Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I want the dirtiest dirt cheap VPS for good times
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

I want the dirtiest dirt cheap VPS for good times

mikey_2816781mikey_2816781 Member
edited December 2016 in Providers

Hey all,

I already have several VPSes, but I have the urge to get another one after learning how to install CentOS with as little as 256mb ram. I was wondering if you all have any leads on a VPS so cheap that it makes you laugh and yell "Hahaaaaaaaaa vps'ing is amazing!"

My only real requirements are KVM, and slightly more than 10GB of disk space, since I might try moving my personal cloud there, if it's not too unstable. I'd even like to see if I can learn to work with an IPv6 only VPS, if any exist. The ability to somehow load in my own drive image would be fun to play with since I've never done that with a VPS before, but not required.

I was thinking of also trying "Low End Spirit"(?) but haven't purchased anything yet.

Waddaya think!?

VPS Interest Survey
  1. How much do you love VPS'ing?76 votes
    1. So much
      40.79%
    2. More than life itself!!!
      10.53%
    3. I am an unhappy man
      48.68%

Comments

• NickNick Member, Patron Provider

How dirty you want it?

• So dirty ....

• Take the poll everyone

• hzrhzr Member
    edited December 2016

luna node for own iso + kvm + cheap + ipv4

not very slutty though

Thanked by 1GCat
  • The cheapest one on luna is $3.6/month. I already have one for $3.5/mo. I want cheaperrrrrr. Like so cheap, the website on it goes down 3x a day and the support tickets just come back as "lol"

Thanked by 3Lex Janevski Bobby_T
  • I was thinking dirty as in a rusty bag of broken hammers, but okay..

• Joshua Prout businesses are the best dirty shit that you can find. But they're literal shit, not your normal shit.

• Yeah I just want to tiny vps ... not my money stolen

• Thanked by 1ATHK
  • You could try LittleHappyCloud, check if it has stock. If you want to go dirtier, either you need to go to Thailand, or get a box from hAx0rHost.

• @mikey_2816781 said:
    The cheapest one on luna is $3.6/month. I already have one for $3.5/mo. I want cheaperrrrrr. Like so cheap, the website on it goes down 3x a day and the support tickets just come back as "lol"

I can recommend a few places I've found from LET..

• I believe you're referring to the @Nekki BDSM BDDS (backdoor dirty sanchez) VPS special.

• mikey_2816781mikey_2816781 Member
    edited December 2016

@bugrakoc said:
    You could try LittleHappyCloud, check if it has stock. If you want to go dirtier, either you need to go to Thailand, or get a box from hAx0rHost.

lul what

• Oh that's not cool. @AnthonySmith you might want to take a look.

• If you want dirty, cheap, filthy, scummy, rock bottom price VPSes, try cloudatcost.com

not sure if KVM though

• @hostnoob said:
    If you want dirty, cheap, filthy, scummy, rock bottom price VPSes, try cloudatcost.com

not sure if KVM though

Isn't it scam? 2 public IPs for $7 one time fee? I would steer clear of it, no one wants THAT filthy shit.

• @bugrakoc said:

@hostnoob said:
    If you want dirty, cheap, filthy, scummy, rock bottom price VPSes, try cloudatcost.com

not sure if KVM though

Isn't it scam? 2 public IPs for $7 one time fee? I would steer clear of it, no one wants THAT filthy shit.

..especially when it's actually $35!

• WSSWSS Member
    edited December 2016

Personally, I'd suggest QH's i83 line if you can handle IPv4 via NAT, and want to primarily do IPv6.

https://quadhost.net/account/cart.php?gid=19 - starts at about $3/yr.

E: Not KVM. I forgotted. Brain broked.

• @WSS said:

@bugrakoc said:

@hostnoob said:

not sure if KVM though

..especially when it's actually $35!

80% discount

Btw, just to make it clear I've never used Cloudatcost and would not usually recommend them, except this seems to be the kind of thing the OP wants

• I would more concern about the quality specs and price than solely the price.

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@hostnoob said:

80% discount

Btw, just to make it clear I've never used Cloudatcost and would not usually recommend them, except this seems to be the kind of thing the OP wants

Don't, just.. don't. I think op wants a dirt cheap vps to play with, those can be had with decent providers.

@VirMach needs some nutty Christmas specials, but you can get like 256-512MB VPS's for $5-8/year when they run those promos.

• @mikey_2816781 said:
    . I want cheaperrrrrr. Like so cheap, the website on it goes down 3x a day and the support tickets just come back as "lol"

Wrong assumption here.
    What you want is a host where support tickets don't come back because the guys are busy with their real jobs.

• You can't go wrong with ArubaCloud. I have a VPS with them and it's rock solid.

1 Core E5-2650L v3
    1 GB RAM
    20 GB SSD Storage
    2TB traffic/month

€1,00/month

Thanked by 2mik997 raynor
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

The container running the site was corrupted when the ssd cache died in dallas.

LHC Site is not returning as it was kind of a sister product to LES so it will be incorporated into that.

I will get a redirect done.

Thanks for the thread... I guess

• What have I walked into?

dons party hat.

• Thank you everyone for your suggestions and banter!

Totally just made a purchase. What a cool slick interface to the console, and kudos to you that it actually works inside chromium linux! Super fast node creation, responsive enough. Already having some fun configuring it.

Sidenote: Would you mind if I seeded some Linux ISOs at a few hundred KB/s? It's okay if no. Just asking :-D

• @Wicked said:
    You can't go wrong with ArubaCloud. I have a VPS with them and it's rock solid.

1 Core E5-2650L v3
    1 GB RAM
    20 GB SSD Storage
    2TB traffic/month

€1,00/month

Why do they want a "national ID" on the registration page? I'm not looking to give out my SSN. But thank you for the suggestion. It does look nice.

• @mikey_2816781 said:

@Wicked said:
    You can't go wrong with ArubaCloud. I have a VPS with them and it's rock solid.

1 Core E5-2650L v3
    1 GB RAM
    20 GB SSD Storage
    2TB traffic/month

€1,00/month

Why do they want a "national ID" on the registration page? I'm not looking to give out my SSN. But thank you for the suggestion. It does look nice.

It's a huge company so it's not really a risk, they have routines. But I only had to verify a text message to get my account.

• @mikey_2816781 said:
    Thank you everyone for your suggestions and banter!

Totally just made a purchase. What a cool slick interface to the console, and kudos to you that it actually works inside chromium linux! Super fast node creation, responsive enough. Already having some fun configuring it.

Sidenote: Would you mind if I seeded some Linux ISOs at a few hundred KB/s? It's okay if no. Just asking :-D

@mikey_2816781 would you mind posting benchmark results from your new purchase .. (:

(I'm thinking about spinning up a VPS on this provider - the lg perf is good)