Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low End SaaS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Low End SaaS

Other than CloudCommando, what SaaS offerings are there priced for the Low End market?

Thanked by 10xdragon

Comments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

GMail is free.

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited February 2015

Piwik :D Check my signature.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom was offering a Hosted Piwik on his site but I can't find it on mobile connection.

• @Nomad said:
    TinyTunnel_Tom was offering a Hosted Piwik on his site but I can't find it on mobile connection.

@joodle was the one ;)

• Hehe, my bad @Joodle he is.

• LowEndSas; where's the meerkat?!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @kcaj said:
    LowEndSas; where's the meerkat?!

-.-

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Http://site-visits.com
    Hosted Piwik integrated with WHMCS.

• @mikho said:
    Http://site-visits.com
    Hosted Piwik integrated with WHMCS.

Does this offer the opportunity install extensions from the Marketplace?

Depending on the extention, yes.
    Let me know what you want/need and I'll check if they already are available or if they can be installed.

• @mikho It's loginldap to authenticate against my own directory server, so I don't think it would work on a shared install.

@mcharga3000 said:
    mikho It's loginldap to authenticate against my own directory server, so I don't think it would work on a shared install.

That is correct. That would require a whole different service. :)

If you really need it as SaaS then let me know a location and I'll work out a price if it would be possible to offer a managed solution.

• @mcharga3000 said:
    mikho It's loginldap to authenticate against my own directory server, so I don't think it would work on a shared install.

This will work on CloudCommando as you have your own isolated install.

• I'm not just looking for analytics, so if anyone has any other Low End SaaS offers then chime in :)

• @mcharga3000 said:
    I'm not just looking for analytics, so if anyone has any other Low End SaaS offers then chime in :)

What are you looking for then?

• Anything, we all waste money on too many VPSes, I feel like splashing out on something else.

• mcharga3000 said: waste money on too many VPSes

Check out GVH, should be what you're looking for.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @kcaj said:
    Check out GVH, should be what you're looking for.

Well to be fair, at least he won't be getting a VPS. Not a working one anyways.

• @mcharga3000

Is there any SaaS you'd like to see? Perhaps I can look into some new markets.

• mcharga3000mcharga3000 Member
    edited February 2015

kcaj said: Check out GVH, should be what you're looking for.

That was useful. Gold star for your contribution. /s

• Jonchun said: Is there any SaaS you'd like to see? Perhaps I can look into some new markets.

Maybe some groupware offering? Wouldn't expect Zimbra at LEB prices but maybe Kolab or the like.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Maybe some e-mail with a side of OwnCloud? Just saying.... ;)

• @Jar said:
    Maybe some e-mail with a side of OwnCloud? Just saying.... ;)

With all the owncloud hype, I've been considering doing this as SaaS. Question is, in order to get plans into LEB range, there will definitely have to be some quality skimping.

Would anyone even be interested at all at hosted OwnCloud on lower end storage servers? I'm thinking maybe some wholesale internet dedis? or perhaps I'm approaching this the wrong way? I'm not sure how hosted owncloud is supposed to compete with something like dropbox pro that's $10/month for 1TB storage.

@mcharga3000 said:
    Maybe some groupware offering? Wouldn't expect Zimbra at LEB prices but maybe Kolab or the like.

Kolab looks like a good start. Will investigate.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

I think OwnCloud thrives from lower storage allocations for light use, documents and such. That's why I set everyone to 512MB with MXroute, though I may increase it later as it has it's own server to hammer on as much as it wants to.

Kolab would be a good offering if simplified on administration side and automated in provisioning. The administration side as it stands is not something I would deploy for users at low end cost unless I had heavily documented the processes to prevent excess support requests, personally.

• Jonchun said: the wrong way

You are :)

• @mcharga3000 - Delimiter will offer Yomura's PAAS and Cloud (as in true cloud) services from Mid/Late March. One of the beta testers on the PAAS platform has rolled our a number of SAAS applications, once the platform move to RFS then I'll put a posting with the details of the SAAS provider, he has been funded/incubated by Yomura so given exceptionally aggressive pricing and will be well within the LEB/LET pricing model.

• @0xdragon said:
    You are :)

care to explain how to look at it?