Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft Server host?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Minecraft Server host?

So @Francisco has a good solution for minecraft servers with MineRack, are there any other minecraft server hosts run by providers here at let?

Comments

• I believe @drserver is in the process of testing his Frag 101 gaming line?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

said: So @Francisco has a good solution for minecraft servers with MineRack, are there any other minecraft server hosts run by providers here at let?

Thanks!

Multicraft is complete garbage and I can't wait for us to finally get the ball rolling on StallionMC.

Francisco

• Francisco said: Multicraft is complete garbage

I feel you on that one, I spent 2+ years writing custom scripts and modifying the code to make it much better and secure

Spencer said: I feel you on that one, I spent 2+ years writing custom scripts and modifying the code to make it much better and secure

Yeah I got a much nicer idea for StallionMC, I just have to get some testbeds in place to see how it does.

It's prone to having hissy fits and breaking for unknown reasons. Tim's talked to the developers a few times to try to get some of the issues addressed but he simply got a "Eh, we know that's broken, we have no intentions of fixing that".

Great!

Fran

• @Francisco said:

"developers", Only one I ever talked to was Daniel. Are there more?

taronyu said: "developers", Only one I ever talked to was Daniel. Are there more?

I have no idea, that's the choice of words Tim, my worker, used :P

When I saw the panel and skimmed some of the source I shuddered and simply went 'Nope, we have to replace this in the new year'.

It's for sure on the menu, I just need to get BuyVM & BuyShared's sites done.

Fran

• Francisco said: Multicraft is complete garbage

I have to agree on that one, it was being updated when I first started using a few years ago. Now its completely dead and lacking some features

• @Francisco said:
    Multicraft is complete garbage and I can't wait for us to finally get the ball rolling on StallionMC.

Hmm, interesting, didn't know about StallionMC being in your plans. Would you need beta testers for StallionMC?

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • But how about DDoS attacks to Minecraft game servers?

• Here! Im one of the staff members of http://cdhost.info and http://minecraftbudgethost.com

• @desperand said:
    But how about DDoS attacks to Minecraft game servers?

GRE tunnels to OVH servers ;p?

• @TheLonely said:
    GRE tunnels to OVH servers ;p?

but I/O and CPU is limited too

@fhneric said:
    Hmm, interesting, didn't know about StallionMC being in your plans. Would you need beta testers for StallionMC?

Only thing stopping me is the amount of hours in the day. We have some pretty interesting ideas for it all that we want to integrate.

Some features in multicraft are broken and have been broken for a long time where as other ideas are completely pointless.

Given the current stallion base I don't think it'd be overly difficult to integrate.

@desperand said:
    But how about DDoS attacks to Minecraft game servers?

Suck it up and deal with it? We have to provide free filtering for it. It's just how it is.

Francisco

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited January 2015

-- Removed, PMed instead. --

• edited January 2015

Hello,

You can try our RBX location on http://megavz.com providing you don't abuse the CPU/IO too much. Basic 480gbps ddos protection from OVH is included. Any more questions PM me or send a ticket on https://evobilling.com :)

I can setup free of charge

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • @Francisco

Do you do PayPal subscriptions for MineRack? The option's not on my invoice but I asked in a ticket and Tim didn't seem sure.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    providing you don't abuse the CPU/IO too much.

Have you hosted Minecraft before? ;)

@Dylan said:
    Francisco

Do you do PayPal subscriptions for MineRack? The option's not on my invoice but I asked in a ticket and Tim didn't seem sure.

I talked to Aldryic earlier and he thinks he can make them work properly now so he's going to be working on that in the morning. The big thing was mostly making it cancel subscriptions for users so they don't end up paying for service they don't have.

Francisco

• @fhneric

We are one of the few providers in the minecraft nitch that have turnkey hosting that is VPS based.

https://www.simplydigitalhosting.com/billing/cart.php?gid=14

You may choose panels and treat it like shared, but have the control of a VPS.

PM me if you have questions or issues.