Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[VertHosting] $7/month 1GB Xen VPS deal
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[VertHosting] $7/month 1GB Xen VPS deal

exextaticexextatic Member
edited July 2012 in Offers

Hello all,

First time posting our deals here so hope it all goes well.
Vert Hosting LTD is a New Zealand based, registered company selling Xen PV VPS and Minecraft servers.
We offer servers in both France and Germany, and hope to expand to other parts of the world in the near future.

To view all the VPSs we sell at our locations, here are the links:
-France: https://my.verthosting.com/cart.php?gid=1
-Germany: https://my.verthosting.com/cart.php?gid=3

The deal we're running today is our Xen 1024 plan at $7 USD a month recurring using the code CHEAP1024.
Here are the specifications of the Xen 1024 plan:
-1 fair-share CPU cores
-1024 MB of dedicated RAM
-50 GB of disk space
-850 GB of transfer
-100 megabit uplink
-Order now: France Germany

Please note that our VPS servers are not automatically deployed so as to prevent fraudulent orders or payments. It may take up to 24 hours to process your order.
Firefox users may have issues visiting our WHMCS panel as the SSL certificates are causing issues at the moment. Please add an exception to your browser or use a different browser.

If you have any inquiries, please open a ticket on the 'Contact Us' section of our main site.

Comments

• SSL Certificate is working fine for me.

• @HalfEatenPie, What version of Firefox? Some of the people accessing our site are reporting issues.

• I tried on 14.0 and 15.0 (15.0 is the Beta version)

• klikliklikli Member

Missing Intermediate SSL Certificates.

• @HalfEatenPie, unusual. Seems to affect most Firefox users.

@klikli, thanks. Will get that fixed ASAP (most likely tomorrow morning).

• bretonbreton Member
    6.Other
    6.1. A valid domain with a truthful and correct WHOIS record must be supplied to register and use our services.

Strange entry in AUP.

Nice offer though.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @Breton, how is requiring our clients to have valid WHOIS information strange? And thank you.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@exextatic why do you need to require it? it's strange...

• bretonbreton Member

@exextatic said: how is requiring our clients to have valid WHOIS information strange? And thank you.

1. There can simply be no domain. Like it was in my case, when I bought my vps from InceptionHosting.
    2. Is a domain with hidden whois valid and truthful?
    3. What if I change the domain? Or use another one? And sell the one I showed?
    4. Why would you even want to know a domain providing VPS? I've never seen such a requirement with any other host.
    Thanked by 2Infinity name
  • HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited July 2012

Maybe I don't want a domain with my VPS. Maybe I want to use the IP only and be all secret like :P (Some VPSes I actually do use without a domain)

Anyways :P good luck dude!

Thanked by 1telephone
  • @HalfEatenPie said: Maybe I want to use the IP only

I have a lot of boxes that aren't used in conjunction with a domain.

• @telephone said: I have a lot of boxes that aren't used in conjunction with a domain

Yeah I have my boxes that I use without a domain too. Its convenient sometimes.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

Or I can register VPS and use domain that I don't own. How would you know that?

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited July 2012

I will never understand how can someone who's in VPS hosting business require domain ownership as condition to order VPS at all. It's freakin virtual private server not shared web hosting service... I use domains with maybe around 10% of my virtual private servers and yet.. most of them are in use.

Not to mention that my private domain whois records should not be concern of some 3rd party host.
    @exextatic my domains registered with other registrants simply aren't your business.

Thanked by 2Taz name
  • TazTaz Member

Test IP? Which DC (Please no Kimsufi Crap)

• Well I'm the co-owner of Vert Hosting, the other owner wrote the AUP and TOS. I'll revise them soon then.

@NinjaHawk, German nodes are with Hetzner, French nodes are with OVH. I'll get a test IP up soon (at the same time I'm revising the TOS and AUP).

• TazTaz Member

OvH or kimsufi?

• @NinjaHawk, It's a mix of both for our French nodes.

• AUP and TOS updated and the SSL certificate errors fixed. Looking at setting up a Test IP now.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • For anyone wondering about uptime: http://chi.blite.ca/pungcm/
    100% uptime :D