Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Claims to Change - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Claims to Change

2»

Comments

• Back in the day, they were pretty reliable. I used their services and I was satisfied, even though it was nothing in production, I have to add. I prefer this kind of business over fly bi night hosts or teenagers who consider themselves CEOs of a so called web hosting business.

Hope they can keep their promises.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Mun said: If it was, don't you think they would have actually made it a worthwhile review with actual data?

We've seen paid reviews that were a couple of lines, it happens. You don't get a lot of $5.

I don't personally think it was a 'paid' review though, although the poster's behaviour was very suspicious. Who signs up a forum, posts a review the same day, then doesn't come back to look at the feedback? Bizarre.

• LeeLee Veteran

Nekki said: You don't get a lot of $5

Lies. Do you even fiver.com?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • W1V_Lee said: Lies. Do you even fiver.com?

Not for ages in all fairness.

• Nekki said: I don't personally think it was a 'paid' review though, although the poster's behaviour was very suspicious. Who signs up a forum, posts a review the same day, then doesn't come back to look at the feedback? Bizarre.

The reality is I'd rather have had no review than that review.

Thanked by 3Lee Maounique jvnadr
  • BlueVM said: The reality is I'd rather have had no review than that review.

Any idea why someone would do it? Have you been reaching out to customers to provide reviews, something like that?

• Lets sum up this thread.

Same sh*t new thread.

• MunMun Member

@Nekki said:
    Any idea why someone would do it? Have you been reaching out to customers to provide reviews, something like that?

I'm not sure how he works do that, nor would it be professional to do.

• Mun said: I'm not sure how he works do that, nor would it be professional to do.

I don't see an issue with asking customers for reviews. Offering rewards or paying for them is clearly wrong, but simply asking for a review is no worse than providers asking for a vote in the top providers poll, IMO.

• Falzo said: probably because of $0,75 per each first quarter...

Hell yeah! I have 2 in ZU that I might keep is they stay good.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Nekki said:
    I don't see an issue with asking customers for reviews. Offering rewards or paying for them is clearly wrong, but simply asking for a review is no worse than providers asking for a vote in the top providers poll, IMO.

This ^^ I see messages on the bottom of tickets at some providers asking for reviews, without any reward.

The risk of course is that you do get a genuine client writing a review that as @BlueVM says is one you would prefer not to have been written.

• BlueVM said: The reality is I'd rather have had no review than that review.

How about this one?

I've been a client since 2012, with a 128MB KVM that costs me a whopping $15/year.

It performs very well, is online generally more than 99.5% every month (often 99.9x%), and the few times I've had an issue support has responded in a timely and professional manner.

Over the years I've used it for a variety of purposes -- mostly related to web & mail development. Whenever I've needed it, it's been there, and it's handled whatever I've thrown at it. I've been impressed at what this little box can do.

I've bought many LEBs that haven't delivered nearly the value that I've received from BlueVM.

Best of luck in the future!

• bf1bf1 Member
    edited January 2015

I will give them a try as soon as there is something available in Switzerland. They've had some problems lately but well I see they are trying to fix them, and not take off like most people do.

• emgemg Veteran
    edited January 2015

This is my personal opinion only. I read good and bad in BlueVM's announcement:

The Good:

• Added staff.

• Faster ticket response times based on @LinuxTheFish 's experience.

• Improved monitoring, including faster downtime alerts. (Hard to define, but let's take their word for it.)

The Bad:

• Working on a new server build to increase uptime and prevent abuse. I wish they had saved this announcement for when the new server build is actually deployed, tested, and shown to be good.

• New, fantastic low price offer. This follows the pattern of the past, where they publish amazing low price offers when things seem to be at their worst. I can see that it brings in needed cash, but at what risk? Will the flood of abusers return? When you are bailing out the boat as fast as you can, do you really want another tidal wave to come crashing down? (No pun intended.)

Hopefully the signs of improvement are meaningful and long lasting, but I agree that the jury is still out. BlueVM seems to have learned some lessons from the past, but are also repeating some old bad habits. Still, I wish them well.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited January 2015

I dunno but for $3 for a 2G KVM for 3 months, if it's 50% uptime I'll be happy.

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@jcaleb said:
    Last time I was with them they don't have autoboot. Maybe ask dewlance for help

AutoBook Technology is not for sale.

• @DewlanceVPS said:
    AutoBook Technology is not for sale.

AutoBook yea

Thanked by 4Nekki netomx Pwner berkay
  • Their service was good in 2013 and got quite worse in 2014.

And whenever they had a sale the performance dropped beyond the bearable.
    I remeber the times when the ssh login lasts more than 30 seconds...

Hopefully they recover ... but starting with a sale looks not promising.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited January 2015

@emg, @wlanboy

The discount is only applicable on the first cycle's billing after which the price returns to normal. Sometimes it's important to get customers to try the service out and make them feel like they belong and they should stay.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

BlueVM said: Sometimes it's important to get customers to try the service out and make them feel like they belong and they should stay.

90% never worked for us, got mostly abusers and people which never renewed. Literally, nobody renewed at full price.
    Up to 50% it is possible, we are running such a promo now, but beyond that it starts to be a very serious loss, especially from abuse.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • I'm just going to wait for a yearly promo that's ~$10 ish.

• Maounique said: we are running such a promo now

tempting, if only I'd know what to use another vps for, I'd really go for those 40% on xenpower...

• emgemg Veteran

@BlueVM said:

emg, wlanboy

The discount is only applicable on the first cycle's billing after which the price returns to normal. Sometimes it's important to get customers to try the service out and make them feel like they belong and they should stay.

It is your business to run as you wish. I fear that you get many low quality customers who will cause you support issues and lots of trouble, but with a low retention rate. The teaming hordes of new customers will consume your resources, demand the unreasonable, overwhelm your systems, and then post bad experiences on LET and WHT, whether valid or not.

It is a strategy that failed in the past, so I am not sure why repeating it is such a good idea. Nonetheless, the die is cast, so lets see what happens. Good luck!

Thanked by 1default
  • well i order bluevm server 1 week ago because of the promotion... actually i plan to use it as my vpn server since it have LA location so this is my experience in 1st week...

-they have network problem where my node is S11-CA... they announce it in client area on 3/1/2015 but until the time i open ticket at 01/06/2015 01:05 the network still have problem with more than 40% lost... as today the network get better with only <5% loss and the ticket that i send yesterday still no response although its written that technical support is 24/7...

well i wont complain much since i got 3month 512mb package for <$2

• That is exactly BlueVM problem. They have extremely low prices so support is not included in their offers. If a customer has issues, that customer must wait a week in order to solve them. Sometimes network issues get solved by the datacenter during that week, even before BlueVM replies to ticket. In my conclusion, if you want many VPS issues at extremely low prices, BlueVM and GVH are the way to go.

• @default said:
    In my conclusion, if you want many VPS issues at extremely low prices, BlueVM and GVH are the way to go.

In my conclusion, you haven't shopped around enough OR you like setting fire to your money.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Nekki said:
    In my conclusion, you haven't shopped around enough OR you like setting fire to your money.

Oh well... it is my money. I can afford to test offers.

• default said: I can afford to test offers.

Test some more then. You'll find offers as cheap as BlueVM and GVH that are better.