Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting - New Packages, New Feature!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute] E-mail Hosting - New Packages, New Feature!

jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
edited January 2015 in Offers

(Offer approved by @mpkossen)

Hi everyone. Many of you know of the service that I provide, but many of you may not. I provide e-mail hosting for your domain(s). I would like to announce a new feature today as well, one that I am quite proud of. Below is a list of our features.

• POP, IMAP, SMTP
  • Webmail
  • Sieve filters
  • Z-Push (works with 1 account per device)
  • Control panel based on VestaCP
  • Not U.S. hosted (but U.S. owned)

The new feature I would like to announce...

• OwnCloud account for every e-mail account!

-- https://mxroute.com/portal (Portal link on front page of website)

All of our packages have recently been replaced to meet the requests of our users (existing users not changed). The storage has been slightly lowered from what they used to be and the limit on domains and e-mail accounts has been lifted.

Here are our new packages:

Name: Small

Storage: 5GB

Domains/E-mail Accounts: Unlimited

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=19

$10/year

Name: Medium

Storage: 10GB

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=20

$15/year

Name: Large

Storage: 15GB

https://billing.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=21

$20/year

There are no active promo codes that apply to these packages. They are priced to be inexpensive, to such a degree that a discount is not appropriate.

Comments

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

I've been using MXroute for a short while now, and everything seems to be running very nicely. Had a play with the OwnCloud setup a couple of days ago as well, and it works very nicely. MXroute seems to be on a very positive road.

Great pricing and a great product. Props to @Jar for bringing something that we all need (especially with the changes on pricing at Google Apps) to the Low End Market.

Thanked by 1jar
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited January 2015

No aliases/recipient delimiter? :(

May I suggest to disable old ciphers?

SSL-Session:

Protocol : TLSv1
    Cipher : RC4-SHA

Thanked by 1jar
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2015

4n0nx said: May I suggest to disable old ciphers?

Cipher perfection equals incompatibility with major applications. It is well balanced and kept very secure. If you are using up to date client software you should be using secure ciphers, to a degree I have to leave some of this to the client. Forcing everything on server side is not the answer to security, it is only half of it. I get these questions constantly and I assure you that I do my homework and do what is best for my clients short of effectively disabling the service in the name of A++ ratings on SSL test websites :)

Thanked by 24n0nx vimalware
  • MunMun Member

What does not hosted in the US mean?

Thanked by 1jar

@Mun said:
    What does not hosted in the US mean?

OVH Canada. It's just one less thing for people to complain about ;)

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Mun said: What does not hosted in the US mean?

https://whois.domaintools.com/198.100.145.75

Thanked by 1jar

4n0nx said: No aliases/recipient delimiter? :(

Sorry, overlooked this for my almost copy/paste answer about ciphers haha ;)

Aliases can be created for an account, but you can only send from the account that they are aliases of unless you force the "From" header using your own mail client (Roundcube has been locked from this intentionally).

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Good service here guys if you need email hosting :-).

Thanked by 2jar 4n0nx
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the kind words @liamwithers and @catalystium! I'm working hard to make MXroute into everything that I want my mail server to be (always great motivation for development). Though I move my e-mail to other services from time to time to check them out, ultimately I always move it back to MXroute. As a client of my own service, I'm really enjoying the addition of OwnCloud.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Jar said: OVH Canada. It's just one less thing for people to complain about ;)

Wat?

@aglodek said:
    Wat?

US border seems to scare everyone post Snowden ;)

Thanked by 1mehargags
  • @Jar said:
    US border seems to scare everyone post Snowden ;)

To be fair, with the amount of data sharing and reciprocation that goes on between the US and Canada (usually from the latter to the former), there isn't that much difference in these kinds of situations.

Thanked by 1jar

@user123 said:
    To be fair, with the amount of data sharing and reciprocation that goes on between the US and Canada (usually from the latter to the former), there isn't that much difference in these kinds of situations.

Honestly I don't think there's much of a difference in any country that is civilized enough to have running water but whatever makes people sleep better at night ;)

Thanked by 1user123
  • I'm not sure if I make sense, if you could also have something like google docs to go with mxroute, that would be perfect

Thanked by 1jar

@jcaleb said:
    I'm not sure if I make sense, if you could also have something like google docs to go with mxroute, that would be perfect

That's exactly why I added OwnCloud :)

I'm coming for you Google!

Thanked by 2jcaleb user123
  • OwnCloud is available for existing users too? Can't seem to find it on my panel.

@deadbeef said:
    OwnCloud is available for existing users too? Can't seem to find it on my panel.

It is. Click on Portal on the home page. It authenticates against IMAP on MX1 :)

• @Jar Fantastic, thanks :)

• @Jar Hi Jar. Just wondering, is there an option to download backups (like the tar backups in cpanel)?

@PandaRain said:
    Jar Hi Jar. Just wondering, is there an option to download backups (like the tar backups in cpanel)?

There is :)