Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A TRUE honest VPSDime review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A TRUE honest VPSDime review

So I have been using their services for almost a month now and I can honestly say that I am not at all pleased.

Their support
Yes, they are pretty quick when answering tickets from what I've seen so far (could be that I just caught them when they were there), but the concept of quality over quantity means nothing to them.

They actually answered one of my tickets where I confronted them with a problem with "That sucks" and referred me to their ToS. They are anything but helpful. These people are rude and not at all professional.

The quality of their products
They are clearly overselling. I mean, yes, you do get what you bought, but the quality of it is really not as good as you'd expect when you read their site. Running small web-based apps is damn near impossible as the network does not allow for it. It lags pretty much every hour. I even hosted a website on my VPS for a brief period of time when I noticed that it was going slower on that VPS than on my shared hosting package.

The possibilities of their products
Well, the possibilities are extremely limited. You are not allowed to host any type of game server, voice server or application that requires a bit of CPU and traffic resources, even though you supposedly have 1Gbit of 10Gbit network at your disposal (it doesn't show).

So in conclusion: you get what you pay for. For 7$ minimum you get an oversold budget VPS with very little possibilities, a poor network and mediocre (at best) support.

My advice is to keep looking and perhaps invest a few more dollars so that you can get yourself a decent VPS somewhere else.

Thanked by 1Noerman

Comments

• serverianserverian Member
    edited April 2015

Sorry to see you had trouble. May I know your ticket ID please?

Edit: Nevermind. I've found it. The TOS is pretty clear. We do not allow Teamspeak and you have been notified that we don't and you kept asking the same thing and you received the same responses.

I'm not sure what's wrong here. You were running an application that's not allowed by our TOS and were complaining about it getting lagged. We limit the UDP connections to filter small UDP flood. That's why UDP heavy applications like Teamspeak will lag.

I've gone ahead and refunded your payment. Please read the TOS before ordering a service.

Edit 2: You have contacted us one time and you have the VPS for only 12 days, not almost a month as you have claimed.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited April 2015

I apologize that my response was a bit terse, however, Teamspeak is clearly prohibited in our terms of service. I would imagine that you won't get a favorable response from most hosts when you state that you're willfully doing something that you agreed with the host that you wouldn't do.

Also, it appears that you used the service for less than two weeks, and near as I can tell, no ticket was opened regarding your website being slow. We're always here to help (although not for things we don't allow, obviously).

Thanked by 2staticsafe lbft
  • ATHKATHK Member

Nice one guys, love your service.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • impzzimpzz Member

None of the things I've tried on your VPS have worked. Hosting a simple Wordpress website was slower than on my Shared Hosting package, running a simple web-app was also impossible because it kept timing out.

If that is not enough; you are limiting your customers so much that there is almost nothing left for them to do than to hosts sites and apps that don't even run properly on your VPS'.

• @impzz said:
    None of the things I've tried on your VPS have worked. Hosting a simple Wordpress website was slower than on my Shared Hosting package, running a simple web-app was also impossible because it kept timing out.

If that is not enough; you are limiting your customers so much that there is almost nothing left for them to do than to hosts sites and apps that don't even run properly on your VPS'.

Did you optimized Webserver (apache, nginx or others) and php in your VPS?. If not, no reason to tell wordpress slower (because no optimizing) in VPS than in shared hosting (because already optimizing).

Thanked by 1jar
  • @impzz said:

As Damian said, we are always here to help to solve your issues with the software that are allowed. We are only a ticket away.

We are hosting a few thousand VPS's for 1.5 years and it'd be very weird if none of these people would have been able to run what they wanted and still kept paying us. Don't you think? :)

Yes, we are limiting what we think would hurt the quality and uptime of our service and we make those very clear in our TOS which you should read before purchasing.

I think that you are a bit upset because of our limitations. There are plenty of good hosts in this community who can accommodate you with Teamspeak and Minecraft and other stuff that we don't allow. You can check the top providers polls. Just ignore the second one ;)

• @impzz You can't even skim a TOS, so I doubt you know how to optimize WordPress or other web apps for a high memory environment.

You didn't read the TOS, ya dun goofed - don't take it out on the host.

The service is meant for those types of people that want to host sites and apps that can utilize a ton of memory - not CPU & memory & IO intensive stuff running 24/7 - it's why you're getting gigs of memory for pennies.

I ran multiple moderately trafficked sites on a single instance, with a highly optimized stack for WP, with ridiculously fast page loads (static cache in ram).

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I always consider @serverian a friend, and he knows I won't hesitate to tell him he's wrong in public if I think he is :P

He's not wrong here. Reviews are appreciated, keep them coming. There are not enough here. However, you should learn from this that a VPS is not instantly an upgrade from shared hosting, especially if you are not a master at optimization and your site is built with poor optimization. Also, policy is policy.

Welcome to the world of unmanaged VPS. You will soon learn that support is minimalistic for a reason, and that reason is to give you the product at reduced cost. Support takes people and time, and those things cost money.

Keep learning, keep reviewing, and welcome :)

• CrabCrab Member

I have had 9 boxes with Oktay on different nodes for more than a year and I've never had any issues with either uptime, network or support. It is hard to find proper price vs quality ratio, but with Nodisto brand services it is very close to optimal.

Like the people above have stated, perhaps you should look elsewhere to find providers who allow your type of applications.

Thanked by 2Maounique serverian
  • @impzz Do you know how to install and configure and optimize your WordPress correctly? Even my 128 MB RAM VPS can handle few small WordPress sites smoothly.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran

I would have to disagree with the OP as I have been with VPSDime for about a year and a half and my VPS has always been extremely stable and reliable. The few times I needed support, for migration or upgrades, they have always been professional and helpful.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • yomeroyomero Member
    edited April 2015

impzz said: You are not allowed to host any type of game server

Apparently on their budget plans you are allowed, is that right?

• I had a VPSDime 6GB SSD for over a year. I have been able to run over twenty crypto wallets simultaneously and hosted a web app without a problem.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Most complaints about VPSDime/Winity/etc are just end user problems anyways.

Thanked by 3ATHK serverian netomx
  • blackblack Member

@serverian please tell me your coming back to LET.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • VPSDime is a great provider. If you're friendly to the support and don't annoy them, they'll be helpful and friendly as well. Got the 7$/y VPS by them and it's just awesome what you can get for such less money. Got an uptime of nearly 100 days now. If I hadn't reboot it, it would easily be much longer. I got the VPS as mail Server, for some websites and for backups and it does its job quite well. Thanks VPSDime!

Thanked by 1serverian
  • JahAGRJahAGR Member
    edited April 2015

My 6GB dime runs great and handles big traffic spikes effortlessly (nice network)

My cheapass $7/year vpsdime birthday special performs better than many other $7/mo VPSes i've used

Total satisfaction.

Thanked by 1serverian
  • I've not had any issues running a cPanel install with some business sites on there, been perfect for me (since early September).

Thanked by 1serverian
  • Thanks for the support guys! Greatly appreciated.

@black said:
    serverian please tell me your coming back to LET.

I'm sorry to say, unfortunately, no. Maybe in the future...

• kamalkamal Member

I wonder why their site was down since last 45 minutes

• Great follow up responses from the web masters.
    Move on. Look for a teamspeak specific web host.

This discussion has been closed.