Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS & cPanel Combine Powers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS & cPanel Combine Powers

NickPerkNickPerk Member
edited July 2012 in General

So what do you guys think will happen with the recent changes at WHMCS (INFO: http://blog.whmcs.com/?t=51686)?

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited July 2012

By your powers combined, I am Captain Hosting !...
    After the recent disaster, they need something like that.
    M

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2012

An effort to gain their reputation back? Still isn't giving me too much confidence in them. Doesn't say anything about the cPanel team coding for WHMCS.. I dunno.

• I'm thinking maybe a price hike on WHMCS which I hope doesn't happen.

• We like cPanel VPS licenses cheaper.

@NickPerk said: I'm thinking maybe a price hike on WHMCS which I hope doesn't happen.

Possible, they could use it as an excuse to raise the prices, and make the heedless believe they are getting a better product since cPanel has teamed with them.. Just my opinion though, maybe cPanel will actually help them code properly ;)

Thanked by 1martip07
  • Still waiting for cPanel to release a VPS control panel lol. Now we have to worry that cPanel blindly gears WHMCS towards shared hosting only..

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I'm surprised cPanel is doing this now given the recent disaster. But I guess the WHMCS world is now completely safe with JoshTheGod behind bars, right? Right?

• @Nick_A said: I'm surprised cPanel is doing this now given the recent disaster. But I guess the WHMCS world is now completely safe with JoshTheGod behind bars, right? Right?

Not too surprising in my opinion. I recall (vaguely) that they've been wanting to develop their billing portal, at least, there were some adverts about it.
    Since WHMCS has had a crappy time recently, it probably costs them less to throw money at WHMCS than at a full-time development team.

• CoreyCorey Member

I don't like it.... makes me think WHMCS is going to become more of just a cpanel bililng system.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@Nick_A said: But I guess the WHMCS world is now completely safe with JoshTheGod behind bars, right? Right?

Or the fact cPanel actually knows how to code and will fix WHMCS and offer real support? Matt is an idiot for not cashing out 100% when cPanel came sniffing.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • Wait, I thought the buzz in the past was that cPanel was actively developing their own billing/support system. Anyone else remember that?

• DamianDamian Member

Maybe they can buy SolusVM too? Then we'll have a good VPS control panel, finally.

Thanked by 2DeletedUser Taz
  • subigosubigo Member

Two awful systems combine to make one giant pile of crap.

• rghfrghf Member

Makes for some interesting consolidation within the billing market place. Would love to see what they are going to do with support for non-cPanel modules. However it looks like Matt has maintained a majority share holding so hopefully he will be able to keep his vision of where the company will go.

God forbids ! The more they consolidate, the worse product and higher the price.
    They will just buy the competition and sue GPL for "design". The attorneys will do the rest.
    Nope, I dont want to see a monopoly, hopefully they will not want it either after all the past fiascos.
    M

• I wonder what WHMCS+WHM will be programmed in.

asp .net
    M

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Damian said: Maybe they can buy SolusVM too? Then we'll have a good VPS control panel, finally.

Oh goodness yes.

Heck, cPanel should just be paid to replace the support staff at WHMCS and SolusVM. WHMCS will often just not respond, while SolusVM support is fairly worthless.

Then again, I haven't used cPanel's support much...

@Maounique said: asp .net

Oh, god no...

/me runs far far away.

• laaevlaaev Member

http://maxibill.com/ & cPanel.

One day Maxi... one day :3

Oh wow, someone has a lot of time to waste.

• I wonder what WHMCS+WHM will be programmed in.

Perl, like most of cPanel.