Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ACTA rejected by the European Parliament
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ACTA rejected by the European Parliament

rds100rds100 Member
edited July 2012 in General

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-18704192

I wonder what will be the next even worse than ACTA agreement they will try to sneak in.

Thanked by 3djvdorp William tux

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Haha, on the 4th of July :P Good move !
    M

• The next one with be BUMA.

• @liam said: This is why I like England being in the EU. Stops our government from running riot over us.

England isn't in the EU, the UK is.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • mkdir /EU/UK/{ENGLAND, NI, WALES, SCOTLAND}

• @eastonch said: mkdir /EU/UK/{ENGLAND, NI, WALES, SCOTLAND}

That command would fail :(

Thanked by 1Roph
  • eastoncheastonch Member
    edited July 2012
    mkdir -p /UK/EU/{ENGLAND,NI,WALES,SCOTLAND}

That wouldnt...

root@my128pro:/UK# ls -R | grep ":$" | sed -e 's/:$//' -e 's/[^-][^\/]*\//--/g' -e 's/^/   /' -e 's/-/|/'
       |-EU
       |---ENGLAND
       |---NI
       |---SCOTLAND
       |---WALES

Bucharest is in EU too.
    M

Thanked by 1Victor
  • @eastonch No that one would work.

• I meant, "That would." ;']

• @Maounique said: Bucharest is in EU too.

Yes, but not in Schengen :')

@William said: Yes, but not in Schengen

We were talking about EU and that Schengen thing is bound to change anyway. Schengen can also disintegrate, whichever comes first.
    M

• The EU (nor the Schengen) will not disappear, just like the UK will never leave the EU.

Thanked by 1connercg
    edited July 2012

Yes, but Schengen can become obsolete.
    Also, I think EU will not disappear, nor the EURO, no matter the problems. If Eu will disappear, then it would be the least of our worries at the time (unless superseded by another better thing) .
    M

• @Maounique said: Also, I think EU will not disappear, nor the EURO, no matter the problems. If Eu will disappear, then it would be the least of our worries at the time (unless superseded by another better thing) .

There's nothing wrong with the EU or Schengen (although the UK opted out of this one) and the EURO is a great idea, but some countries abused it.

Thanked by 1Liam
  • @liam said: Yup, Greece got given money to help with infastructure and business and what did they do with it? Build holiday homes every where ;-)

Nah, the politicians kept it to buy fancy cars.

• rds100rds100 Member

@liam you've been in a lot of countries it seems :)

• @liam said: Not that many really. Perhaps 15, UN recognised states.

How's that plan to invade Sealand coming along?

Thanked by 1eastonch
    edited July 2012

@liam said: That was a joke, don't want Mi5 busting my door at 5AM

I would be pretty worried in a country where you have to specify that was a joke out of fear... :P
    M

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited July 2012

@liam said: I've been to Greece a few times ;-) First hand experience. You should see Crete it's pretty ruined. They probably did both though.

Where did you go mate? I have been to both Zakynthos and Kos and found them both nice places. Although, that was about 5 year ago and TBF i was about 16 when i went to Kos, so all that mattered was drink and PR girls :P

• @liam said: Athens, Crete and a few days in Rhodes.

Ah right, i heard good things about Crete as well.

I dont like crowded places either, last year was at the seaside in october, completely deserted and still very good weather and good water. Gave an eerie image, wind blowing through shops and restaurants, the sea only for us...
    But that is exceptional, usually in September is already too cold.
    M

• RandyRandy Member

thats actually great news. but for people like us in my country there is nothing much we can do, as it has been signed for our country :)

@Randy said: thats actually great news. but for people like us in my country there is nothing much we can do, as it has been signed for our country :)

OK, lets take a step to prevent another reincarnation of these:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/3523/for-a-free-internet#Item_1
    M

• RandyRandy Member

its too late for me to sign i guess?:-P