Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the corect price /mo for 200gb shared hosting ??
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the corect price /mo for 200gb shared hosting ??

cociucociu Member
edited February 2015 in General

Hello LET , I wonder what would be the right price for 200 gb space for shared hosting?

Server sec :

128 gb ram

8 core , 32 threads

Raid 10

1 gbps port speed

eu location (Romania)

cPanel

10 Tb montly traffic

unlimited : domains, mails, subdomains

Comments

• i wouldn't say there's a right or wrong price per say, more towards whether you are targeted at premium, budget, standard or low end sector.
    rather exceptional specifications for a cPanel server, though..... only setback being traffic limit

• @cociu said:
    Hello LET , I wonder what would be the right price for 200 gb space for shared hosting?

Server sec :

128 gb ram

8 core , 32 threads

Raid 10

1 gbps port speed

eu location (Romania)

cPanel

10 Tb montly traffic

unlimited : domains, mails, subdomains

Just out of curiosity are you a provider yourself and planning on selling 200GB shared hosting plans on that server? Or are you speaking to a provider about getting an account on that server?

• @XuHi i am provider too but i am courrios

• @cociu said:
    XuHi i am provider too but i am courrios

I don't understand why you would provide that much disk space on a European server. Especially for Shared Hosting. A lot of people don't even need that much space.

And think if they do and use it all think how much bandwidth they could potencially to consume. EU bandwidth is a lot more expensive than US bandwidth. If you do provide a 200 GB disk Space plan consider limiting bandwidth.

I do my plans as follows for my UK servers:

1) Level 1
    6 GB Disk Space
    18 GB Bandwidth
    3 Email Addresses
    3 MySQL Databases
    1 Hosted Website
    £3.99 Per Month
    £39.90 Annually (Save £7.98)

2) Level 2
    12 GB Disk Space
    36 GB Bandwidth
    18 Email Addresses
    18 MySQL Databases
    6 Hosted Websites
    £5.99 Per Month
    £59.90 Annually (Save £11.98)

3) Level 3
    24 GB Disk Space
    72 GB Bandwidth
    36 Email Addresses
    36 MySQL Databases
    12 Hosted Websites
    £7.99 Per Month
    £79.90 Annually (Save £15.98)

4) Level 4
    48 GB Disk Space
    144 GB Bandwidth
    Unlimited Email Addresses
    Unlimited MySQL Databases
    Unlimited Parked Domains
    £9.99 Per Month
    £99.90 Annually (Save £19.98)

I also provide a free domain annually as an incentive.

As far as pricing is concerned the end user will generally pay for what you provide them with. Especially support and reliability as this is what a lot of people look for. The actually resources you provide the client with make up only a little bit of the price you decide on. A big aspect on how you plan to price is your target market.

Also if an end user requires as much as 200 GB disk they would generally choose to get a VPS or a low end dedi.

• @XuHi I understand the idea just as our plan is a low end and will be well below the price of a VPS with the same specs, again is just a survey to see the interest and the correct price of this package. As I put a bandwidth limit for each account, namely 10 TB / month

• @cociu said:
    XuHi I understand the idea just as our plan is a low end and will be well below the price of a VPS with the same specs, again is just a survey to see the interest and the correct price of this package. As I put a bandwidth limit for each account, namely 10 TB / month

What provider do you use for the server? 10 TB is a lot of bandwidth for one plan.

What I would do is look at some VPS providers and their plans. Since you are considering LowEnd check out some providers on LowEndBox. Make plans based off what they offer and take away like 1 dollar. That way you have the edge.

Since you are providing high spec Shared Hosting plans at low end prices you target market is possibly people that need a lots of resources with little / no knowledge of Linux. Or people that simply want the convienience of having lots of resources with easy management. :)

• RCS-RDS and backup line for the moment UPC but i go with GTS too next month when i planed to sell this packages

• @cociu said:
    RCS-RDS and backup line for the moment UPC but i go with GTS too next month when i planed to sell this packages

Nice might take a look at them and colocate from the UK if they can do that. In need of a Romanian server :)

• $2/yr

• When you are selling shared hosting you are probably selling the service instead of the hardware. How can you solve the issues and keep the stability and reliability determines the pricing.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Our pricing is £0.01/gb so £2 for a 200GB per month. This is storage only. we also offer a budget VM with 250GB HDD for $7/m

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

About tree fiddy

Thanked by 1catalystium