Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best VPS Provider Of Those - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best VPS Provider Of Those

2»

Comments

• DylanDylan Member
    edited April 2013

@camarg said: The offers you're looking at are obviously oversold and not so stable.

My OVerZold VPS has been performing every bit as well (I/O speed is almost consistently identical) and has been every bit as stable as my OpenVZ Hostigation server -- and I think most people would agree that Hostigation is pretty "premium" as far as LEB providers go.

I can't speak for Waveride or EDIS, but my expectations have been blown away by OVerZold. Prometeus clearly knows what they're doing.

• @Dylan How long are you using overzold services?

I'll just quote some text from http://overzold.com/ frontpage in case you didn't read it

OVerZold was born as a brand to promote VPS services with a lot of overcommitted resources. We keep servers running at 70-100% usage all the time while keeping performances under control balancing containers over different nodes when required..

Does this mean my VPS doesn't work when I need it? No, it simply means that at times stuffs are slower than usual or your vps can be moved to different nodes when resources are balanced and for this you will pay a lower price than a regular, not OVerZold, VPS.

• DylanDylan Member
    edited April 2013

@camarg, are you trying to tell me that my experience isn't what I've actually experienced? Because that would be pretty silly. And I've been using it since the service was launched. Have you even used them at all?

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited April 2013

We can offer you a deal as follows:

• 1 cPanel License (worth $15 /mo.)
    • Softaculous License (worth $1.50 /mo.)
    • 1 Blue3 VPS (worth $7.50 /mo.) -- Your choice of 6 locations.

Total Price: $17.50 /mo

VPS Specs:

1024 MB of Guaranteed RAM
    2048 MB of Burstable RAM
    3 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
    1 IP Address
    50 GB of Disk
    2 TB of Bandwidth

• I have an OverZold server aswell.. and can agree with @Dylan. I'm blown away. It's stable and everything.

Id go for OverZold, then EDIS, then last resort CVPS.

@camarg I don't know what your experiences are.. but their obviously oversold.. Yet I've had nothing but stable.

• @Amitz said: I would not touch ChicagoVPS with a 30ft pole - not least because one of their representatives (Chris) behaves like an open trouser over here.

That's what I thought, but despite how Chris may appear here, the server I got from them is performing very well (connectivity could be better, though).

I'd always vouch for OVerZold or WaveRide, though, if you're looking for an EU-based VPS. Both great providers. I'm personally a big fan of Prometeus, who run OVerZold.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited April 2013

Thank you everyone :)
    Yes, OVerZold has been performing better than we expected too.
    New nodes come with SAN storage which may mean slower "DD tests", but with good IOPS and less headaches about failed raids as well as scalability.
    http://www.sandirect.com/hitachi-unified-storage-150-p-1801.html
    This baby costs an arm and a leg but does the job well.
    Other than that, I agree CVPS does better than the average review here, in short, you get good service for the money.

• I will try Overzold to check thier servers ..

@BlueVM said: We can offer you a deal as follows:

1 cPanel License (worth $15 /mo.)

Softaculous License (worth $1.50 /mo.)
    1 Blue3 VPS (worth $7.50 /mo.) -- Your choice of 6 locations.
    Total Price: $17.50 /mo

VPS Specs:

1024 MB of Guaranteed RAM

2048 MB of Burstable RAM
    3 CPU @ 2.0+ Ghz
    1 IP Address
    50 GB of Disk
    2 TB of Bandwidth

Your Offer is Good .. i will send you E-mail .