Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LowEndBrie - - $1.49/year for an IPv6 only VPS - - Valentine's Day Special
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LowEndBrie - - $1.49/year for an IPv6 only VPS - - Valentine's Day Special

briehostbriehost Member
edited February 2015 in Offers

We hope you are all as excited as we are for Valentine's Day - if not, get ready to be!!

We just launched our LowEndBrie VPS (IPv6 only) and wanted to give our LowEndTalk the chance to experience our services.

To commemorate this new launch and express our LOVE for our customers this Valentine's Day, we are offering a special limited time deal on LowEndBrie!

Through Valentine's Day, February 14, 2015:

We are offering 25% off any of our LowEndBrie VPS, which like our love for our customers is for life! Limited to one per customer. Simply use coupon code: lovebrie2015

25% off LE OpenVZ 64 - IPv6

Uptime - 99.9% Guaranteed

Premium Bandwidth - 50 GB @ 100mbps

Type - Template

Cores - 1

RAM - 64 MB

Burstable to - 96 MB

HDD - 1 GB

IPv6 - 10 included

Location - Lenoir, North Carolina

$1.99/year $1.49/year BUY NOW

25% off LE OpenVZ 128 - IPv6

Premium Bandwidth - 100 GB @ 100mbps

Type - Template

Cores - 1

RAM - 128 MB

Burstable to - 192 MB

HDD - 2 GB

IPv6 - 10 included

$2.99/year $2.24/year BUY NOW

25% off LE OpenVZ 256 - IPv6

Premium Bandwidth - 250 GB @ 100mbps

Type - Template

Cores - 1

RAM - 256 MB

Burstable to - 384 MB

HDD - 5 GB

IPv6 - 10 included

$4.99/year $3.74/year BUY NOW

If you miss this offer, don't worry, our love for our customers is undying and eternal. Stay tuned for more surprises from Brie Host later this month!

Thanked by 1DeftNerd

Comments

• What's premium bandwidth?

• @ATHK said:
    What's premium bandwidth?

We don't limit the access speed of your VPS :)

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • I'm really happy you guys are still running!

Still have my USB miner ;)

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @0xdragon said:
    I'm really happy you guys are still running!

Still have my USB miner ;)

Hey! Glad to hear from you!! We hope you earned some coins with it to give our new service a try ;)

Thanked by 10xdragon
  • @briehost said:

May I ask where the servers are located? Also, is a IPv4 addon available? Or are these truly IPv6 only offers?

• @Jonchun said:May I ask where the servers are located? Also, is a IPv4 addon available? Or are these truly IPv6 only offers?

Thanks for asking! I'll edit the post now to include that. The servers are based in Lenoir, North Carolina (USA).

• Also, we have IPv4 available on the server but not currently offered due to the price. PM me and we'll work something out. With moderate success in this service, we will look to add affordable IPv4 as an add on :)

• I've actually been wanting hosts that just embrace IP6. With Cloudflare's IP6 to IP4 translation, I don't need IP4 anymore for web hosting. It's unfortunate that you don't have any higher spec plans. 2 core, 1 or 2 gb of Ram, 20gb HD space would hit my sweet spot for a front-end web server.

Kudos for using Coinpayments too. I keep most of my bitcoin related businesses profits in BTC, but it's nice when people offer alternatives.

Just signed up for a 256 and I'll probably use it as a RabbitMQ consumer location for a service I'm building out that monitors infrastructure and adjusts Cloudflare DNS configs automatically when servers go down. Low memory VPS's are only useful to me for little worker scripts like that.

Thanked by 2ATHK Jonchun
  • Hey Deftnerd, thanks for the kind word and the order! :) We agree, thanks to services like cloud flare you can have a perfectly good webserver is possible with an IPv6 only vps.

That sounds like a great use for LowEnd services, we would be very interested in hearing more about your project!

We are just launching this service but we will be adding upgrades to storage soon. And a big thank you for paying in bitcoin and saving us the fees!

• @DeftNerd said:
    With Cloudflare's IP6 to IP4 translation, I don't need IP4 anymore for web hosting.

I really, really love this feature.

• @ATHK said:
    I really, really love this feature.

+1

• I did discover some oddities with the host, but if you know what you're doing you can fix it. Since there is no IP4, even outbound through a NAT, the OS has some difficulty. It'll hit a DNS server over IP6 but receive IP4 addresses for some requests. For instance, Github STILL doesn't have IP6.

Then it'll attempt to get to the site through IP4 since there is a 127.0.0.2 IP addresses added to the routing table. It'll just wait and wait until it times out.

To fix this, simply type
    ip addr del 127.0.0.2/32 dev venet0
    ip link set dev venet0 arp off

Now requests that end up at IP4 addresses will fail immediately rather than timing out.

• @DeftNerd said:

DeftNerd, sorry for the late reply, but thanks so much for your feedback! and your business :)

We are planning on building out our LowEnd services to include upgrades to your VPS including dedicated IPv4, extra storage and bandwidth. As a token of appreciation, I've upgraded the disk on your VPS to 20 GB ;)

Thanked by 1DeftNerd