Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gotta love old coax lines
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gotta love old coax lines

bijan588bijan588 Member
edited July 2012 in General

AHHH, I just love the jitter

Comments

• lol

• SpencerSpencer Member
    edited July 2012

Haha

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

Thats not a generic problem with coax lines :D
    Heres mine, also using an old coax line:

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Thats not a generic problem with coax lines :D

Heres mine, also using an old coax line:

Then what is causing said jitter in this 1920's era building?

• @bijan588 said: Then what is causing said jitter in this 1920's era building?

ISP!

• DamianDamian Member

Buffers getting overloaded and filling up somewhere...

• @bijan588 said: Then what is causing said jitter in this 1920's era building?

There are many possible causes.

• I realllly think its the unsheilded cables on the roof... But I guess you guys know best.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited July 2012

@bijan588 said: I realllly think its the unsheilded cables on the roof... But I guess you guys know best.

Just have the cables changed then. Also noone said that the old coax lines were not responsible for the jitter.

• eastoncheastonch Member
    edited July 2012

My internet stuffz.... (My exchange is currently having problems... -- Bascially, they've had this one problem for a while, and they they've completely fucked it...).

• BT is the best ISP in the world!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I had a problem on my Virgin Media connection today, and btw. we have coax from the cabinet to the modem, but fiber to the exchange.

@liam said: We have fiber to the cabinet ;-)

I always knew you were posh, you god-damn richie! Nah, our FTTC is coming in Dec 2012 apparently, it was meant to come last year but meh, it's Virgin Media, dare I expect more?

• @Infinity said: I had a problem on my Virgin Media connection today, and btw. we have coax from the cabinet to the modem, but fiber to the exchange.

So, that is FTTC?

• @liam said: Ha, typical Virgin. Could be worse cough BT cough

Please, everyone knows BT is superior in every way. Their uptime is only matched by HostBluff.

• @liam said: Installing a fiber line under a pond, seriously?

How did they manage that? They deserve a medal.

@ElliotJ said: So, that is FTTC?

Oops, I meant fiber to the home lol. I'm not tired..

@liam said: My father had to redo BT's work as they seriously messed it up and their support was very useless. Enough said.

We did too, the line was done really badly.. Until we got Virgin who cut the BT lines..

• TheHackBoxTheHackBox Member
    edited July 2012

Ping Test

Connection Speed:

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

coax internet in Mexico:

• kalamkalam Member
    edited July 2012

It can depend on a bunch of different factors. I've got old coax as well:

!(http://www.pingtest.net/result/66212072.png)

• Over here. both virgin media and BT Infinity use Coax. and there isnt muchof a speedproblem

People often believe FTTC is fibre but in reality it isnt. its fibre to the curb from the box or post its coax or similiar.

• PADPAD Member
    edited July 2012

@DanielM

Implied by its name! :D I think you mean a variation of FTTX (fibre to the x)

(http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/FTTX.png)

• JTRJTR Member

Just had a tech come out and fix my line the other day, the filter installed (to stop TV signals) was damaged and wasn't even filtering out the signals for this area — it was a model for another city's service area altogether!

Cable is pretty decent, much better than my old DSL.