Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM Claims to Change
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM Claims to Change

noisycodenoisycode Member
edited January 2015 in Providers

Just received a mail from BlueVM cliaming that new stuff are brought about, and that things are going to be better. So... would you give it a shot?

The mail is attached below:

Hello,

It's a new year and I'd like to discuss some of the changes we're making around BlueVM to make our services better for each of our clients. Last year we didn't live up to our expectations and we're working incredibly hard to change that in the coming year. Here's a quick overview of the changes we're making:

We've brought on three additional staff members; two support technicians and a dedicated systems administrator. We've also introduced higher monitoring and faster system down alerts.

In addition we're working on a new server build which when complete should make our systems have increased uptime and prevent abuse. We're about to start having customers test out our new builds so if you're interested feel free to email [email protected].

Which leads me to my next point: If there's something you feel we can improve on feel free to let us know and we'll gladly look into it. It's our mission to provide you with great support and uptime... if for some reason we aren't living up to that let me know and I'll fix it.

Finally to welcome in the new year we're offering 90% off all of our VPS plans (for either the first month or first quarter of the year). You can use the coupon code: 90PERCENT while checking out to get this discount applied to your invoice. That means you can order a BLUE4 quarterly for $3.00 for the beginning of the year.

Please feel free to submit a ticket with us if you have any questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
The BlueVM Staff
https://bluevm.com

Comments

• noisycodenoisycode Member
    edited January 2015

• Sounds good. BlueVM is a pretty good host when I used them back in the day. Hopefully they can move forward with better uptime and support.

• Report back after 3-4 months.

• :) I like when someone seems to care about their business. But I would not try them for another 2-5 years.

Thanked by 2default switsys
  • Yeah, I'm going to wait at least 3 months before making even a preliminary decision on whether they've changed.

• @4n0nx said:
    :) I like when someone seems to care about their business. But I would not try them for another 2-5 years.

Fo that long, are you serious?:)

• had 3 servers with them, and just got my 2gb kvm, fast activation thx :D

• There are plenty of decent providers about, so now BlueVM have lost my trust, unless they can come up with a decent USP to convince me otherwise they're dead to me.

Thanked by 2default switsys
  • @rds100 said:
    Report back after 3-4 months.

@Nekki said:
    There are plenty of decent providers about, so now BlueVM have lost my trust, unless they can come up with a decent USP to convince me otherwise they're dead to me.

I still have my Swiss server with them and I'll definitely be keeping that, so in a couple of months I'll be able to update everyone on how well it goes :-)

• @arest said:
    had 3 servers with them, and just got my 2gb kvm, fast activation thx :D

You do realize that it's all automated activation...

• Last time I was with them they don't have autoboot. Maybe ask dewlance for help

• arestarest Member
    edited January 2015

@camjac251
    yeah at least i can login and setup this new one :D

Little benchmark, LA node

CPU model : QEMU Virtual CPU version 1.5.0
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency : 2099.998 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 2012 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1707 MB
    System uptime : 5 min,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 82.1MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 30.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 39.3MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 7.92MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 4.65MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 9.84MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 6.24MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 48.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 85.5MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 24.8MB/s
    I/O speed : 185 MB/s

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2015

nvm. read to fast...

• @Falzo said:
    4 GB KVM, Buffalo, one year with 90% off = 12,50$ ... uff.

sadly there is no kvm in new jersey, thats something I would give try ;-)

link?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited January 2015

just looked at their site, special offers... didn't try if the coupon really works for this though...

sorry, probably read above mail to fast, it should be first quarter of the year, not the first year after all.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

If it was recurring discount... :)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Starting the new year... with paid fake reviews: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/842735/#Comment_842735

• @AnthonySmith said:
    Starting the new year... with paid fake reviews: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/842735/#Comment_842735

Wow, is that proved a fake review after all?

• @noisycode said:

He posted the review a few hours after signing up. He never returned...... or gave real evidence. Plus the use of think Uptime Robot is accurate is taking the piss

• Well, I remember I already got an "we are so sorry everything will change" email. Of course nothing has changed :)

• I'm not saying it's a paid review - of course, I have no way of knowing or proving that. My point was just that if it was, it failed.

As for the OP, well it's clear in our rules that a ban is a potential outcome. I suspect it's worthless, as the guy will likely never return, but we'll see.

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • MunMun Member

I really doubt it was a paid review. If it was, don't you think they would have actually made it a worthwhile review with actual data? Instead they made a few lines of ohh its a good service.

Just some thoughts for all you tin foil hatters.

• Honestly, I sincerely wish them the best. Having invested a lot of time and financial resources improving our business and services, I can see where they're coming from.

Good luck, BlueVM! May 2015 be a good and successful year to you!

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Had service with BlueVM a few years ago. Got a few servers on a LEB sale and I was happy with their locations and performance.

After the migration to Feathur I somehow lost all server I had active. I didn't notice for a while since I was only using them for testing stuff and then shutting them down.

Took a long time to get the servers back after submitting a ticket (mostly because the specs were different from the current package with the same name).

When they finally were ready to use I was no longer happy with the performance and decided to cancel them all.

Will probably sign up again sometime in the near future (need a promo that looks good to me) since I get the feeling from past experince that Justin is a stand up guy who got to much on his hands this last year.

• I've just bought 9 new OpenVZ's in different locations under this deal, they all work fine without issues apart from one that had a nullrouted IP - this was replaced in 20 mins through ticket.

Added them to uptimerobot and observium, I'll see how they are!

• @Mun said:
    I really doubt it was a paid review. If it was, don't you think they would have actually made it a worthwhile review with actual data? Instead they made a few lines of ohh its a good service.

Just some thoughts for all you tin foil hatters.

Not saying it was paid either, but some believe that even bad publicity is good...it sure got everyone talking about them again.

• Once lost, trust is very hard to get back.

Thanked by 3netomx ucxo gestiondbi
  • theyve never been good so I find it hard to believe they will somehow get there.

• @linuxthefish said:
    I've just bought 9 new OpenVZ's in different locations under this deal

Whyyy??

• probably because of $0,75 per each first quarter...