Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS with BGP
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS with BGP

patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

Hi,

I'm looking for a VPS in Europe with BGP (IPv6 only) to announce a /48 network (anycast purposes).

Any ideas?

Comments

• @patrick7 said:
    Hi,

I'm looking for a VPS in Europe with BGP (IPv6 only) to announce a /48 network (anycast purposes).

Any ideas?

How much are you looking to spend per server? I may be about to announce this now

However, I don't have ability to do you VPS but I can do you a cheap server in the UK?

• patrick7patrick7 Member, LIR

As cheap as possible. There is no need for much traffic or big RAM (128-256M RAM, 5GB HD, 20GB traffic should be enough).

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2015

@patrick7 said:
    As cheap as possible. There is no need for much traffic or big RAM (128-256M RAM, 5GB HD, 20GB traffic should be enough).

I can announce this - problem is I do not have any VPS at the moment..

I can get you a very very low cost dedi? One of them £8/mo Atom 230's that I have?

Hm, OK. But dedicated is overkill for me. Alternatives could be BGP tunnel or Raspberry Colo ;-)

• @patrick7 said:
    Hm, OK. But dedicated is overkill for me. Alternatives could be BGP tunnel or Raspberry Colo ;-)

As I edited, I got an £8/mo Atom 230 server, or I can do RPI colo for £2.50...

And in this prices, BGP is included? (not just an announcement, I'd like to peer with my own asn)

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2015

@patrick7 said:
    And in this prices, BGP is included? (not just an announcement, I'd like to peer with my own asn)

We'd charge a setup fee but I am sure we can sort you out in the UK ;-) get in contact - with me I'll sort this.

• We can do this, but on a dedi. We no longer do BGP on VPS.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Setup any VPS + BGP via HE.NET tunnel broker

edited February 2015

I know, but HE has some dirty packetloss, at least on their Frankfurt PoP

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

If you need FRA talk to @flo - we have good peering there

@gbshouse You meen Amfy? I'm already peering with him ;-)

• Keep in mind that anycast for ipv6 might not work very well. Whichever route he.net chooses as best to your /48 will probably bring a very large percent of your traffic.

• @rds100 said: We can do this, but on a dedi. We no longer do BGP on VPS.

Why not? Your comment implies it's doable (I was not aware).

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited February 2015

@aglodek it's doable, and we have done it in the past, but it's a kludge to do it on OpenVZ. On KVM it might be easier, but there would still be some specific configurations to do for such a VPS (like fix / remove the source IP filtering), or place it on a separate VLAN. Such custom configurations get in the way in case you need to migrate the VPS on a different node and generally complicate life.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • you could use moln.is or gridlane.com but I think nobody is maintaning these two anymore.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @UrDN said:
    you could use moln.is or gridlane.com but I think nobody is maintaning these two anymore.

(K) Moln.is (1337 LLC)

Uhhhh..

• @UrDN said:
    you could use moln.is or gridlane.com but I think nobody is maintaning these two anymore.

Moln.is is just a gridlane reseller AFAIK.