanked by 1datanoise
  • Incredibly dirty cheap and performant. I promise you'll get actual support and not "lol" responses though :)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/99030/incredible-offers-aren-t-over-yet-6gb-21-yr-2gb-kvm-39-99-yr-limited-stock/p1

Roilan

• mikey_2816781mikey_2816781 Member
    edited December 2016

@jenkki said:

Those bandwidth/disk caps are unfathomably low... wow

@oz42 said:
    Nodion has a nice UI. It is the least complicated VPS UI that I have ever seen.
    Machine setup was quick, you can even boot from their ISOs (including FreeBSD) and partition your VM as you wish. So it is a very nice playground. Only rDNS and IPv6 are missing.

Yeah I'm really quite pleased with it, except yeah, the IPv6. I was kinda hoping for IPv6-only just to experiment with.

@VortexMagnus said:
    64mb RAM, $1/year. No OS ;)

Honestly I am simply not that cool. I'm unable to go lower than 256mb realistically right now.

@tragic said:
    Incredibly dirty cheap and performant. I promise you'll get actual support and not "lol" responses though :)

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/99030/incredible-offers-aren-t-over-yet-6gb-21-yr-2gb-kvm-39-99-yr-limited-stock/p1

Roilan

Shhhhhh!!! I already have a vps with you! lol

• PioHostPioHost Member
    edited December 2016

@mikey_2816781 said:

@jenkki said:

This is the cost to having a stable network and not overselling, everything is a dedicated resource on our servers, os reinstalls take about 10 seconds and we provision your vps in around 5 seconds from successful payment.

if you want more bandwidth i can do that but would have to work something our space wise as true raid10 SSD is not cheap unless oversold and we dont allow overselling on any of our nodes.

• @piohost said:

@mikey_2816781 said:

@jenkki said:

This is the cost to having a stable network and not overselling, everything is a dedicated resource on our servers, os reinstalls take about 10 seconds and we provision your vps in around 5 seconds from successful payment.

if you want more bandwidth i can do that but would have to work something our space wise as true raid10 SSD is not cheap unless oversold and we dont allow overselling on any of our nodes.

Well that's good to know and I'll keep you in mind for a different future purchase.

• Thanks, we use LXC which does allow for overselling but we dont do it, im always willing to offer a trial and custom packages, we also offer kvm however they are not public as again its custom. if your interested i have a promo running "LUCKYVPS" makes first month only 0.01 ;)

Thanked by 1mik997
  • @mikey_2816781

Grab another :)

Roilan

• @piohost said:
    Thanks, we use LXC which does allow for overselling but we dont do it, im always willing to offer a trial and custom packages, we also offer kvm however they are not public as again its custom. if your interested i have a promo running "LUCKYVPS" makes first month only 0.01 ;)

what's the spec again?

• max spec to order is 1gb ram, 20gb ssd 1ipv4, however these can all be upgraded on the fly for your needs. i know the specs are low but these are just our ssd prices

Thanked by 1mik997
  • https://theforevercloud.com/#hosting

Norway $60 One time (currently out of stock) Similar with CloudAtCost :)

• @piohost said:
    max spec to order is 1gb ram, 20gb ssd 1ipv4, however these can all be upgraded on the fly for your needs. i know the specs are low but these are just our ssd prices

me like low cheap spec vps :) but must be reliable ..

• the only way is proof, if you would like to use code "LUCKYVPS" and get the first month for 0.01 £/$ then you can try it risk free, we also offer 30 day money back guarantee.

• @piohost ever though of oh I don't know -getting a PROVIDER TAG?

• i have never used this site before i noticed traffic from here so i checked it out to reply to some people mentioning our company. Its been a busy day so im just trying to reply to people, if im in the wrong please let me know and i will amend my posts

• @piohost if you get a provider tag then you can even make posts offering your vps etc etc. So you may want to do that for the future. People like seeing the provider tag when people make offers to sell things.

Thanked by 1mik997
  • Thank you for the advice i will certainly do that :D

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2016

The VPS should be old, secondhand, previously used in a gang(bang) related burglarsonarceny.

• @piohost said:
    the only way is proof, if you would like to use code "LUCKYVPS" and get the first month for 0.01 £/$ then you can try it risk free, we also offer 30 day money back guarantee.

just after spinning up an ultra dirt cheap €0.02 VPS :) time to catch some zzzzzz's will post a bench later today ..

• Mikey, if you want a cheap IPv6 playground then order a KVM at Arubacloud in England, they offer IPv6 there.